The Forum Rant Thread!!! Come one, come all!

Everything that doesn't fit anywhere else!

Postby airwalk » June 30th, 2008, 10:50 pm

Someone remind me..when I got this job I raised my hand and said "pick me, pick me" now why the hell did I do that again?

I go on vacation maybe once a year where I'm actually out of contact - any other time I make sure they can reach me and I can get in...so my one time out of reach for no more than 2 working days and they (meaning upper levels) manage to muck it up again. Every dang time I'm out of reach they manage to create a crisis, make a muck of it and then ruin my last day of vacation while I'm trying to get a handle on what they did, who they said what to, what the hell they were thinking when they opened their mouths and why didn't they leave it to my staff who are more capable of handling the situation.

Now I get to go in tomorrow and try very hard to straighten out their latest mess!!! Can I fire them, do you think?
airwalk
I live here

Postby gayrghts » June 30th, 2008, 11:03 pm

I always feel like when i take time off... its not really worth it, because i always return to a bigger mess....

they keep trying to tell me it is worth it, and impt to take time off and take vacation etc... but i'm not convinced....

hmm fireing the upper levels? nah probably not....

but, depending on how you put it, you might be able to make a few choice comments and have them realize the errors of their ways....

good luck... and bring plenty of motrin to work with you :)
Heather

A dog teaches a (kid) boy fidelity, perseverance, and to turn around three times before lying down.
- Robert Benchley
gayrghts
I live here

Postby airwalk » July 1st, 2008, 12:21 am

realize the error of their ways..not a chance with these lunkheads!

Motrin and rolaids the breakfast, lunch & dinner of champions.
airwalk
I live here

Postby BullyLady » July 1st, 2008, 12:24 am

airwalk wrote:realize the error of their ways..not a chance with these lunkheads!

Motrin and rolaids the breakfast, lunch & dinner of champions.

When I was young I used to say "Folgers and Camels, breakfast of champions." These days your version sounds just about right..... :giggle:
"I'm not all bad but I'm a faithful sinner."
~Dave Matthews
Cathleen
Shelby - AB Mix 1 yr - CGC
BullyLady
Proud Uber Nerd

Postby airwalk » July 1st, 2008, 12:28 am

Sometimes getting older and more responsible sucks big eggs!
airwalk
I live here

Postby amazincc » July 1st, 2008, 12:49 am

airwalk wrote:Sometimes getting older and more responsible sucks big eggs!

Gawd, I SO agree! :rolleyes2: >(
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby TinaMartin » July 1st, 2008, 8:01 am

Dont ya know as a general rule the higher in management you go the less brains for practical matters. I think it has something to do with lack of oxygen.
Not only am I a member of the Michelle says my dog is fat club I'm the president!
I can Alpha Roll hair!
TinaMartin
The Hair Whisperer

Postby airwalk » July 1st, 2008, 10:05 am

Tina Martin wrote:Dont ya know as a general rule the higher in management you go the less brains for practical matters. I think it has something to do with lack of oxygen.

LMAO LMAO LMAO

Okay reminder to self..always keep office on first floor. The rarified air on the fourth floor causes brain loss.
airwalk
I live here

Postby TinaMartin » July 1st, 2008, 2:57 pm

Its true. I see it all the time.
Not only am I a member of the Michelle says my dog is fat club I'm the president!
I can Alpha Roll hair!
TinaMartin
The Hair Whisperer

Postby LaylaWoobie » July 1st, 2008, 2:59 pm

Its a good thing my office is only on the second floor.
LaylaWoobie
Full of Bully

Postby TinaMartin » July 1st, 2008, 3:21 pm

Thats cause your smart Kendell.
I can Alpha Roll hair!
TinaMartin
The Hair Whisperer

Postby airwalk » July 1st, 2008, 4:27 pm

LaylaWoobie wrote:Its a good thing my office is only on the second floor.

Ah but careful, no more ladder climbing for you...that is unless you want to get magically stupid in the stairwell.

I get to go at 2:30 and try to "help" the rarified air figure out how to get out of their mucky mess! I've spent the entire morning putting together information to prove that we know how to do our jobs...I love having to convince them over and over and over and over again.

I may never take another vacation.
airwalk
I live here

Postby adoptanapbt » July 2nd, 2008, 2:07 am

Things I have forgotten from not wearing short (knee length) skirts in forever: how to get in/out of the car without flashing the universe and/or ending up with the skirt wadded up to my hip on one side, sitting in a chair (actually, I use a kneeling stool, look it up :neener: ) without flashing the universe/getting the skirt wadded up around my bum, and bending at the knees instead of at the waist to pick up items off the floor. :doh:

I'm on data entry again...and again... Do this many people REALLY leave their purses/wallets in their cars?! :rolleyes2:
Desdemona, CGC (FS APBT 5/05)
Aggie (aka Demonspawn), PITA (MN flame point Siamese/DSH 12/06)
Beanie, PITA in training (MN flame point Siamese/DSH 7/07)

http://www.merideprettyoneday.blogspot.com
adoptanapbt
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby adoptanapbt » July 2nd, 2008, 2:09 am

Also, will someone PLEASE make my crush on one of the deputies go away?! I'm not getting anything but friendly banter back from him, so I need to squash my hopes ASAP!!!! :D
Desdemona, CGC (FS APBT 5/05)
Aggie (aka Demonspawn), PITA (MN flame point Siamese/DSH 12/06)
Beanie, PITA in training (MN flame point Siamese/DSH 7/07)

http://www.merideprettyoneday.blogspot.com
adoptanapbt
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby Marinepits » July 2nd, 2008, 6:28 am

:giggle:

Yeah, I wear skirts all spring and summer long and it's definitely an adjustment to the way you have to do things. Try climbing into a Jeep without flashing the world, LOL!
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby airwalk » July 2nd, 2008, 9:10 am

Oh what the heck...flash 'em...the guys wait all year for early Summer so they can get a peek while we adjust. :D
airwalk
I live here

Postby LaylaWoobie » July 2nd, 2008, 9:28 am

Marinepits wrote::giggle:

Yeah, I wear skirts all spring and summer long and it's definitely an adjustment to the way you have to do things. Try climbing into a Jeep without flashing the world, LOL!

oh please, I don't wear underwear and I drive a jeep. My neighbors LOVE me.
LaylaWoobie
Full of Bully

Postby Magnolia618 » July 2nd, 2008, 9:44 am

airwalk wrote:Oh what the heck...flash 'em...the guys wait all year for early Summer so they can get a peek while we adjust. :D

What she said. I've been wearing skirts for the first time and I've flashed all kinds of people.

Hell... I garden in a skirt! :giggle:
“Hatred is the coward's revenge for being intimidated.â€
Magnolia618
I live here

Postby TinaMartin » July 2nd, 2008, 10:30 am

Magnolia618 wrote:
airwalk wrote:Oh what the heck...flash 'em...the guys wait all year for early Summer so they can get a peek while we adjust. :D

What she said. I've been wearing skirts for the first time and I've flashed all kinds of people.

Hell... I garden in a skirt! :giggle:

How many friendly helpers have you gotten to help you garden?
I can Alpha Roll hair!
TinaMartin
The Hair Whisperer

Postby demolitionic » July 2nd, 2008, 12:20 pm

LaylaWoobie wrote:
Marinepits wrote::giggle:

oh please, I don't wear underwear and I drive a jeep. My neighbors LOVE me.

Hussy.
Time to nut up or shut up.
demolitionic
Devoutly Bully

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic