The Forum Rant Thread!!! Come one, come all!

Everything that doesn't fit anywhere else!

Postby Pit♥bull » July 26th, 2011, 9:44 am

plebayo wrote:
Pit♥bull wrote:
TheRedQueen wrote:If I'm out doing something with a friend, I don't step in and tell the what to do with their dog/cat/rabbit/kid/etc unless they ask for help and opinions. So to say that it's mostly Suzanne's fault...uncool, very uncool.

May be 'Uncool' but would you be a party to this animal cruelty....I think not. :nono:

Hey now, people who live in glass houses should not cast stones.

I don't remember living in a glass house :|
But I sure would have handled this in an in a different manner. Knowing in advance there will be an issue and not taking steps to prevent it would live in my conscious forever, matter of fact I would still be in the 'woods' looking.
Pit♥bull
Supremely Bully

Postby madremissy » July 26th, 2011, 11:45 am

Bob, I am having a hard time understanding why you think that it is mostly Suzanne's fault. :confused: She didn't know in advance that this dog was going to act the way he did. The other girl was Suzanne's ride to the place. Was she supposed to tell her no you can't bring your dog?
We can't always take responsibilty for other people's actions in this world. Yes, it sucks, but I think she is doing a great job of trying to find the dog and I doubt the other girl is doing anything.
madremissy
I have a basketball and I'm not afraid to use it.

Postby Pit♥bull » July 26th, 2011, 12:13 pm

plebayo wrote:
She has only had the dog for 6 weeks and the dog is super soft. Like, "submissively pee if you put a collar on her" soft. She tried to put the dog back on craigslist but was flagged because she tried to sell the dog for $75 [I believe what she paid for the dog, but really?!.] My friend isn't really dog savvy and in the 6 weeks she has had the dog their relationship isn't that great/the dog hasn't really learned much in 6 weeks.
Seems to me there was prior knowledge of an impending issue prior to departure.
I salute Suzanne for her efforts in locating the dog, but think 'an ounce of prevention is better than a pound of cure'.
Pit♥bull
Supremely Bully

Postby TheRedQueen » July 26th, 2011, 12:25 pm

Pit♥bull wrote:
plebayo wrote:
She has only had the dog for 6 weeks and the dog is super soft. Like, "submissively pee if you put a collar on her" soft. She tried to put the dog back on craigslist but was flagged because she tried to sell the dog for $75 [I believe what she paid for the dog, but really?!.] My friend isn't really dog savvy and in the 6 weeks she has had the dog their relationship isn't that great/the dog hasn't really learned much in 6 weeks.
Seems to me there was prior knowledge of an impending issue prior to departure.
I salute Suzanne for her efforts in locating the dog, but think 'an ounce of prevention is better than a pound of cure'.

So because she knew the dog and owner had issues...she should have done what exactly? She didn't come out and say that the dog wouldn't come when called. And what if she'd said something to her friend and the friend ignored her? How in the world can you blame her for a friend's idiotic actions? I say again...uncool, and extremely insensitive and rude.

As I said, I regularly hike with people on an off-leash dog hike..everyone knows the risks of taking their dogs off-leash during the hike. I keep an eye on my dogs, and keep the group together...but I'm not responsible for their dogs. Would you blame me if one of their dogs ran off during our hike?
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby TheRedQueen » July 26th, 2011, 12:27 pm

Pit♥bull wrote:But I sure would have handled this in an in a different manner. Knowing in advance there will be an issue and not taking steps to prevent it would live in my conscious forever, matter of fact I would still be in the 'woods' looking.

So please inform us...what would you have done instead?

How would you have KNOWN that there would be an issue...?
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen

Postby Pit♥bull » July 26th, 2011, 12:57 pm

That's easy, I wouldn't have gone knowing full well there could be issues. :)

How would I know... Read the first post. :rolleyes2:
Pit♥bull
Supremely Bully

Postby TheRedQueen » July 26th, 2011, 1:02 pm

Pit♥bull wrote:That's easy, I wouldn't have gone knowing full well there could be issues. :)

How would I know... Read the first post. :rolleyes2:

Because the dog was soft and a new dog, you'd have known that the dog would run off? I've taken plenty of new soft dogs out for walks and haven't lost them...so this in and of itself wouldn't have raised red flags...but I'm obviously not as dog savvy as you, Bob.

I wish we all had your ability to forecast the future...it'd come in handy so often!

TheRedQueen

Postby Pit♥bull » July 26th, 2011, 1:08 pm

It's fairly easy, just takes a little common sense.
Pit♥bull
Supremely Bully

Postby TheRedQueen » July 26th, 2011, 1:54 pm

Pit♥bull wrote:It's fairly easy, just takes a little common sense.

Ah...I forgot that I lost all common sense a while back, and apparently we all did but for you...good thing you're around to remind us.

TheRedQueen

Postby Pit♥bull » July 26th, 2011, 1:59 pm

TheRedQueen wrote:
Pit♥bull wrote:It's fairly easy, just takes a little common sense.

Ah...I forgot that I lost all common sense a while back, and apparently we all did but for you...good thing you're around to remind us.
Thanks, I knew I was good for something :mrgreen:
Pit♥bull
Supremely Bully

Postby plebayo » July 26th, 2011, 3:51 pm

First off I did not know the dog was going to do THAT poorly on the trail ride. I had my reservations because my friend is not super dog savvy, but she is also a 40y/o+ woman so it was not my place to tell her what she can and cannot do with her dog.

We actually took the dog with us after my friend had had her for only a week on our beach ride. My friend initially was only going to leave her in the truck when we went to the beach but one thing lead to another and we took the dog with us on the trails and out onto the beach. The dog was fine the entire ride other than jumping on the horses/yipping a little bit. At that point the dog had not been submissively peeing, she was soft but not nearly as soft as she was yesterday. My friend lives 2hrs away from me, I haven't seen the dog since that day and had no idea she was going to be that weird. My friend yelled at her horse plenty of times at the beach and the dog did not miss a beat following us.

Everything I stated in the post about them not having a great relationship in 6 weeks was all learned DURING/AFTER our ride - I only put it in there to explain how much of a cluster the whole situation was.

It's really great that you would do things differently. I think we all would change certain things that have happened in the past if we could.

Whether or not I lack common sense I must be doing something right. My dogs are well behaved, they don't try to bite me, and I can take them horseback riding with no worries. :|
----

In other news I have not gotten any response from craigslist and have not heard anything from the ranger that I called. I'm going to call the park itself and see if anyone has heard anything.
Suzanne
Seth, CGC & LiLo
♥♥Sofie - Always in my heart. ♥♥
plebayo
Mrs. Dr. Kildare

Postby plebayo » July 26th, 2011, 3:58 pm

I got a hold of another park ranger. He took a description of the dog and took my number but said they have not had any reports of a loose dog.
Suzanne
Seth, CGC & LiLo
♥♥Sofie - Always in my heart. ♥♥
plebayo
Mrs. Dr. Kildare

Postby Pit♥bull » July 26th, 2011, 4:11 pm

Suzanne,
I applaud you on your last three posts. :)
Wishing you good luck on the search.
Pit♥bull
Supremely Bully

Postby amalie79 » August 2nd, 2011, 9:37 pm

Sigh. It's been over 100º for 30 days now. THIRTY DAYS. It was 113º today, and it'll be hotter tomorrow.

It's dark outside and still 105º.

NOW is when the A/C decides it can't quite keep up.

Sick of this.
"In these bodies, we will live; in these bodies we will die.
Where you invest your love, you invest your life." --Marcus Mumford

--Amalie
amalie79
Loyally Bully

Postby mnp13 » August 2nd, 2011, 11:45 pm

Good God, where do you live? The sun?
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby amalie79 » August 3rd, 2011, 1:18 am

mnp13 wrote:Good God, where do you live? The sun?

Close. Arkansas. :neutral:

It's after midnight now, still about 95 outside and 80 in my house. I am sick of this.
"In these bodies, we will live; in these bodies we will die.
Where you invest your love, you invest your life." --Marcus Mumford

--Amalie
amalie79
Loyally Bully

Postby hugapitbull » August 3rd, 2011, 6:05 am

It isn't quite that hot here, but it was 107 when we got in the car to go to dinner at 6PM yesterday. I think the whole country is going to melt.
Shanna & Spirit Trouble
We beat osteosarcoma - 27 months 20 days cancer free
'Spirit' Trouble departed for the Bridge 3/16/2011 a victim of aging
Visit - http://k9cancer.org

Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain--and most fools do. ~Dale Carnegie
hugapitbull
The Better Half

Postby madremissy » August 3rd, 2011, 9:26 am

They have forcasted today to be the hottest so far. I don't know how much more people can take. The humidity along with the heat is horrible. Supposed to have some dryer air soon. I am so ready for some COOLER air. This sucks!
madremissy
I have a basketball and I'm not afraid to use it.

Postby mnp13 » August 3rd, 2011, 9:41 am

It drives me NUTS when I send an email to one person at work, and the response comes back with CC's to supervisors. If I wanted to make a federal case out of a simple question, I would have included them in the FIRST PLACE.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby hugapitbull » August 3rd, 2011, 6:52 pm

mnp13 wrote:It drives me NUTS when I send an email to one person at work, and the response comes back with CC's to supervisors. If I wanted to make a federal case out of a simple question, I would have included them in the FIRST PLACE.

I hear ya, sister! That is about the most irritating thing in the world. :mad2:
Shanna & Spirit Trouble
We beat osteosarcoma - 27 months 20 days cancer free
'Spirit' Trouble departed for the Bridge 3/16/2011 a victim of aging
Visit - http://k9cancer.org

Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain--and most fools do. ~Dale Carnegie
hugapitbull
The Better Half

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic