The Forum Rant Thread!!! Come one, come all!

Everything that doesn't fit anywhere else!

Postby SLS61185 » March 21st, 2011, 8:23 pm

mnp13 wrote:I'd post it on the comments on their website. I bet you get a few free coupons.

I ended up doing that. Not sure if I'll ever get anything out of it, but it's worth a try.
Stac

Today is the tomorrow that we worried about yesterday - Unknown
SLS61185
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby amalie79 » March 22nd, 2011, 2:21 pm

Come ON! We just can't catch a break these days.

Got a call from the gas company. There are roots in the gas lines on their side of the meter AND on ours. WE have to pay for moving the lines on our side.

I also need to get the timing belt replaced on my car.

C'mon Karma. I've been really nice, lately. I haven't yelled at anyone and I gave up punching people in the face for lent. Throw me a bone, won'tcha?

Suck.
"In these bodies, we will live; in these bodies we will die.
Where you invest your love, you invest your life." --Marcus Mumford

--Amalie
amalie79
Loyally Bully

Postby plebayo » March 29th, 2011, 9:51 am

Yuck.

So I bought some veggie patty things and some flat bread and made a wrap with the two and added some cream cheese. I'm just not really a fan... kind of bummed although I only have to get through 3 more patties but was hoping it would taste so much better.
Suzanne
Seth, CGC & LiLo
♥♥Sofie - Always in my heart. ♥♥
plebayo
Mrs. Dr. Kildare

Postby TheRedQueen » March 29th, 2011, 9:59 am

horrible back pain/spasms this morning...bent over to pick up something and almost cried. Not sure what this is...I rarely have back problems. Hoping pain meds kick in soon.
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby mnp13 » March 29th, 2011, 10:41 am

going into my 6th hour of filtering out junk data from a database... I started out with 11,476 lines, and I'm down to 9210 and I'm only about half way through!!! ARGH!!! SUCH a waste of time.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby TinaMartin » March 29th, 2011, 11:50 am

mnp13 wrote:going into my 6th hour of filtering out junk data from a database... I started out with 11,476 lines, and I'm down to 9210 and I'm only about half way through!!! ARGH!!! SUCH a waste of time.

How awful! I cant stand data entry to begin with! That would kill me.
Not only am I a member of the Michelle says my dog is fat club I'm the president!
I can Alpha Roll hair!
TinaMartin
The Hair Whisperer

Postby amalie79 » March 29th, 2011, 1:16 pm

I would very, very, VERY much like to strangle Citibank customer service. I've had a card with them for 11 years or so, damn near perfect history with them, always carry a modest balance, so they make a mint off of me.

They changed my card to one with FEWER benefits because they discontinued the card I used to have. I called to find out what's going on and to make sure it's not like some of the cards in the same line that have no spending limit. I get hung up on (accidentally, I think, but still annoying). So I email them, which has generally been a good way to get help, and they cut and paste the promotional material for that card's point system. NOTHING about spending limits. So I write back that the response had nothing to do with my initial question, and that I've been pretty disappointed in Citi customer service over the last couple of years.

Their reply? We've forwarded your response to the appropriate department for investigation.

Seriously? Investigation of me? of my problem? of my card? WTF?

Also, and unrelated... To several houses in my neighborhood (yeah-- this is multiple houses with multiple spaniels): Please stop leaving your effing spaniels out in your front yards unattended, unleashed, untethered, unfenced. You think they're sweet, and well-behaved because they don't run off, but all they do is yap at my dog and get her riled up at best, go after her trying to start a fight at worst. If I left Robin out like that, even if she was a perfect f*cking angel, you KNOW there would be hell to pay. /rant

--Amalie
amalie79
Loyally Bully

Postby amalie79 » March 29th, 2011, 3:36 pm

Also bummed when people promise something and don't follow through. More sad than angry on that one. :(

I'm just on a roll today.

--Amalie
amalie79
Loyally Bully

Postby TheRedQueen » March 31st, 2011, 7:53 am

I'm tired of people acting badly...especially on social networks like Facebook...and other people backing them up. It's bad enough that they are doing awful crap...but everyone bows and scrapes at their feet..."oh yes, you're sooooo right!" Makes me wonder if I've done that, not having all sides to the story...
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby plebayo » April 3rd, 2011, 12:28 am

UGH I'm so frustrated I want to cry!

I had to be up today at 6:30am to get ready for my citizen's academy class which was around 7:45a. Tonight I fell asleep around 8pm and wake up around 9:15 to my stupid roommate's with a few friends over watching a movie with the tv SUPER loud. My door was closed, they knew I could be asleep, and even if I wasn't the sound was SO loud! They normally don't play it that loud when I am there either... but they have people over.

It's bad enough I come home today, and like every time I want to wash my clothes they left things in the washer and dryer. Then they freaking wake me up. They got to sleep in all day. I'm so tired, we had 6 hours of basically "class" to sit through today on use of force and it was pretty mind opening/tiring. I am so tired. I never keep them awake, my dogs don't keep them awake, the gf doesn't have a job and can sleep all day and the bf doesn't have to be at work until 9.

I am so tired of them being inconsiderate of my life, I freaking pay to live there and I have to leave if I want to be able to sleep. I am just so tired.
Suzanne
Seth, CGC & LiLo
plebayo
Mrs. Dr. Kildare

Postby iluvk9 » April 3rd, 2011, 7:04 am

:hug3:
plebayo wrote:I am so tired of them being inconsiderate of my life, I freaking pay to live there and I have to leave if I want to be able to sleep. I am just so tired.

Any chance of looking for new roommates in the near future?
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby plebayo » April 3rd, 2011, 1:55 pm

iluvk9 wrote::hug3:
plebayo wrote:I am so tired of them being inconsiderate of my life, I freaking pay to live there and I have to leave if I want to be able to sleep. I am just so tired.

Any chance of looking for new roommates in the near future?

I've been looking online a lot and haven't found much hope for people that will allow dogs... I've been considering just putting my own ad up but don't want my roommates to get offended.

It's just getting really old, it's bad enough I have to listen to their kid screaming all the time, but then I also get to listen to them be loud. I'm not saying they have to be super quiet, but when I'm up and moving in the morning I don't create a lot of noise and try to be courteous to the fact that they are still in bed.
Suzanne
Seth, CGC & LiLo
plebayo
Mrs. Dr. Kildare

Postby iluvk9 » April 3rd, 2011, 2:48 pm

plebayo wrote: I've been considering just putting my own ad up but don't want my roommates to get offended.

Do you realize you wrote this??? Suzanne, while it is admirable to show kindness to others, do you really think THEY are showing YOU kindness with all their ruckus? I say POST A FREAKING AD and ask them if they know of anyone who is looking for a roommate, because you are having a hard time dealing with their noise. Screw them!
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby plebayo » April 3rd, 2011, 7:37 pm

iluvk9 wrote:
plebayo wrote: I've been considering just putting my own ad up but don't want my roommates to get offended.

Do you realize you wrote this??? Suzanne, while it is admirable to show kindness to others, do you really think THEY are showing YOU kindness with all their ruckus? I say POST A FREAKING AD and ask them if they know of anyone who is looking for a roommate, because you are having a hard time dealing with their noise. Screw them!

I guess my thing is that I don't want to piss them off until I know I can for sure find another place. BUT I see what you're saying. I really don't know what I am going to do. I am just so tired of being tired!

On another note as well my friend and I went to OMSI today and we went for lunch afterward and I must have dropped a shirt that I had on my lap in the parking lot when I got out [I changed from that shirt to a hoody] and someone took it! I only wore it twice! Kind of a lame ending to a great day.
Suzanne
Seth, CGC & LiLo
plebayo
Mrs. Dr. Kildare

Postby mnp13 » April 3rd, 2011, 9:56 pm

iluvk9 wrote:

I have to agree with Joyce - they aren't being considerate of your needs. Tell them you don't think it's working out, and see if they even act like they care. They could be oblivious to what's going on, and if they are, they will work with you. Perhaps make "quiet hours" for the house from 8-8 or something. It won't be a big deal to you, since you are already quiet, but it might get the point across to them. If not, start being REALLY loud when you get up... might get the point across better. :|
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby plebayo » April 4th, 2011, 3:35 am

mnp13 wrote:
iluvk9 wrote:

I have to agree with Joyce - they aren't being considerate of your needs. Tell them you don't think it's working out, and see if they even act like they care. They could be oblivious to what's going on, and if they are, they will work with you. Perhaps make "quiet hours" for the house from 8-8 or something. It won't be a big deal to you, since you are already quiet, but it might get the point across to them. If not, start being REALLY loud when you get up... might get the point across better. :|

Thank you for your input. I will definitely try talking to them. It sucks because even with the bad there are so many good things about living here but if I would have known A.) I would be living with a baby B.) I'd be living with lazy/inconsiderate people it is unlikely I would have moved in. 8mos ago if someone said "Would you live with a baby?" I would have said "Heck no!"

On the plus side to this karma paid back x10. One of the friends who stayed over clogged their toilet and the cleanup was super nasty and they didn't find out about it until this morning.
Suzanne
Seth, CGC & LiLo
plebayo
Mrs. Dr. Kildare

Postby iluvk9 » April 4th, 2011, 5:39 am

Move to the east coast and you can live with me and my pony. But bring your horsey. :)
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby ParisStreetPitCrew » April 9th, 2011, 10:39 pm

I am leaving for a trip tomorrow and have been busy all day getting everything ready.
So, I got out my suitcase and decided I should Febreeze it and set it outside on the front porch to air out.
I just went to grab it so I can pack and as I stepped outside, I said "It smells like cat piss out here" This is not too unusual since there are a few cats in the neighborhood who fight over our porch.
Then I brought my suitcase in and figured out that A CAT PEED ON IT.
I AM SO MAD.
Not only do I now need to go out in the morning to borrow a suitcase, MY HOUSE SMELLS LIKE CAT SPRAY and I can't even open the windows to air it out because it smell terrible outside too.
:mad2:
ParisStreetPitCrew
Devoutly Bully

Postby mnp13 » April 10th, 2011, 1:26 am

My cats like to mark luggage. It is the ONLY time they don't use the litter box - when there is luggage to pee on. Washing it doesn't get the smell out, every time they've done it I have to basically soak it down with vinegar then wash it, and sometimes do a second soak, usually the second I use Simple Solution. Little brats... Sorry about the bad start to your trip!
Michelle

mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby BullyLady » April 10th, 2011, 11:38 am

mnp13 wrote:My cats like to mark luggage. It is the ONLY time they don't use the litter box - when there is luggage to pee on. Washing it doesn't get the smell out, every time they've done it I have to basically soak it down with vinegar then wash it, and sometimes do a second soak, usually the second I use Simple Solution. Little brats... Sorry about the bad start to your trip!

Ah, my boy kitty does this too. And JUST marked a duffel bag I had left out. It's on the back porch waiting for the trash, but what is this that you do? You just pour vinegar on it and let it dry out? And then do it again?
"I'm not all bad but I'm a faithful sinner."
~Dave Matthews
Cathleen
Shelby - AB Mix 1 yr - CGC
BullyLady
Proud Uber Nerd

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic