The Forum Rant Thread!!! Come one, come all!

Everything that doesn't fit anywhere else!

Postby TheRedQueen » August 4th, 2011, 7:42 am

woke up with a sore throat (spent time around my sister's sick kids yesterday)...found out that one of my favorite Aussies, Pepe, was killed by my former Classic Car fosters...and we have no AC, and aren't sure how to pay for new AC.
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby mnp13 » August 4th, 2011, 11:07 am

Wait... what? What happened to the dogs???

Sorry about the AC, I can identify with not having it, but then again I don't live in Maryland!
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby TheRedQueen » August 4th, 2011, 6:45 pm

mnp13 wrote:Wait... what? What happened to the dogs???

Two of the pups that stayed "in the family"...were left unsupervised with an almost 14 year old dog with numerous health problems. He was found almost dead in the yard yesterday, with punctures in his throat...slowly suffocating. He was pts at the vet.

I just don't know anymore...seriously...and people wonder why rescues are so picky about where the dogs go.
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen

Postby hugapitbull » August 4th, 2011, 8:47 pm

So very sad.
Shanna & Spirit Trouble
We beat osteosarcoma - 27 months 20 days cancer free
'Spirit' Trouble departed for the Bridge 3/16/2011 a victim of aging
Visit - http://k9cancer.org

Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain--and most fools do. ~Dale Carnegie
hugapitbull
The Better Half

Postby mnp13 » August 4th, 2011, 9:21 pm

Holy crap. Now what are they/you going to do with the dogs?
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby TheRedQueen » August 4th, 2011, 10:11 pm

They're keeping the dogs, but are going to be more careful with them now...I really can't take them back, so I have to let them stay there for now. (I've got two pit bull fosters right now)

TheRedQueen

Postby mnp13 » August 4th, 2011, 11:35 pm

I didn't think you would take them back, I was just worried they would do the more-common "we have to kill/get rid of the dogs now." Which normally I wouldn't say... but then again I wouldn't have expected them to leave the dogs out together unsupervised either. It sucks...
Michelle

mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby TheRedQueen » August 5th, 2011, 7:40 am

mnp13 wrote:I didn't think you would take them back, I was just worried they would do the more-common "we have to kill/get rid of the dogs now." Which normally I wouldn't say... but then again I wouldn't have expected them to leave the dogs out together unsupervised either. It sucks...

Well, I offered to take them back...to pts or rehome...but they got all upset. After John calmed them down and told them that NO, we didn't want to do either one...they said that they'd keep them separate from other dogs, and supervise.

TheRedQueen

Postby call2arms » August 9th, 2011, 5:49 pm

Week 1 of my vacation was great - week 2 on the other hand, is not starting so well.

I just have the biggest, hugest, most gargantuous cold sore of my life (I've had them since I can remember). All this due to a sunburn all over my face (so much for reading in the sun, even with sunscreen), which is starting to peel on my forehead (thankfully not where my cold sore is located).

Seriously, is it socially acceptable to wear a mask in public at other times than Halloween? Or a paper bag, or a balaklava? A widow screen hat thingy, or perhaps a burka?

To think of "it" mutating over the next 2 weeks is just enchanting, too. :puke:
“Your birth is a mistake you'll spend your whole life trying to correct.” Chuck Palahniuk

I love pus but I hate people.

I can say words like undifferentiated gonads now!
call2arms
Boys Stink

Postby BigDogBuford » August 9th, 2011, 6:34 pm

Can you go to a doc in the box and get a script for Valtrex? I take 1,000mg and then take another 1,000mg 24 hours later and they heal up a LOT faster. Also, throw away your tooth brush, chap stick and anything else you might use on your lips (but I'm sure you know that already!). Vitamin B and Lysine as well.
~Jeanine

You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you know that you just aren't going to do anything productive for the rest of the day.
BigDogBuford
I love snipe hunts.

Postby call2arms » August 9th, 2011, 9:22 pm

My Dr is on vacay until next week (of course!!) so my appt. is on he 18th. I'v had a script for acyclovyr many, many years ago - I'll swing by the pharmacy tomorrow to try and convince the pharmacist to let me have it - with my looks that might work.

The chapstick/toothbrush... The damn thing isn't even touching my mouth! It's living om my FACE!

I'm on a lysine supplement 3000mg a day (it also has echinacea and garlic and other herbs in it to help the immune system), and I have B2 which I will take (never took B's before).

I'm super tempted to try a million things - poke the blisters and alcohol (which I used to do when I was younger, it does sort of work but this one has like a million blisters), put a hot green tea pouch on it, toothpaste... at this point I'll take anything! It's so damn painful and itchy, I just want to scratch my whole face off (I won't)!
“Your birth is a mistake you'll spend your whole life trying to correct.” Chuck Palahniuk

call2arms
Boys Stink

Postby call2arms » August 9th, 2011, 9:46 pm

Darn! I just called the pharmacist. He cannot create a new prescription, and the very old one I've had for valtrex is no longer in the computer so he can't prolong it. Looks like I'll spend some vacation time at the walk-in (and wait 8 hours) clinic tomorrow for a script.

call2arms
Boys Stink

Postby amalie79 » August 12th, 2011, 5:27 pm

GROOOOSSSSSSSSSSS!!! :puke:

All my dogs are prone to visiting the snack bar if I don't clean the litter often enough...

But I just caught Luna eating a clump of URINE soaked litter. Bleh bleh bleh.

I was able to get about half of it away from her, but of course now I'm on poop watch for the next two days. I'm assuming since it was already wet and it's pretty crappy litter-- crumbles really easily-- we don't have as much concern for a blockage, but still.

Too many cats in this house, too many litter boxes, and of course finicky cats who insist on very specific conditions for their elimination time. Just a bunch of a$$holes.

Not really a$$holes. Just been a long week. A friend died and we had the rosary last night and funeral today-- he wasn't religious so the whole elaborate thing feels weird. And my grandmother was moved to hospice.

AND I CAN'T EVEN CUDDLE WITH MY NEW PUPPY BECAUSE HER STUPID SHAR PEI FUR MAKES MY ARMS BREAK OUT. ugh. I need a drink.

:mad2: :mad2:
"In these bodies, we will live; in these bodies we will die.
Where you invest your love, you invest your life." --Marcus Mumford

--Amalie
amalie79
Loyally Bully

Postby TheRedQueen » August 13th, 2011, 8:56 am

My older foster, Stone, has juvenile cataracts. :(

TheRedQueen

Postby TheRedQueen » August 14th, 2011, 6:14 pm

**screams**

All of the people that have told me that we can put their dog on our flyball team line-ups for the BIG October tourney have now backed out. The entries have to be in by Wednesday.

Honest to god, I'm about to go off on flyballers. We're left with two teams of dogs, with ONLY Figment as the height dog. Three days, on two teams...no way he can do that. I mean, we have other height dogs on the team, but their owners have already screwed us over prior to this.

TheRedQueen

Postby TinaMartin » August 14th, 2011, 10:42 pm

amalie79 wrote:AND I CAN'T EVEN CUDDLE WITH MY NEW PUPPY BECAUSE HER STUPID SHAR PEI FUR MAKES MY ARMS BREAK OUT. ugh. I need a drink.

Is it the texture of her fur or does she constantly lick her fur?
Not only am I a member of the Michelle says my dog is fat club I'm the president!
I can Alpha Roll hair!
TinaMartin
The Hair Whisperer

Postby amalie79 » August 14th, 2011, 11:06 pm

TinaMartin wrote:
amalie79 wrote:AND I CAN'T EVEN CUDDLE WITH MY NEW PUPPY BECAUSE HER STUPID SHAR PEI FUR MAKES MY ARMS BREAK OUT. ugh. I need a drink.

Is it the texture of her fur or does she constantly lick her fur?

It's the texture... and I CAN cuddle with her-- just when she moves wrong, it rubs against me and my arms/leg/whatever break out or burn. She does it to the vet and vet techs as well, but not my boyfriend. Doesn't affect him at all. :|

We've had her a month and while her fur is softer when you pet her with the grain, it's still like sandpaper when you go the other way. Her skin looks much, much better, though.

--Amalie
amalie79
Loyally Bully

Postby amalie79 » August 27th, 2011, 9:40 pm

Rude puppies and snarky b*tches. STOP. IT.

I am too tired to referee you guys and you make my worry meter/worst case scenario brain/ crate and rotate fears go into overdrive. I'm already worried enough about my uncle who is in SoHo probably not taking the storm seriously. Plus, I'm tired.

So I beg of you. JUST. STOP IT.

--Amalie
amalie79
Loyally Bully

Postby hugapitbull » August 27th, 2011, 10:30 pm

I think you need one of these - :hug3:
Shanna & Spirit Trouble
We beat osteosarcoma - 27 months 20 days cancer free
'Spirit' Trouble departed for the Bridge 3/16/2011 a victim of aging
Visit - http://k9cancer.org

Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain--and most fools do. ~Dale Carnegie
hugapitbull
The Better Half

Postby amalie79 » August 27th, 2011, 10:47 pm

hugapitbull wrote:I think you need one of these - :hug3:

Thanks. :) It's been a long week.

One of the b*tches is snuggled up with me in apology and the little one is asleep at my feet.

Poor Robin is trying so hard to be judicious and not completely go off on the puppy... But Luna tries to steal everything Robin has at all times and doesn't back off when growled at or even snapped at. I've been keeping them all separated for treat-toy time, but I was lax tonight and Robin got snippy. It's as much my fault. I'm just frustrated with the puppy's dog-dog manners. :sad2:

--Amalie
amalie79
Loyally Bully

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic