The Forum Rant Thread!!! Come one, come all!

Everything that doesn't fit anywhere else!

Postby airwalk » May 25th, 2008, 12:51 pm

cheekymunkee wrote:Yeah right! You gonna believe Heather? She is crazier than I am . 8)

Ah but see if you're right, then Heather is you and you are Heather, therefore you just called yourself crazier...see I always knew you were a crazy lady! Now the only question is am I still crazy for talking to a crazy lady or am I just being nice to a nut? :wink: :D
airwalk
I live here

Postby adoptanapbt » May 26th, 2008, 11:33 pm

*ahem* To get the thread back on topic from multi-personality discussion(s): 8)

Sacramento County: It's pronounced GER-teh Park, not Gay-tey Park! (Why the hell the park is named after Goethe is another topic entirely...)

Deputies: Learn to spell for heaven's sake! It's becoming less & less of a joke that we need to include remedial English as part of the academy. And now that the general public has access to our report logs, they can see your embarassing spelling mistakes for themselves! The comma is your friend; don't be afraid to use it!

Division Data Entry: I don't know whose bright idea it was to have the division secretaries "help" with data entry, but it basically doubles my work having to correct your mistakes. Either learn to do it correctly or go back to twiddling your thumbs.

Volunteers & deputies: Stop putting personal identifying info in the synopses (see remark about public access to the report log above)! We just have to take it out, and it's really annoying.

Dogs: The gas! Ack..eck... :puke:

Housemates: Do you hate the planet or something?! I don't even have kids, but I care more about my impact on this world than you guys do, and you have a (step)child! All you have to do is put the recycling in the giant blue bin. I haul it out to the curb every other week, since you guys do absolutely nothing as far as house/yardwork is concerned.There's even a bucket in the kitchen for items that don't need to be taken out to the recycling right away! Housemate #2: why did you marry a veterinarian, when to all appearances, you aren't particularly interested in interacting with animals? Believe it or not, it might make life a little nicer if YOU went out and ran errands now & then instead of your 18-hr shift working spouse! There is life outside of WoW. And there is NO WAY you can have ADHD if you can sit for 12+ hours playing that stupid game!!!!
Desdemona, CGC (FS APBT 5/05)
Aggie (aka Demonspawn), PITA (MN flame point Siamese/DSH 12/06)
Beanie, PITA in training (MN flame point Siamese/DSH 7/07)

http://www.merideprettyoneday.blogspot.com
adoptanapbt
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby adoptanapbt » May 26th, 2008, 11:52 pm

Dammit! I completely forgot to rant about the ridiculous names people are giving their poor kids!!! No wonder we have so many runaways!

Off the top of my head:
Karter
Dantorius
Lasagne
Empress Nefertitti
Johnathin (this just looks like his parents couldn't spell!)

And our latest favorite:
Sip Jack Daniels

adoptanapbt
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby Magnolia618 » May 26th, 2008, 11:55 pm

Lasagne

:o
“Hatred is the coward's revenge for being intimidated.â€
Magnolia618
I live here

Postby adoptanapbt » May 27th, 2008, 12:44 am

Last one, I promise! :wink:

To the fairly nice gardener up the street: That leash I gave you for your dog last year was not given to you so you could throw it away & never use it. You dog is nice, but she is not as well-trained as you think she is, and while you are busy mowing/trimming, she is wandering a few houses in each direction and ACROSS THE STREET! Call me selfish, but I don't want to scrape your damn dog off the front of my truck! If I bother to give you another leash, consider it a warning because for now I am able to suck it up and just shake my head in amazement at your idea of responsible pet ownership, but if my pissy mood continues, I WILL call animal control. And, of course, your freakin' dog is a pit bull mix... :rolleyes2:

To the neighbor at the end of the street whose dog got loose the other day and you didn't bother to go get her when she ignored your shouting: You are incredibly lucky your dog is so submissive to people that she flipped over when I grabbed her throat after she charged my dog. And to your sh!thead neighbor/friend who said "It's not my dog" when I told him to get the dog on a leash, way to help out!

To whomever owns that ancient shepherd that is chronically loose: Your dog has almost been hit at least once when it moseyed across the street to follow me and my dog(s). It's so ancient that we could outpace your dog by merely walking a little faster, but you might want to keep your dog confined unless you like coming home to scrape your dog off the pavement.

People, your dog is not Lassie and it is not 1950! Keep your friggin' dogs confined or on a leash!

adoptanapbt
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby Marinepits » May 27th, 2008, 6:58 am

Magnolia618 wrote:
Lasagne

:shock: That poor kid.
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby Marinepits » May 27th, 2008, 7:01 am

adoptanapbt wrote:People, your dog is not Lassie and it is not 1950! Keep your friggin' dogs confined or on a leash!

Amen to that.
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby LaylaWoobie » May 27th, 2008, 9:03 am

adoptanapbt wrote:Dammit! I completely forgot to rant about the ridiculous names people are giving their poor kids!!! No wonder we have so many runaways!

Off the top of my head:
Karter
Dantorius
Lasagne
Empress Nefertitti
Johnathin (this just looks like his parents couldn't spell!)

And our latest favorite:
Sip Jack Daniels

CHAMPAGNE - and the kid had FAS...no lie.
Syphillus (she thought it was pronounched Sif - phi- lus)
Lemonjello (pronounched not, LEMON JELLO, but i dont know how the hell to do the pronunciation for that one)
LaylaWoobie
Full of Bully

Postby Magnolia618 » May 27th, 2008, 9:12 am

Magnolia618
I live here

Postby LaylaWoobie » May 27th, 2008, 9:16 am

okay i got it...la-mon-ja-low
LaylaWoobie
Full of Bully

Postby Magnolia618 » May 27th, 2008, 9:17 am

Magnolia618
I live here

Postby cheekymunkee » May 27th, 2008, 10:12 am

I was once in a Walgreen's standing behind a lady waiting for a prescription. She started yelling "Allegra", I thought maybe she was yelling at the pharmacisit until a little girl showd up. No idea where Zyrtec or Claritin was.
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby LaylaWoobie » May 27th, 2008, 10:15 am

people should be spayed.
LaylaWoobie
Full of Bully

Postby airwalk » May 27th, 2008, 12:03 pm

LaylaWoobie wrote:people should be spayed.

Amen!
airwalk
I live here

Postby adoptanapbt » May 27th, 2008, 7:58 pm

The worst part is the Lasagne call came in over the radio and I couldn't believe I'd written the name down, so I had to go back on air and ask, "Lasagne? As in the food?" Poor thing may have been standing right next to the officer. At least most of the stupid names come in over the phone, but a disproportionate number belong to runaways/hoodlums. Hmm...coinkydink? :rolleyes2:

adoptanapbt
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby maberi » May 27th, 2008, 8:02 pm

2 hours of Iron Maiden on tv. This night just got a whole lot better :wink:
Look beyond what your own eyes see
maberi
I Save My Empty Calories For The Bottle

Postby LaylaWoobie » May 27th, 2008, 8:18 pm

So I just got home from agility and was bringing Layla inside, when one of our stray cats walked across the sidewalk, with both of its back legs broken. I quickly threw Layla in the house and ran back outside to find her. But now I cant.

I just spent the last 20 minutes roaming around my development trying to find the poor thing, but I cant. I have no idea how she could have gotten away so far or where she could have gotten to that I cant find her, she was pulling herself along with only her front legs and wasn't moving quickly, but I cant find her.

Im so upset I could cry :sad2:
LaylaWoobie
Full of Bully

Postby maberi » May 27th, 2008, 8:21 pm

Ack that sounds like she may have thrown a blod clot to me. We had to put our cat down when this happened. Cardio Myopathy (spelling?) is a common problem with cats and can cause them to throw clots that prevent blood flow to their hind legs.

Keep looking or listening as it is usually very painful
Look beyond what your own eyes see
maberi
I Save My Empty Calories For The Bottle

Postby LaylaWoobie » May 27th, 2008, 8:24 pm

ahh its so sad. I feel bad for her. I was going to take her to the vet to see if they can do something or at least have her put down so she wasn't suffering, but I can't find her. She's not going to be able to hunt because she can't even walk. Poor kitty.
LaylaWoobie
Full of Bully

Postby LaylaWoobie » May 27th, 2008, 8:28 pm

why the hell did they change the love song station on my sirius to neil diamond radio?

who the hell wants to listen to neil diamond ALL THE TIME?!?!

I'm having a bad day and I need a fking drink. :cuss:
LaylaWoobie
Full of Bully

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic