The Forum Rant Thread!!! Come one, come all!

Everything that doesn't fit anywhere else!

Postby mnp13 » April 10th, 2011, 1:51 pm

Put vinegar in a spray bottle and spray the bag until it is saturated. Let it so overnight. Wash the bag. If the smell still lingers do it again or do the same thing with Simple Solution (i like simple solution better than Nature's Miracle.) that has worked every time, including on a bag that had sat for weeks before we found it.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby plebayo » April 17th, 2011, 3:40 pm

Apparently the whole 'moving out' thing maybe didn't go over so smoothly... I texted my roommate about his truck [he said I could borrow it on easter] and he never texted me back, which is unusual. I might also have to wait to move until June, or at least pay rent for another month which would suck because I really don't want to be here anymore. :|
Suzanne
Seth, CGC & LiLo
♥♥Sofie - Always in my heart. ♥♥
plebayo
Mrs. Dr. Kildare

Postby mnp13 » April 18th, 2011, 2:39 pm

it's snowing.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby Pit♥bull » April 18th, 2011, 3:30 pm

mnp13 wrote:it's snowing.
It's 80 degrees here :P
Pit♥bull
Supremely Bully

Postby Hoyden » April 18th, 2011, 7:29 pm

Leaving for Washington, DC/Virginia on Wednesday evening. I have to leave Birdie home and I am panicking like you can not imagine. I have to ride the train and be without her for 5 days. (Bringing her to my friend's mother's house would be beyond rude, so she's staying home.)

I will probably be fine, but I am so used to depending on her that being without her scares the crap out of me.

On top of that, I'm running around like a chicken with it's head cut off.
Moral courage is the most valuable and usually the most absent characteristic in men ~ General George S. Patton, Jr.

She taking all the stars down from her sky to hang them up someplace new, where there's better weather and the sky's a different blue. ~ Autumn Fields
Hoyden
Collar Queen

Postby pitbullmamaliz » April 19th, 2011, 7:44 am

Heard a new "designer dog" (aka MUTT) breed today and it made me cringe moreso than others do for some reason: Bossi-Poo. Boston Terrier/Poodle. Googled them for pictures and they look like scruffy mutts of unknown heritage that you could find at any shelter. Thank god somebody felt the need to come up with this mix. :rolleyes2:
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby plebayo » April 19th, 2011, 4:00 pm

pitbullmamaliz wrote:Heard a new "designer dog" (aka MUTT) breed today and it made me cringe moreso than others do for some reason: Bossi-Poo. Boston Terrier/Poodle. Googled them for pictures and they look like scruffy mutts of unknown heritage that you could find at any shelter. Thank god somebody felt the need to come up with this mix. :rolleyes2:

There's so many different doodles and poos out there it's ridiculous!
Suzanne
Seth, CGC & LiLo
plebayo
Mrs. Dr. Kildare

Postby TheRedQueen » April 26th, 2011, 5:30 pm

My sister and her kids gave me their cold/flu at Easter...now I'm congested, aching all over, sore throat...and I have 8 dog-walking visits tomorrow...busiest day of the week. I'm soooo not looking forward to tomorrow.
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby SisMorphine » April 27th, 2011, 12:10 pm

I need a new job because I make no money. I can't get a new job because I have no skills. I can't get new skills unless I go back to school. I can't go back to school unless I have money. Ugh.
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Postby pitbullmamaliz » April 27th, 2011, 12:57 pm

SisMorphine wrote:I need a new job because I make no money. I can't get a new job because I have no skills. I can't get new skills unless I go back to school. I can't go back to school unless I have money. Ugh.

OMG I'm in almost the same boat! I need a new job 'cause I'm getting laid off. I can't get a new job because I have no skills. I can't get new skills unless I go back to school. I can't go back to school unless I have money!
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

pitbullmamaliz

Postby SisMorphine » April 27th, 2011, 2:06 pm

I would like to say "glad I'm not the only one" but I wish I WAS the only one so no one else would be in this bullshit position! LOL!
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Postby plebayo » April 29th, 2011, 6:18 am

It cracks me up, instead of my cousin saying "I don't want to have a job!" She posts on facebook that you know, she just doesn't want to work the hours this company is offering her.

She was hired as seasonal help, she had to quit working in... January maybe? Due to "health problems" and I use that loosely. She's 30+yrs old, living off of the state, her parents may lose their house/go bankrupt due to medical expenses [mom hasn't worked for 30yrs, dad was laid off some time ago and has a hard time finding work]. The company has offered her job back but you know, she doesn't want to work nights and weekends. Putting her daughter to bed at night is just "too important."

I couldn't help myself and asked her where she'll be working. I also explained that anywhere she starts new probably won't let her pick her schedule because she will be new. What's more important, keeping the roof over you, your kid's head, and your parents head, or not working? She's lucky they offered her a position! It's just frustrating because the whole family doesn't work, her sister can't go back to work due to 'anxiety/depression/headaches', her sister's husband can't work due to an injury, they have lost their house and now have to rent and are barely making it with their 3 children.

It's just kind of pathetic and sad. I think instead of paying for losers who get knocked up by druggie/white supremacist pieces of crap [the baby's daddy, total winner!] they should be paying me for NOT getting knocked up, and for holding down a job. I mean, shouldn't I get some kind of a reward for paying taxes and doing what I need to do to survive? Seth and LiLo could really use some designer dog stuff. With money from the state I could be buying more collars!

/end whine/rant :neener:
Suzanne
Seth, CGC & LiLo
plebayo
Mrs. Dr. Kildare

Postby pitbullmamaliz » April 29th, 2011, 6:32 am

plebayo wrote:It's just kind of pathetic and sad. I think instead of paying for losers who get knocked up by druggie/white supremacist pieces of crap [the baby's daddy, total winner!] they should be paying me for NOT getting knocked up, and for holding down a job. I mean, shouldn't I get some kind of a reward for paying taxes and doing what I need to do to survive?

Preach it baby! :rock:

pitbullmamaliz

Postby copperlegend » April 29th, 2011, 10:38 am

A little over a year ago, I introduced my best guy friend to my sister. A week later they started dating. Last week, he asked me for proposal ideas, and if $8k is too much for him to spend on a ring. Now he's bitching that she wants an even more expensive ring, but still wants proposal ideas. Mom is now giving me crap for dating someone almost 5 years and not having a ring but 'living in sin' and 'why can't you be more like her?'

Right. Because I have a useful degree, a full time job, pay all of my own bills, etc like a real adult. Why on earth would I want to be THAT, right? Ugh.
Joanna
Proud 'failed foster'
Nadia -APBT mix
CarreraKitty - feline extraordinaire
copperlegend
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby Hoyden » April 29th, 2011, 11:48 am

copperlegend wrote:A little over a year ago, I introduced my best guy friend to my sister. A week later they started dating. Last week, he asked me for proposal ideas, and if $8k is too much for him to spend on a ring. Now he's bitching that she wants an even more expensive ring, but still wants proposal ideas. Mom is now giving me crap for dating someone almost 5 years and not having a ring but 'living in sin' and 'why can't you be more like her?'

Right. Because I have a useful degree, a full time job, pay all of my own bills, etc like a real adult. Why on earth would I want to be THAT, right? Ugh.

Wow! Talk about way way out of line. Your sister and your mother.

Marriage does not make a relationship successful or happy and should not be the golden ring in the carousel of life. A good foundation built on principals important to you both is what makes a relationship happy and strong and THAT should be the end goal.

On a side note, I had the OPPOSITE argument with Mark about engagement rings. I picked an oval diamond set in a simple six prong tiffany setting that was about 1/3 carat. He and his mother picked this 1 carat monstrosity with a complicated knotwork filigree looking band which would have looked horrible with the celtic knot wedding bands we picked out.

I ended up with an oval diamond in a tiffany setting that is over a half carat and bigger than I wanted. My reasoning was simple, I work with my hands a lot and wanted a ring I would be able to wear, not one that would sit in my jewelery box.
Moral courage is the most valuable and usually the most absent characteristic in men ~ General George S. Patton, Jr.

She taking all the stars down from her sky to hang them up someplace new, where there's better weather and the sky's a different blue. ~ Autumn Fields
Hoyden
Collar Queen

Postby plebayo » April 29th, 2011, 1:10 pm

Hoyden wrote:Marriage does not make a relationship successful or happy and should not be the golden ring in the carousel of life. A good foundation built on principals important to you both is what makes a relationship happy and strong and THAT should be the end goal.

Sooo true.
Suzanne
Seth, CGC & LiLo
plebayo
Mrs. Dr. Kildare

Postby mnp13 » April 29th, 2011, 1:30 pm

Eight thousand dollars on a RING? Are they nuts???? That's a down payment on a HOUSE!

And if he's spending that much on the ring, I can't imagine what they will expect your parents to pay for the wedding.

'why can't you be more like her?'

Answer: Why can't you get some manners?
Michelle

mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby copperlegend » April 29th, 2011, 3:55 pm

My mother is a piece of work. I love her, and I know she means well, but the woman needs to learn some tact! She's lucky I didn't end up with an eating disorder or crappy self-esteem.

The good news is it makes me look pretty darn awesome in comparison ;) The ring I like is sparkly and has plenty of 'blingitude' at a much smaller price. Now, someone go hint to my bf, hehe (ahem, Jenn!)

So glad I am not the only one that thinks the relationship is what it's all about, not a big fancy wedding (Oak Hill CC is her plan, I don't even want to know how much THAT costs).

Ok, rant over! I'm going to enjoy my weekend!
Joanna
Proud 'failed foster'
Nadia -APBT mix
CarreraKitty - feline extraordinaire
copperlegend
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby mnp13 » April 29th, 2011, 4:19 pm

Oak Hill? Food will be no less than $50 a plate (bare bones), open bar will be about $30 a person... and it goes up from there... cake is extra and usually starts at $3 a person.

All of the country clubs we looked at had a minimum food and drink amount, plus room rental, plus tax, plus gratuity - so when you add everything up, tack on another 30%
Michelle

mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby TheRedQueen » April 30th, 2011, 9:43 pm

I have bronchitis...had to plop down $60 at the Target clinic to get checked out...then skimped on my prescriptions and only got the two cheap ones...I could *not* afford a $50 prescription also. Damn cat sucked up all of my disposable income for the month. So yes, it's official...I truly care more about my animals than myself. ;) $530 for the cat? *gulp* *swipes card* $50 extra for me? No way.
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic