Decision 2008

Everything that doesn't fit anywhere else!

Postby Jenn » January 5th, 2008, 8:11 pm

Man I just don't know......... I really don't like freaking anyone, but then again I have to vote for someone... Guess I'll be one of those last minuters.
Jenn
undecided

Postby pitbullmamaliz » January 5th, 2008, 9:59 pm

I hate this time of year, too. I'm never happy with my options.
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby airwalk » January 5th, 2008, 10:01 pm

On January 05 2008, 3:33 PM, Wyldmoonwoman wrote:I want you all to know that I nearly poop my pants when I saw this topic turn into a sticky...just yesterday, on another forum, the political debate thread was closed before it had a chance to get nasty...

I love this place...now I am going to sit back and wait for it to turn nasty :D

I was thinking the same thing. Most other forums shut off any political discussion before it can even get started. Thank you mods for leaving this, it's always interesting.
airwalk
I live here

Postby cheekymunkee » January 6th, 2008, 2:11 pm

As long as it stays clean & informative, it will stay open. We have an awesome group here that has shown it can debate without resorting to attacks. I'm always willing to listen to others views & perhaps change my own as far as politics goes. I don't keep up with the candidates & their positions and I am not loyal to one party so it is good to hear what others have to say.
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby Stormy » January 6th, 2008, 2:54 pm

I watched the debates last night and I still don't know who I like. To be perfectly honest I really don't like any of them. :|

With some I like their foreign policy, others I like their stance on illegals, and others I like their healthcare plans. So I don't know. I probably won't bother voting in the primary, and just pick the lesser of two evils on real election day.
Mom to Delaney Jade- Pit Bull mix
Little Jack Slade of Okeechobee Hill -Yorkie/Poodle mix. Both were adopted!
Stormy
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby SisMorphine » January 11th, 2008, 12:54 am

"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Postby mnp13 » January 11th, 2008, 3:13 pm

I'm home sick so I'm watching some traash TV. Barak Obama is on Tyra right now, it's actually interesting.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby PandaBear » January 22nd, 2008, 2:58 pm

I found a great website about the Candidates for 2008. It breaks out all the international, domestic, social, etc. issues and where each candidate stands. Also has a quiz! It was very helpful for me! Hope you enjoy!

http://www.issues2000.org/Candidates.htm
PandaBear
Confident Young Bully

Postby Jenn » January 22nd, 2008, 3:06 pm

Yowee, figures the people I agree with aren't really strong in the running.....
Jenn
undecided

Postby Marinepits » January 22nd, 2008, 4:08 pm

Fred Thompson just dropped out.
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby Scout » January 30th, 2008, 3:16 pm

I agree with a lot of the issues people have posted...health care needs an overhaul, pro-choice, pro-death penalty - but I want to be DAMN sure they have the right person, etc.

But I am absolutely against the war, and I feel the only candidate that will actually bring home the troops is Ron Paul. Other candidates will continue to occupy foreign countries when I honestly believe we need to take care of our own citizens before we can help others. We are in debt by trillions of dollars...we're spending our own money in other countries when we need to boost our own economy.

And I absolutely believe in States Rights. I believe Ron Paul may be the right choice for right now. Although he is against abortion he believes in states rights and will allow each state to decide if abortion should be legal or not. He does not believe in a dictatorship.

Also...did anybody else notice that the pesos have gone up? And the dollar has gone down...surpassed by the Euro?
The average dog is a nicer person than the average person. --Andy Rooney
Scout
Welcome Wagger

Postby Scout » January 30th, 2008, 3:18 pm

On January 22 2008, 3:08 PM, Marinepits wrote:Fred Thompson just dropped out.

I guess Edwards and Giuliani are not too far behind? And McCain is running out of money. Our choices are getting slimmer and slimmer.
The average dog is a nicer person than the average person. --Andy Rooney
Scout
Welcome Wagger

Postby madremissy » January 30th, 2008, 3:21 pm

I think Edwards dropped out this morning. I might be wrong but I thought I heard that.
madremissy
I have a basketball and I'm not afraid to use it.

Postby Asta » January 30th, 2008, 3:23 pm

On January 30 2008, madremissy wrote:I think Edwards dropped out this morning. I might be wrong but I thought I heard that.

Nope, Edwards did drop this morning out and Giuliani is expected to go the same way really soon.

Ã…sa
Asta
Welcome Wagger

Postby Magnolia618 » January 30th, 2008, 4:05 pm

:gruven:
Magnolia618
I live here

Postby Marinepits » January 30th, 2008, 8:01 pm

So, who do you think will be the running mate for each candidate?
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby SisMorphine » January 30th, 2008, 8:08 pm

No clue. But I'm still heading the Anyone-But-Mitt-Romney camp.
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Postby Marinepits » January 30th, 2008, 8:25 pm

Yeah, he scares me on a lot of levels. :shock:
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby madremissy » January 30th, 2008, 8:57 pm

I am not a very political person but I am trying to broaden my horizons. So this year I have tried to watch and understand. There isn't one of the candidates that I like. What to do? I called my Dad and all he says is that it is going to get interesting. We need one who will stand up to the congress because it doesn't matter what the president says it seems to me it has to get past them. Like I said not very political savy but I just hope things get better in our country. Kinda in a depressing slump right now.
madremissy
I have a basketball and I'm not afraid to use it.

Postby cheekymunkee » January 30th, 2008, 10:19 pm

I think I may be distantly by marriage kin to Mitt Romney. My cousin is married to a Romney & there are like thousands of people in that family. My cousin's husband is one of 13 kids, and each of them ( including my cousin) has at least 10.
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic