Decision 2008

Everything that doesn't fit anywhere else!

Postby pitbullmamaliz » April 7th, 2008, 4:21 pm

Hillary is on Ellen right now - I really like her. She just seems very down to earth when she's not being slammed by reporters. She's talking about how she's going to defend gay rights if she become Prez. :rock:
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby msvette2u » April 7th, 2008, 11:09 pm

I am not sure if anyone has posted this article yet.

http://www2.nysun.com/article/71278
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
msvette2u
I live here

Postby Magnolia618 » April 8th, 2008, 12:11 am

lol That made me laugh. This is my mom in the 70's. Notice the McGovern sticker behind her.

http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa15 ... inDorm.jpg

:headbanger:

Because the truth is that Mr. Obama is the single most liberal senator in the entire U.S. Senate

They say that like it's a bad thing. :wink:
“Hatred is the coward's revenge for being intimidated.â€
Magnolia618
I live here

Postby DemoDick » April 8th, 2008, 1:03 am

pitbullmamaliz wrote:Hillary is on Ellen right now - I really like her. She just seems very down to earth when she's not being slammed by reporters. She's talking about how she's going to defend gay rights if she become Prez. :rock:

She's the most disingenuine opportunist I think I've ever seen. You know how you can tell when she's lying? Her lips are...well, you get the point. I'd vote for a cardboard cutout of Ted Kennedy before I'd vote for her. The cardboard Ted brings more sincerety to the table.

Demo Dick
"My first priority will be to reinstate the assault weapons ban PERMANENTLY as soon as I take office...I intend to work with Congress on a national no carry law, 1 gun a month purchase limits, and bans on all semi-automatic guns."-Barack Obama
"When in doubt, whip it out."-Nuge
DemoDick
They Like to Fondle My Gun

Postby Magnolia618 » May 24th, 2008, 12:46 pm

Magnolia618
I live here

Postby pitbullmamaliz » May 24th, 2008, 9:18 pm

:giggle:
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby DemoDick » May 24th, 2008, 9:23 pm

Must have missed that while I was busy clinging to my guns and bitterness.

For reference, here is both the YouTube page and the WWW homepage of the producer of the video that Chea posted. Judge for yourselves if it falls into the category of measured political commentary or outright propaganda.

http://www.youtube.com/user/bravenewfilms

http://bravenewfilms.org/

I've gotta go...I'm under sniper fire and have to get across the tarmac.

Demo Dick
"My first priority will be to reinstate the assault weapons ban PERMANENTLY as soon as I take office...I intend to work with Congress on a national no carry law, 1 gun a month purchase limits, and bans on all semi-automatic guns."-Barack Obama
DemoDick

Postby Magnolia618 » May 25th, 2008, 8:35 am

DemoDick wrote:Must have missed that while I was busy clinging to my guns and bitterness.

For reference, here is both the YouTube page and the WWW homepage of the producer of the video that Chea posted. Judge for yourselves if it falls into the category of measured political commentary or outright propaganda.

http://www.youtube.com/user/bravenewfilms

http://bravenewfilms.org/

Demo Dick

Explain to me how that first video is ANY different than the ones you guys posted about Reverend Wright? :|

and I'm not sure at all what is wrong with the second one. :confused:
Magnolia618
I live here

Postby Marinepits » May 25th, 2008, 4:13 pm

DemoDick wrote:Must have missed that while I was busy clinging to my guns and bitterness.....

Demo Dick

:spit: LMAO
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby DemoDick » May 28th, 2008, 12:27 am

Explain to me how that first video is ANY different than the ones you guys posted about Reverend Wright?

They really aren't, but here's something to keep in mind.

The Reverend Wright fiasco was and continues to be major news in all media outlets, not just right-wing talk radio. Many Americans were shocked that the Barack Obama they thought they knew would be associated with a man who very clearly preaches from an Anti-American, race-baiting pulpit and who had the audacity to say things like the U.S. Governent engineered the AIDS virus as a form of biological warfare against black people (one of the all-time DUMBEST crackpot conspiracy theories that's come out). A lot of people in this country are concerned with his other affiliations too (see William Ayers), and it appears that he won't learn his lesson about appearing indignant when questioned about them. While I don't like the man's politics at all, I like his attitude even less. If he wants to be the President, he should realize that he is NOT above being questioned; Presidential candidates should be subject to more scrutiny than anyone.

The video you posted was produced by Robert Greenwald who is absolutely rooted in the fringe of left-wing American politics. I posted a link to one of his homepages. Even a cursory examination of his websites betrays a deep-seated prejudice against all things "establishment" and especially all things Bush (he did direct Xanadu though, so maybe there's hope for the guy). There's nothing wrong with that, but people should be aware of where it is coming from. I take everything I read and hear with a grain of salt, but especially so when it comes from either political extreme. If it comes from Rachel Maddow, Randi Rhodes, or Robert Greenwald, don't take it at face value. Same for Michael Savage, Rush Limbaugh or Ann Coulter.

Demo Dick
DemoDick

Postby Magnolia618 » May 28th, 2008, 8:14 am

Alrighty then. :dance:
Magnolia618
I live here

Postby Pit♥bull » June 1st, 2008, 5:55 pm

Pit♥bull
Supremely Bully

Postby cheekymunkee » June 1st, 2008, 8:06 pm

Pit$Bull wrote:Interesting Poll :)

Holy crap! Man, I sure hope not. Too scary & sad to even think about.
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby Pit♥bull » June 1st, 2008, 8:23 pm

cheekymunkee wrote:
Pit$Bull wrote:Interesting Poll :)

Holy crap! Man, I sure hope not. Too scary & sad to even think about.
I agree, that's what we need on top of our other issues. :cry: BUT, it is being ask and is something to consider when picking a candidate.
Pit♥bull
Supremely Bully

Postby DemoDick » June 2nd, 2008, 12:42 am

I would never NOT vote for someone for a reason as stupid as that. No one else should worry about it either. That's like not going outside your house because something horrible MIGHT happen.

Demo Dick
DemoDick

Postby Marinepits » June 2nd, 2008, 8:00 am

I'm surprised no one has brought up the latest religious "scandal".

At Obama’s Church, Chicago Minister Says Clinton Felt ‘White’ Entitlement

Another Chicago minister is causing headaches for Barack Obama after he told the congregation at the Democratic candidate’s church on Sunday that Hillary Clinton felt entitled to the presidency because she’s white.

Michael Pfleger, a Catholic priest, issued a formal apology for his sermon Thursday after Obama put out a statement saying he was “deeply disappointed” by Pfleger’s remarks at Trinity United Church of Christ in Chicago.

“I regret the words I chose on Sunday. These words are inconsistent with Senator Obama’s life and message, and I am deeply sorry if they offended Senator Clinton or anyone else who saw them,” said Pfleger.

That was after a video of his sermon was posted on YouTube.

In it, Pfleger, who is white, mocked Clinton for getting choked up on camera before the New Hampshire primary in January.

“When Hillary was crying … I really don’t believe it was put on. I really believe that she just always thought ‘This is mine. I’m Bill’s wife. I’m white. And this is mine’,” he said, shouting at times. “Then out of nowhere came, ‘Hey I’m Barack Obama’. And she said, ‘Oh damn! Where did you come from? I’m white! I’m entitled! There’s a black man stealing my show’!”

After that, he simulated Clinton crying and then said: “She wasn’t the only one crying. There was a whole lot of white people crying … I’m sorry. I don’t wanna get you in any more trouble. The live streaming just went out again.”

He also said at one point, “America has been raping people of color and America has to pay the price for the rape. “

The video was later posted on WorldNetDaily, which ran a story on Pfleger’s sermon.

Clinton campaign spokesman Howard Wolfson described Pfleger’s “divisive and hateful language” as “totally counterproductive in our efforts to bring our party together,” adding that the campaign hopes Obama will more fully reject the comments about Clinton.

The video was a reminder of the many sermons from Obama’s former pastor Rev. Jeremiah Wright Jr. that have dogged his campaign since March. In the videos, Wright described his country as institutionally racist and made disparaging comments toward Clinton that referenced the issue of race. Obama has rejected Wright’s controversial statements and his campaign issued a statement Thursday rejecting Pfleger’s.

“As I have traveled this country, I’ve been impressed not by what divides us, but by all that that unites us,” the statement said. “That is why I am deeply disappointed in Father Pfleger’s divisive, backward-looking rhetoric, which doesn’t reflect the country I see or the desire of people across America to come together in common cause.”

Pfleger is not a member of Obama’s church, but Trinity United confirmed he was a guest at the church Sunday.

Pfleger’s support of Obama is well known in Chicago; an Obama aide confirmed that Pfleger contributed to Obama’s state Senate campaign during his years in the Illinois legislature.

The aide told FOX News that when Obama was a state senator in 2000, he secured a $100,000 earmark for the ARK Community Center, a center attached to Pfleger’s St. Sabina church. The aide said the initiative was awarded to help keep at risk kids off the streets by giving them a place to play.

Pfleger was also once a member of the Catholics for Obama Committee, which is a voluntary advisory committee to the Obama campaign, the aide said. But the aide said Pfleger decided to step down a few weeks ago from this committee, though the campaign did not request the resignation.

And here's the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWigzBCl ... re=related

Personally, when I first saw the video last week, I thought it was some kind of comedy skit. :noWay:
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby airwalk » June 2nd, 2008, 12:32 pm

I was really quite appalled when I saw the video clip...not for Senator Obama...he had nothing to do with this, but aren't these guys suppose to be preaching Christian principles? I was appalled that a minister would believe that those words would be in line with any Christian principle from any religion, any where at any time.

I think it is unfortunate that supposed "men of God" have decided this year to become "men of politics" at any and all expenses. While I realize that ministers have been swaying their congregations from the beginning of time, they seem to have, in the past, done it with a bit more finesse.
airwalk
I live here

Postby Marinepits » June 3rd, 2008, 6:34 pm

According to ABC News, it looks like Obama will win the nomination tonight after the final delegate count.

Should be interesting to hear what Hillary's camp says.....
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby airwalk » June 3rd, 2008, 8:40 pm

:popcorn2:
airwalk
I live here

Postby Magnolia618 » June 4th, 2008, 3:30 pm

:elephant:
Magnolia618
I live here

PreviousNext