The Forum Rant Thread!!! Come one, come all!

Everything that doesn't fit anywhere else!

Postby TheRedQueen » May 1st, 2011, 11:28 pm

Now I also have conjunctivitis in addition to my bronchitis...my right eye is swollen and leaking green goo. It's really sexy, let me tell you.

I'm also having reactions to one of my meds...swelling and itching in my mouth. Didn't sleep last night...except for two hours this morning dozing on the couch. Super. I have to go back to work tomorrow.
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby pitbullmamaliz » May 2nd, 2011, 7:50 am

Um, if you look in our new sticky, green eye goo is a reason to go immediately to the e-vet. Just saying. :wink:

Seriously, hope you feel better. That sounds horrible.
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby Hoyden » May 2nd, 2011, 8:59 am

TheRedQueen wrote:Now I also have conjunctivitis in addition to my bronchitis...my right eye is swollen and leaking green goo. It's really sexy, let me tell you.

I'm also having reactions to one of my meds...swelling and itching in my mouth. Didn't sleep last night...except for two hours this morning dozing on the couch. Super. I have to go back to work tomorrow.

If you have conjunctivitis I would seriously stay away from the dogs as you can give it to them.

Birdie got conjunctivitis from a kid in Gremlin's Kindergarten class and I ended up getting it from Birdie a few days later. Both our doctor and our vet confirmed it was the same strain with lab testing.
Moral courage is the most valuable and usually the most absent characteristic in men ~ General George S. Patton, Jr.

She taking all the stars down from her sky to hang them up someplace new, where there's better weather and the sky's a different blue. ~ Autumn Fields
Hoyden
Collar Queen

Postby SisMorphine » May 12th, 2011, 10:53 pm

RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANT!

I was invited by a friend to have a vendor table at her dog event on Sunday. Now, as some of you know, I've been working on starting up a tug toy company and since I'm completely anal, it's been going slowly since I expect perfection out of my tester tugs. LOL! WELL a couple weeks ago my sewing machine crap the bed. Yesterday I picked up a sewing machine from a friend. It is actually a really nice sewing machine, but it's old (1962) and has tons of quirks, all of which I apparently found out today (sorry, Noel, for bugging the hell out of you all day long!). FINALLY I get it up and working, I made a tester tug, and so far I'm not sure I'm happy with the durability of the fabric I just bought. ARGH! I'm so frustrated, and I have to work tomorrow, plus Saturday night I have a launch party for my friend's business, so that leaves me tomorrow morning and much of the day Saturday (oh yeah, and I have like a 4 hour long massage scheduled Saturday . . . yes I need it for my back, but the 4 hours is because one of my best friends is in massage school and has to make up some homework before the end of the month, so I can't screw up her homework!!). Which is like NO time. And you know, I could just pull from the event, but that would be pretty crappy of me since A) My name is on the website and B) I promised to donate tugs to the raffle and C) I'm also manning a "beg" table for my other friend's foster who just had emergency surgery. GRAAAAAAAAARRRRRRAARRRRRRRR!!! Plus I'm on a diet, which makes me cranky anyway. LOL.

Okay. End rant.
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Postby pitbullmamaliz » May 14th, 2011, 7:49 pm

Just feeling selfish and pissy right now and I shouldn't. One of my friends called me yesterday and asked me to let her dogs out yesterday after work. Fine, no problem. She then called me early this afternoon and said she wasn't going to be able to get away from work, could I let them out sometime before 4? Fine. Starting to get salty, but fine. She just called me again and asked me to go BACK over there to let them out again. I literally just got into my jammies and made a cup of coffee and settled in with a book.

I shouldn't bitch - she helps me out on the rare occasions I need Inara let out. She lives less than 10 minutes away. But she has three dogs who are loud and rambunctious. And it's pouring down rain. And she doesn't plan ahead very well, obviously. I don't mind helping occasionally, I really don't. But now I'm just annoyed.
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby mnp13 » May 14th, 2011, 7:57 pm

Spent the ENTIRE day shooting (just for fun, but when I shoot, I want my pictures)

something happened and the memory card won't read. There were a few photos that I was really looking forward to having, and I may not have anything now.

I'm not sure if I want to scream or cry... both actually...
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby plebayo » May 16th, 2011, 6:08 pm

mnp13 wrote:Spent the ENTIRE day shooting (just for fun, but when I shoot, I want my pictures)

something happened and the memory card won't read. There were a few photos that I was really looking forward to having, and I may not have anything now.

I'm not sure if I want to scream or cry... both actually...

The first time I read this I thought you went literally, shooting, and you wanted to cry because you didn't get pictures of you shooting a gun. I was thinking "Can't you go shooting again?" Totally reread this and figured it out, that blows.
----

I went out to see my horse today. She is still battling a wicked hoof abscess. A friend of mine came out two days ago and squirted iodine into her foot and let me borrow a soaking boot to help keep things clean. I didn't go out yesterday because I was moving, but went out today. The barn owner informed me that she was running around and bucking like an idiot. I brought her in and she looked sound. I repacked and wrapped her foot then went into the tackroom to package her supplements. I could hear her moving around and then another horse called so she called back. I do not allow my horse to "call". She was pretty much being herd bound and acting like a goon because she wanted to be with her friend outside. I simply walked out of the tackroom, although I'm sure my body language said 'she's going to kill you!' because my horse immediately started backing up in the cross ties. She doesn't tie well to begin with, she kept pulling back and broke one of the ties! I'm totally in between paychecks right now and my bank account is looking pretty pathetic. I'm sure I won't have to pay for a new one until I pay my board[which is also when I will get paid again], but that's going to potentially be another $20 out the window. I lunged the crap out of her and she looked sound. I will be out tomorrow to check on her and if she isn't lame her vacation is over. Needless to say I didn't repack her foot after she ran around like a chicken with her head cut off, I simply put the boot back on and put her back outside. We'll see what it looks like tomorrow. She can be such a jerk sometimes - mostly when she's been sitting for extended periods of time.
Suzanne
Seth, CGC & LiLo
♥♥Sofie - Always in my heart. ♥♥
plebayo
Mrs. Dr. Kildare

Postby TheRedQueen » May 16th, 2011, 9:38 pm

My bronchitis is pretty much cleared up, but I still develop a horrible sore throat every night...painful, hurts-to-swallow sore throat. Makes it very hard to sleep. :(
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen

Postby TheRedQueen » May 16th, 2011, 9:38 pm

My bronchitis is pretty much cleared up, but I still develop a horrible sore throat every night...painful, hurts-to-swallow sore throat. Makes it very hard to sleep. :(

TheRedQueen

Postby mnp13 » May 23rd, 2011, 9:11 am

Had a flat on Saturday, they took the nail out and plugged it, but the tires are worn and they said it might not hold.

Well, it didn't and I'm sitting on the side of the road waiting for AAA (hour and 20 minutes and counting). So now I'm looking at getting four new tires. :rant:

So much for finishing them out over the summer, I knew I'd need new ones before winter, but pre-wedding was NOT on my list!!!!!!
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby SisMorphine » May 23rd, 2011, 9:23 am

YUCK! I'm in the "need new tires" position as well. And those damn things are pricey!! But at least I'm not on the side of the road . . . yet.
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Postby mnp13 » May 23rd, 2011, 11:49 am

I'm at the tire place now. They wouldn't repair the tire because it was so worn, and they said they were very surprised that the other place did. So, all four it is.
Michelle

mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby call2arms » May 23rd, 2011, 10:00 pm

Boo for getting new tires, that sucks, so expensive...

My allergies suck. Not bad enough to use Reactine or whatever - just random bouts of intense sneezing and itchy eyes, and then I'm fine for a while. But damn when it hits I wanna rip my eyes out!!!
“Your birth is a mistake you'll spend your whole life trying to correct.” Chuck Palahniuk

I love pus but I hate people.

I can say words like undifferentiated gonads now!
call2arms
Boys Stink

Postby SLS61185 » May 24th, 2011, 1:35 am

SisMorphine wrote:YUCK! I'm in the "need new tires" position as well. And those damn things are pricey!!

We had to get all new tires last year and did a bunch of pricing... Ended up going to Pep Boys for ours... Got a 'good' deal, I think. Was like Buy three and get the fourth free, plus I think we got some kind of rebate off of each tire, too.
Stac

Today is the tomorrow that we worried about yesterday - Unknown
SLS61185
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby Hoyden » May 24th, 2011, 7:28 am

This must be the year for new tires. I have to replace all four of mine too. UGH!
Moral courage is the most valuable and usually the most absent characteristic in men ~ General George S. Patton, Jr.

She taking all the stars down from her sky to hang them up someplace new, where there's better weather and the sky's a different blue. ~ Autumn Fields
Hoyden
Collar Queen

Postby TheRedQueen » May 24th, 2011, 8:19 am

They must be putting something on the roads...we had to replace the sprinter's tires this past winter.

TheRedQueen

Postby amalie79 » May 24th, 2011, 10:05 am

I just replaced two of mine...and the timing belt. :(
"In these bodies, we will live; in these bodies we will die.
Where you invest your love, you invest your life." --Marcus Mumford

--Amalie
amalie79
Loyally Bully

Postby BullyLady » May 25th, 2011, 1:49 pm

ARRRRGHHHHHH. Allergy season is in full swing. No skin infections this year (thank goodness for allergy shots) but Shelby's ears are still making her crazy. She scratched a cut on the edge of her ear and then flapped her head and NOW THERE IS BLOOD EVERYWHERE. DOGGY MURDER SCENE ON MY FRONT PORCH!!!

:o
"I'm not all bad but I'm a faithful sinner."
~Dave Matthews
Cathleen
Shelby - AB Mix 1 yr - CGC
BullyLady
Proud Uber Nerd

Postby hugapitbull » May 26th, 2011, 5:17 am

If any of you tire purchase folks bought Goodyear's or Dunlap's, PM me for associate rebate forms.
Shanna & Spirit Trouble
We beat osteosarcoma - 27 months 20 days cancer free
'Spirit' Trouble departed for the Bridge 3/16/2011 a victim of aging
Visit - http://k9cancer.org

Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain--and most fools do. ~Dale Carnegie
hugapitbull
The Better Half

Postby TheRedQueen » May 26th, 2011, 8:28 am

I had to throw out two batches of dog treats for this weekend. The reason...I left them sitting on the counter all day (75+ in the house with the windows open). Why? The fridge was kinda full...and I didn't want to freeze them until they were cut up. So I left them on the counter...I wonder where I left my BRAIN. That was one of the most idiotic things I've done in a looooong time.

>:(

TheRedQueen

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic