Joyce's Official "Random Thoughts" Thread

Everything that doesn't fit anywhere else!

Postby iluvk9 » July 29th, 2011, 7:43 am

Pit♥bull wrote:It's such a wonderful gift you'll never make it 'till January. :|

I know what you meant, Robbie.... :wave2: But I am still going to wait. I hope. :dance:

Diana made a gorgeous bag (from the Ds Dog Designs collection) to give to DIL's Mom, and I am waiting for Christmas to give that, so I now how have a box designated as "The Waiting Box".
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby iluvk9 » July 31st, 2011, 4:41 pm

I had Truman out with me and some dog owners saw him. One said, "He looks like a Lab on steroids." Another said, "He looks like a LAB experiment gone wrong!"
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby TheRedQueen » August 17th, 2011, 1:18 am

a client emailed about us boarding her lab for the weekend...with me picking him up on Wednesday (my normal day to walk him) and them picking him up on Sunday morning. So John emailed back and said that we could board him, but we'd have to take him to Michigan with us (DSO)...and that he wouldn't be back until Monday morning for pick up (no extra charge for the extra day).

She responded..."hmm...not sure, since the kids are coming home from camp and are looking forward to seeing him on Friday."

Um. That doesn't make any sense considering your original dates either.
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby pitbullmamaliz » September 6th, 2011, 9:45 pm

I know this is silly, but I like that this forum has 20 posts on each page. Most forums only have 15 and it just seems like not enough. I'm clicking to switch pages too often.
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby iluvk9 » September 7th, 2011, 6:04 am

pitbullmamaliz wrote:I know this is silly, but I like that this forum has 20 posts on each page. Most forums only have 15 and it just seems like not enough. I'm clicking to switch pages too often.

I think it's silly you even COUNTED them!

DORK.
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby TheRedQueen » September 7th, 2011, 9:03 am

I have clients that told John over the phone that they were feeding a food on the recall list years ago...so they started feeding real meat to their dog (chihuahua that NEVER goes outside...it lives in the house and uses piddle pads)...because they were so freaked out. Okay, no problem...I've met many people that went home-cooked or raw because of the recall.

I go over to feed the dog...they keep Puppy Chow down all the time, a pouch of Moist and Meaty once a day, and a bowl of shredded lunch meat once a day.

Ah...yeah...okay.
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen

Postby amalie79 » September 7th, 2011, 9:52 am

TheRedQueen wrote:I have clients that told John over the phone that they were feeding a food on the recall list years ago...so they started feeding real meat to their dog (chihuahua that NEVER goes outside...it lives in the house and uses piddle pads)...because they were so freaked out. Okay, no problem...I've met many people that went home-cooked or raw because of the recall.

I go over to feed the dog...they keep Puppy Chow down all the time, a pouch of Moist and Meaty once a day, and a bowl of shredded lunch meat once a day.

Ah...yeah...okay.

Shredded lunch "meat." Sure. That's... meat.
"In these bodies, we will live; in these bodies we will die.
Where you invest your love, you invest your life." --Marcus Mumford

--Amalie
amalie79
Loyally Bully

Postby Malli » September 7th, 2011, 2:03 pm

hubby's boss' dog (Chihuahua) "refuses" to eat all but a few things - he lives off Rollover. Wes (after asking me) has tried to tell him to just feed the dog what he wants, and when he is hungry he will eat, but they don't have it in them to "hold out". He also has numerous "phsychiatric" issues :rolleyes2:
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day, tomorrow doesn't look good either.
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby TinaMartin » September 7th, 2011, 3:21 pm

Malli wrote:hubby's boss' dog (Chihuahua) "refuses" to eat all but a few things - he lives off Rollover. Wes (after asking me) has tried to tell him to just feed the dog what he wants, and when he is hungry he will eat, but they don't have it in them to "hold out". He also has numerous "phsychiatric" issues :rolleyes2:

Spoiled 4 legged brat at the top of the issues...
Not only am I a member of the Michelle says my dog is fat club I'm the president!
I can Alpha Roll hair!
TinaMartin
The Hair Whisperer

Postby Malli » September 8th, 2011, 2:54 am

weirdest thing? My dog savvy husband has been trying for 3.5 yrs to make friends with the little beast and he is STILL afraid of Wes :| Knowing the hubs, he should have made friends with almost any dog after about 2.5 seconds.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day, tomorrow doesn't look good either.
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby iluvk9 » September 8th, 2011, 6:02 am

I just found out, after being on 8 forums over my lifetime, and having over 7777 posts here, that after you write something in the text box, you can GO BACK to another persons post, and hit the QUOTE bar and it will STILL appear in your text box.

I thought you had to hit the quote box first.
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby mnp13 » September 8th, 2011, 4:25 pm

iluvk9 wrote:I just found out, after being on 8 forums over my lifetime, and having over 7777 posts here,

Um, just to clarify...

While you are technically correct that you have over 7777 posts, the way it is worded sorta implies that your post count is close to that number. I thought I'd let you know that you actually have 22422.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby iluvk9 » September 8th, 2011, 6:34 pm

mnp13 wrote:Um, just to clarify...

While you are technically correct that you have over 7777 posts, the way it is worded sorta implies that your post count is close to that number. I thought I'd let you know that you actually have 22422.

Well THAT must be why I am THE MOST VALUED MEMBER HERE and wrote myself that nice B'day greeting. 8)
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby ArtGypsy » September 8th, 2011, 8:59 pm

iluvk9 wrote:

Well THAT must be why I am THE MOST VALUED MEMBER HERE and wrote myself that nice B'day greeting. 8)

This makes-me-sad-Joycie....Just so you know, we ALL Love You. Even if you DID have to write yourself that adoring post.
Shouldn't it mean something that we AGREE with you?? :wink:
“Hope has two beautiful daughters: their names are Anger and Courage.
Anger that things are the way they are.
Courage to make them the way they ought to be.”----Augustine
ArtGypsy
First I Caught Her, Then I Didn't Share My Fries

Postby pitbullmamaliz » September 8th, 2011, 9:34 pm

lmao Inara just woke herself up out of a dream by barking. She looked very surprised, like "who the hell was that barking?" lol
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby TheRedQueen » September 8th, 2011, 10:43 pm

ArtGypsy wrote:
iluvk9 wrote:

This makes-me-sad-Joycie....Just so you know, we ALL Love You. Even if you DID have to write yourself that adoring post.
Shouldn't it mean something that we AGREE with you?? :wink:

Awwww...if she joined the real world and got on Facebook, she would have had lots of birthday wishes... :neener:

TheRedQueen

Postby amalie79 » September 12th, 2011, 4:07 pm

Registering River with AKC so she can compete next month... but now I have to come up with a fancy schmancy name. This is tough!

--Amalie
amalie79
Loyally Bully

Postby iluvk9 » September 12th, 2011, 5:17 pm

TheRedQueen wrote:Awwww...if she joined the real world and got on Facebook, she would have had lots of birthday wishes... :neener:

If FB is the real world, I am happy in my fake little world. :dance:

amalie79 wrote:Registering River with AKC so she can compete next month... but now I have to come up with a fancy schmancy name. This is tough!

How about RIVER DANCER!!!! A take off on "River Dance" and those guys that do that stuff.
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby TheRedQueen » September 16th, 2011, 8:48 am

Score has been standing next to me for about five minutes, very calmly. I've been ignoring him...he's been outside, eaten breakfast, etc, etc. He just now deliberately dropped the penny that he was holding in his mouth...I looked over, and he scooped it right back up and traded for a treat. Boy...he knows me well.

TheRedQueen

Postby amalie79 » September 16th, 2011, 9:30 am

iluvk9 wrote:
TheRedQueen wrote:Awwww...if she joined the real world and got on Facebook, she would have had lots of birthday wishes... :neener:

If FB is the real world, I am happy in my fake little world. :dance:

amalie79 wrote:Registering River with AKC so she can compete next month... but now I have to come up with a fancy schmancy name. This is tough!

How about RIVER DANCER!!!! A take off on "River Dance" and those guys that do that stuff.

We ended up with Ozarks' River Dancer. Very appropriate. My friend who was trying to "help" suggested we choose a stripper name. 8)
Last edited by amalie79 on September 16th, 2011, 9:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

--Amalie
amalie79
Loyally Bully

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic