The Forum Rant Thread!!! Come one, come all!

Everything that doesn't fit anywhere else!

Postby mnp13 » November 6th, 2011, 10:11 pm

After spending 20 minutes (yes, literally) using the shop vac to eliminate every spider web that I could reach, I finally (after four and a half years) got a good look at the insulation in our attic. What insulation in our attic you say? Exactly. What insulation????

*sigh*

Just what I wanted to have to spend an entire day researching... how I'm going to spend hundreds of dollars and an entire weekend crawling around in fiberglass batting. Oh... joy.

On the bright side, we could literally make that money back in savings over the next five months, since we spend about $400 a month in gas - most of which is evidently going right out the roof.

And I did get to see the truly amazing construction of our house - the planks that support the roof are 18 inches wide, and the beams are all hand notched. It also appears that when they ripped off the coupla they used the original roof to cap the hole, so when I put it back on, maybe I'll be able to use the original roof again!
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby TheRedQueen » November 7th, 2011, 10:12 pm

After a year and a half of taking 13 year old Emma around to flyball tournaments, dog shows, events, having her at my house playing with my dogs and learning training...she ignores me for the past month, and now unfriends me on FB after I questioned her ignoring me all month (and then suddenly popping up to ask me to watch her dog at T-giving). I've always treated Emma like an adult, and have always been honest with her...so I told her that I felt *used* and *ignored*...she ignored me more. Then I said that I had thought better of her...and tonight:

I get a message from a former flyall team member (I so need to find a sport without humans in it)...telling me to "stop messing with Emma".

This is the same team member that Emma said..."I'm glad they're leaving the team".

:| I'm so confused...
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby mnp13 » November 7th, 2011, 10:58 pm

Stop "messing" with Emma? Which one is 13 again? There is nothing wrong with teaching children to respect adults, sometimes they need guidance as to how they should act, I don't see anything wrong with you talkin to her about it. And let the big mouth watch Emma's dog for her.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby LMM » November 7th, 2011, 11:28 pm

smurf her and Emma....oh wait, that's not nice. Sowwy.
LMM
I'll Kick Your Ass

Postby TheRedQueen » November 7th, 2011, 11:32 pm

Thanks Ladies...I needed the laugh! lol
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen

Postby TinaMartin » November 9th, 2011, 10:46 am

No Gator I do not find it amusing when you decide to hack up your morning meds not once or twice but 3 times. Also attempting to refuse to retake them will not be considered an option. Please refrain from this course of action in the future. Thanks so much! Mom
Not only am I a member of the Michelle says my dog is fat club I'm the president!
I can Alpha Roll hair!
TinaMartin
The Hair Whisperer

Postby Jenn » November 9th, 2011, 2:43 pm

mnp13 wrote:After spending 20 minutes (yes, literally) using the shop vac to eliminate every spider web that I could reach, I finally (after four and a half years) got a good look at the insulation in our attic. What insulation in our attic you say? Exactly. What insulation????

*sigh*

Just what I wanted to have to spend an entire day researching... how I'm going to spend hundreds of dollars and an entire weekend crawling around in fiberglass batting. Oh... joy.

On the bright side, we could literally make that money back in savings over the next five months, since we spend about $400 a month in gas - most of which is evidently going right out the roof.

And I did get to see the truly amazing construction of our house - the planks that support the roof are 18 inches wide, and the beams are all hand notched. It also appears that when they ripped off the coupla they used the original roof to cap the hole, so when I put it back on, maybe I'll be able to use the original roof again!

Had the exact same thing happen to me, I didn't know I had nothing but dirt until the Heater was having issues. I don't know the difference in laws and all that, but I went with the spray in stuff, and aside from having to clean up a little mess ~ it was awesome. Not that expensive, they blew it in with a machine, and were in/out within an hour. Really looking forward to seeing how much the heating bill goes down during winter months.
I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure....
Jenn
undecided

Postby Jenn » November 9th, 2011, 2:51 pm

Today sucks... The morning started off with lots of :cuss: :mad2: :cuss: between 4 of us saying the exact same damn thing just different ways. :rolleyes2:
So I got a late start on getting my daily work done, my head is killing me, and I'm still annoyed from this morning. I'm about to go grab something to eat, turn off my light, shut my office door, and pretend like I'm not here.
I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure....
Jenn
undecided

Postby LMM » November 9th, 2011, 4:40 pm

We pulled two bonded brothers out of RAS last week. One has three legs and the other is his support system and protector, very cute. Apparently right before we picked them up there was someone that came from a ways away to see them. She was practically crying begging the shelter to just let her adopt the two after they told her they were going to rescue. They left with us and she later contacted us. She literally harassed the crap out of me trying to get me to circumvent our procedures and just let her pick them up. I then find out she happens to know one of our old fosters who moved out of state, great foster. Still doesn't mean we skip our processes. I politely tell her we cannot do that but we'd be quick in setting up their home visit and vet check. We do her home visit and vet check, all is well, do a meet and greet with her daughters and they are approved.

Fast forward to this morning, she changed her mind and doesn't think they are financially ready to take the two dogs on. Well good thing the shelter didn't let you just take them then huh? I mean, I appreciate that they gave this a lot of thought and not being ready but holy hell, she literally sent me novels in email trying to get us to just give the dogs to her and now this? Yeesh.
LMM
I'll Kick Your Ass

Postby Tubular Toby » November 9th, 2011, 6:00 pm

Just about sanded, filed and chopping my fingers to nubs in my jewelry & metals class working on a ring. I haven't been that irritated in a class in a very long time. So much soldering! And resoldering! And filing and sanding. Thank God it's over now!

On the bright side, I have a silver "ring" (I use that term loosely... it's huge and not really one I would ever wear... haha) that has copper Toby silhouettes soldered into the side and a copper bone on the top with "TOBY" stamped into it. It's a nice keep sake regardless of wear-ability. =)
-Kristen
Owned by Totally Tubular Toby

Buy the ticket, take the ride

http://tubular-toby.blogspot.com/
Tubular Toby
Confident Young Bully

Postby copperlegend » November 9th, 2011, 9:08 pm

LMM wrote:We pulled two bonded brothers out of RAS last week. One has three legs and the other is his support system and protector, very cute. Apparently right before we picked them up there was someone that came from a ways away to see them. She was practically crying begging the shelter to just let her adopt the two after they told her they were going to rescue. They left with us and she later contacted us. She literally harassed the crap out of me trying to get me to circumvent our procedures and just let her pick them up. I then find out she happens to know one of our old fosters who moved out of state, great foster. Still doesn't mean we skip our processes. I politely tell her we cannot do that but we'd be quick in setting up their home visit and vet check. We do her home visit and vet check, all is well, do a meet and greet with her daughters and they are approved.

Fast forward to this morning, she changed her mind and doesn't think they are financially ready to take the two dogs on. Well good thing the shelter didn't let you just take them then huh? I mean, I appreciate that they gave this a lot of thought and not being ready but holy hell, she literally sent me novels in email trying to get us to just give the dogs to her and now this? Yeesh.

Oh no :(
Joanna
Proud 'failed foster'
Nadia -APBT mix
CarreraKitty - feline extraordinaire
copperlegend
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby pitbullmamaliz » November 23rd, 2011, 12:14 pm

I just got really icky-feeling at work - nauseous and cold and just UGH. I have the sick time that I could go home, but I've been off at least one day every week for the past few weeks, and I have tomorrow and Friday off. It would look totally suspicious and I feel bad for taking so much time off. God, 4 more hours 'til I can leave. I'm just whining. :(
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby TheRedQueen » November 28th, 2011, 11:11 pm

Squash (lab/shep/?) foster dog just grabbed my rabbit by his head...I had to pry him off. Luckily no damage he got fur only.

My fault entirely...as I wasn't watching either one...Pippin hopped forward to say hi, and Squash struck.

Still shaking

TheRedQueen

Postby mnp13 » November 29th, 2011, 12:24 am

ugh... sorry to hear that. glad he didn't redirect on you either. maybe keep a collar on him just in case you need it to choke him off?
Michelle

mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby TinaMartin » November 29th, 2011, 10:37 am

I would be shaking too! Glad Pippin is ok!
Not only am I a member of the Michelle says my dog is fat club I'm the president!
I can Alpha Roll hair!
TinaMartin
The Hair Whisperer

Postby TheRedQueen » December 26th, 2011, 11:11 am

Just in a piss-poor mood today...no furnace, bathtub won't drain, 18 dogs at my house...with one more due in today, Flower keeps shitting in her crate, Freckles keeps peeing in my kitchen, Stone and Squash keep jumping my fence, the neighbor's nasty shih tzu has gotten into MY yard twice today...and tried to bite me.

I'm just worn out...happy smurfing holidays.

TheRedQueen

Postby amalie79 » December 26th, 2011, 11:46 am

the neighbor's nasty shih tzu has gotten into MY yard twice today...and tried to bite me.

Sounds like my day-- the dogs that are supposed to be under my care are plenty of trouble on their own, thankyouverymuch. I don't need other people's dogs trying to bite me today.
"In these bodies, we will live; in these bodies we will die.
Where you invest your love, you invest your life." --Marcus Mumford

--Amalie
amalie79
Loyally Bully

Postby mnp13 » December 26th, 2011, 2:43 pm

Bathtub - go to a plumbing store (not HD or Lowes) and get acid cleaner. It's about $25 a gallon, and will clean just about anything. However, if your pipes are in bad shape, you can end up finding out that the clogs are what are keeping them from leaking. However, if you have already tried drano do NOT use anything else except maybe a snake you'll have a serious and very dangerous chemical reaction.

Furnace - what's it doing? Or not doing as the case may be.

Next door neighbor's dog - maybe leave Inara out there for a bit?

Jumping fence - back ties for self corrections are my favorite.

And try to have a good day... or a good bottle of wine. ;)
Michelle

mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby TheRedQueen » December 26th, 2011, 6:38 pm

mnp13 wrote:Bathtub - go to a plumbing store (not HD or Lowes) and get acid cleaner. It's about $25 a gallon, and will clean just about anything. However, if your pipes are in bad shape, you can end up finding out that the clogs are what are keeping them from leaking. However, if you have already tried drano do NOT use anything else except maybe a snake you'll have a serious and very dangerous chemical reaction.

Furnace - what's it doing? Or not doing as the case may be.

Next door neighbor's dog - maybe leave Inara out there for a bit?

Jumping fence - back ties for self corrections are my favorite.

And try to have a good day... or a good bottle of wine. ;)

The bathtub...it's been snaked and fixed repeatedly...pipes are old and awful.

No idea on the furnace...no heat, but blower is going. Service guy is coming tomorrow...(didn't want to pay for holiday hours)

Inara likes dogs...so I left Flower out...but she just played with him too. lol. Neighbor fixed his side of the fence...one problem solved.

Jumping fence...Stone has broken 3 collars and 2 cable tie-outs...which is why they can't be tied right now. Just bought a new tie out today. :)

The evening is looking up...there is liquor and a big screen involved. 8)

TheRedQueen

Postby FAB dogs » December 29th, 2011, 8:35 am

Got home from a job interview yesterday to find the gas company had turned me off for lack of payment. My fault completely. But why did it take 2 1/2 hours and EIGHT phone calls to the gas company to get put back on the list for reconnection. I was disconnected twice and transferred to a full mailbox four times. You'd think if they wanted my money they'd make more effort to take my call. If they're going to disconnect service to 100 people, wouldn't it make sense to have a phone system that can take 100 calls? >(

By the time I got through to them it was too late to get reconnected the same day. It's 7:30 in the morning and 52 degrees in my house. Now is when I really miss my furry huskies. Although they probably wouldn't snuggle with me as much as the terriers when it's this cold in the house. For the huskies, 52 would still be too warm! Hopefully it will be warmer this time tomorrow.
Tina
Avery - Southpawz Elf Queen, CGC- Siberian Psycho Terrier
Brogan - Southpawz Mystery Man, CGC - Ephelis Spaniel
Fenway - Southpawz 4 Yawkey Way -Bull Collie
And the crazy cats
FAB dogs
Just Whelped

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic