The Forum Rant Thread!!! Come one, come all!

Everything that doesn't fit anywhere else!

Postby call2arms » March 8th, 2011, 11:47 pm

Potentially house hunting (that's good news). The prices - that's the rant.

It's incredible how much people are asking over the evaluation price. I mean, come on, over 80 000$ more than the evaluation for your sh*t hole? I know you know it's going to be dealt downwards, but you're exagerating. Do I look like a suitcase with a handle on my back?
“Your birth is a mistake you'll spend your whole life trying to correct.” Chuck Palahniuk

I love pus but I hate people.

I can say words like undifferentiated gonads now!
call2arms
Boys Stink

Postby TinaMartin » March 9th, 2011, 1:37 pm

Huge pile of days in Feb. the cafeteria has had fish on the menu. Today is Ash Wed. and do they have a nice selection of fish? NO! Not happy at all! Don't want their nasty tuna fish and 6 scallops and some sprigs of asparagus don't count as lunch. Nor does the price of said item amuse me.
Not only am I a member of the Michelle says my dog is fat club I'm the president!
I can Alpha Roll hair!
TinaMartin
The Hair Whisperer

Postby amalie79 » March 10th, 2011, 11:00 am

ARGH! I think our trainer has decided that there's enough demand to have her basic classes AND a reactive/shy dogs class, and I think she's putting us in that class. But we still don't know when it starts. Three weeks from this week, I think, but still no day/time. I'm thrilled we're starting soon; however, the wait might kill me first. I just want to know when we get to start.
"In these bodies, we will live; in these bodies we will die.
Where you invest your love, you invest your life." --Marcus Mumford

--Amalie
amalie79
Loyally Bully

Postby TheRedQueen » March 10th, 2011, 10:58 pm

Why has this puppy, who has been so good with housetraining since 6 weeks now suddenly having accidents in the house and crate?

Tired of puppy.
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby SLS61185 » March 12th, 2011, 1:58 pm

My teeth hurt, really bad. I hate not being able to just eat 3394759043 times a day now. This sucks. :sad2:
Stac

Today is the tomorrow that we worried about yesterday - Unknown
SLS61185
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby amalie79 » March 14th, 2011, 12:50 pm

I just wish people would read instructions. I sent them for a reason. Not long instructions. Not complicated instructions. Just instructions for filling in 3 boxes. Three. 3. I don't even need to use my fingers to count to 3. Only 3 boxes to fill in, all on the same screen, all right next to each other. It can't be difficult.

--Amalie
amalie79
Loyally Bully

Postby plebayo » March 15th, 2011, 10:06 am

I could not sleep last night because I was stewing over this, I have to vent!

My friend is putting her horse into training. My friend calls me and is like "So I want to run this by you. I'm putting my horse into training and was wondering if I could use Cairo to give these two people lessons. Besides my horse isn't that great for lessons anymore, and I know Cairo is really good. Like my horse has been fine but she's always been weird, she's just not a beginner's horse. I get $25 a lesson so I would give you like $5."

:eek1:

I just said I'm not comfortable with it - which I'm really not because we both ride differently and I don't know these people and a lot can happen when you aren't there. I mean, I might not mind it so much if I was there, and I don't mind if SHE rides my horse, but I don't want people I don't know getting on necessarily. However, mostly the $5 thing floored me. Like, if I was borrowing someone's horse I'm thinking I'd at least split it in half at $12.50, or do $15/$10 because without the horse you can't give the lesson. If she gives 2 lessons a week [which she says it wouldn't be that often] That's $50 a week, $200 a month and I only see $40. That like... barely covers the cost of my grain! Plus it sounds like she wouldn't even use her own horse after she came back from training.

I know her and she's probably like 'OMG Suzanne is being so weird!' But I just don't think it's a.) worth my horse's time and b.) I just don't really trust a lot of people with my horse, it's one thing if she wants to putt around, but another if she wants to put a stranger on my horse.
Suzanne
Seth, CGC & LiLo
♥♥Sofie - Always in my heart. ♥♥
plebayo
Mrs. Dr. Kildare

Postby mnp13 » March 15th, 2011, 11:23 am

I wouldn't do it, I've seen beginner lessons and even the most well meaning and kind person who is new to riding often ends up pulling on their mouth, banging down on their back, etc.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby copperlegend » March 15th, 2011, 11:28 am

No. No no no.

I let a friend, who was a decent rider, ride my horse once. I told her at least 20 times "whatever you do, don't kick him. He WILL take off, and you WILL fall off." Guess what she did? Guess what happened?

We let a girl half-lease him for several months while I was at college. I got two phone calls from separate friends at the barn, concerned about how she was riding him. I showed up unexpectedly to catch her being entirely too rough on his mouth, and jumping him unsupervised.

And these were not strangers. These were people we knew, who knew how to ride. There is absolutely nothing wrong with you being uncomfortable with it.
Joanna
Proud 'failed foster'
Nadia -APBT mix
CarreraKitty - feline extraordinaire
copperlegend
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby LMM » March 15th, 2011, 3:45 pm

I wish there was a spray for crazy, you know like there's a spray for bugs? Crazy be Gone or something like that.
LMM
I'll Kick Your Ass

Postby plebayo » March 15th, 2011, 3:52 pm

mnp13 wrote:I wouldn't do it, I've seen beginner lessons and even the most well meaning and kind person who is new to riding often ends up pulling on their mouth, banging down on their back, etc.

The thing is I have given some lessons on my horse and I have let inexperienced people ride her, but not consistently, and she only had to put up with it briefly... She's been a lesson horse before and that it the thing - even the most well intentioned rider can be a pain [heck, she has to put up with me!] I kind of feel like at this point in her life she shouldn't have to deal with stuff like that. And that is something my friend said too, that my horse could 'handle it better' than her horse.

copperlegend wrote:
I let a friend, who was a decent rider, ride my horse once. I told her at least 20 times "whatever you do, don't kick him. He WILL take off, and you WILL fall off." Guess what she did? Guess what happened?

We let a girl half-lease him for several months while I was at college. I got two phone calls from separate friends at the barn, concerned about how she was riding him. I showed up unexpectedly to catch her being entirely too rough on his mouth, and jumping him unsupervised.

And these were not strangers. These were people we knew, who knew how to ride. There is absolutely nothing wrong with you being uncomfortable with it.

This is also what I'm afraid of... the thing is too my friend rides mostly western pleasure and has just started doing reining so the riding is different. My horse is trained in english/english pelasure and I don't want my friend making her "students" lunge her for 30mins before getting on [WP people lunge forever!] she's going to be 19 this year so she doesn't need to run in circles for a half hour, I also would want her to teach her students how to get her on the bit properly which is different than WP.

Thanks for the input, I'm glad to hear I'm being reasonable and not just being a jerk. I just think it screams bad idea... especially if one of the riders gets hurt, or my horse goes lame after being ridden by one of them.
Suzanne
Seth, CGC & LiLo
plebayo
Mrs. Dr. Kildare

Postby amalie79 » March 15th, 2011, 3:57 pm

She's your horse. Period. Regardless of your reasons, you're not being a jerk.

--Amalie
amalie79
Loyally Bully

Postby SLS61185 » March 15th, 2011, 5:16 pm

Stupid b*tch at Subway this afternoon. I was already in a pissy mood and she just made it even worse. I had to go back to the dentist this morning to have a button put back on my tooth (I got invisalign) and my appt. was at 10:10... They didn't take me back until 10:30. Kinda irritated but I dealt with it becaused normally they take me in before my appts.... Anyways, went to Subway afterwards.

I walked in and the lady (She was cleaning a vent) looked at me, said hi, I said hi back and went to the counter, thinking someone was gonna come from the back. She didn't say a word to me afterwards. So I waited, getting irritated, but waited.... was about to just leave when shewalks to the back muttering something under her breath. I didn't say anything. Still waiting, she comes back out and continues with the damn vent. Guy walks in, talks to her, gets a refill, she goes to the back again... and he made some comment to me about lighting a fire under her ass. I said I was about to get pissy and say something, but I stayed quiet.

She comes back out again and FINALLY goes behind the counter. SLOWLY grabs her gloves and says "what do you want?"..... REALLY? WHAT THE F*CK DO I WANT?! By then I'm fuming, but I told her what freaking sammiches I wanted. Fine. No problem. (Now keep in mind I still have a hard time talking with these things in my mouth) she asked if I wanted either of them toasted, I said yes, one... she then starts calling me dear and honey (I HATE when people do it knowing I'm mad).... so as she's putting the roastbeef on mine, she shreads the crap and gave me the nasty stuff. Then I told her the rest of the stuff and stressed that I wanted EXTRA EXTRA LIGHT, AS LIGHT AS POSSIBLE V&O. What does she do? Puts half of the damn bottle on it!

That was it. I was done. I told her she could keep the subs and I walked off. I got to the door, turned around and she's standing there staring at me. I told her that she couldn't be bothered to ask me to wait two minutes while she finished cleaning (if she would've, I was OKAY with it... but just ASK me! don't just ignore me)... then she gave me the nasty RB and then loaded my sub with V&O when I asked her NOT to. Said if I wanted half the bottle on it, I'd asked for it. Told her to shove the subs up her ass, to have a WONDERFUL day and walked out and went to a different one. Got exactly what I asked for, too!

That first one has always been crappy and I hate going there... but it's close to the house, I was tired and cranky and didn't want to drive everywhere. Will NOT be going to that one again... Thinking about making a complaint.
Stac

Today is the tomorrow that we worried about yesterday - Unknown
SLS61185
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby LMM » March 16th, 2011, 11:21 am

I am SO in a I want to punch you dead in your face kind of mood today.
LMM
I'll Kick Your Ass

Postby mnp13 » March 16th, 2011, 12:36 pm

I'd post it on the comments on their website. I bet you get a few free coupons.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby PetieMarie22 » March 16th, 2011, 4:11 pm

LMM wrote:I wish there was a spray for crazy, you know like there's a spray for bugs? Crazy be Gone or something like that.

If you find some of that, put me down for at least a case a week!!
Kathleen (and George)
Petie Marie - spoiled rotten Pit Bull Terrier
Sunshine Honeysuckle Smith - DSH cat that lives under the couch
Sasha Marie - Bombay Mix = DIVA
PetieMarie22
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby mnp13 » March 16th, 2011, 9:54 pm

LMM wrote:I wish there was a spray for crazy, you know like there's a spray for bugs? Crazy be Gone or something like that.

Nah...

Crazy should be painful, just like stupid.
Michelle

mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby plebayo » March 17th, 2011, 12:08 am

mnp13 wrote:

Nah...

Crazy should be painful, just like stupid.

:high5:
Suzanne
Seth, CGC & LiLo
plebayo
Mrs. Dr. Kildare

Postby LMM » March 17th, 2011, 9:10 am

So are we thinking of something like wack-a-crazy? Like wack-a-mole?
LMM
I'll Kick Your Ass

Postby copperlegend » March 17th, 2011, 11:05 am

LMM wrote:So are we thinking of something like wack-a-crazy? Like wack-a-mole?

YES!
Joanna
Proud 'failed foster'
Nadia -APBT mix
CarreraKitty - feline extraordinaire
copperlegend
Snot Nose Bully Pup

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic