Joyce's Official "Random Thoughts" Thread

Everything that doesn't fit anywhere else!

Postby mnp13 » June 21st, 2011, 4:49 pm

TinaMartin wrote:
TheRedQueen wrote:John is currently on the phone with child services turning in his sister for neglect.
:clap:

:shock:

FINALLY!!!! WOO HOO!!!
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby iluvk9 » June 21st, 2011, 4:57 pm

Wow, that is something I had wished someone would do since you started telling us about the situation.
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby TheRedQueen » June 21st, 2011, 6:06 pm

iluvk9 wrote:Wow, that is something I had wished someone would do since you started telling us about the situation.

Well, apparently CPS won't step in...because there is no "cure" that the mom is keeping from him. So they won't do anything.
:mad2:
The nephew (13 yo) apparently is now failing every subject and is getting physically violent with others...including John's 8 year old daughter.

John's moving on to other avenues...first off, talking to his mother and his ex-wife.
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby iluvk9 » June 23rd, 2011, 6:13 am

Two days left of work until summer vacation. Then I start the countdown to retirement. :) 365 days, including weekends and stuff...then I am OUT OF THERE! :dance: And no, I won't miss the darling teenagers.
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby madremissy » June 23rd, 2011, 8:18 am

Wahoo!!!!!! 365 days until the big retirement party!!! After 30 years I don't know if I would miss this little buggers either :wink:
madremissy
I have a basketball and I'm not afraid to use it.

Postby Malli » June 23rd, 2011, 3:02 pm

yay Joyce! :)

I can dream of retirement.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day, tomorrow doesn't look good either.
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby iluvk9 » June 23rd, 2011, 3:28 pm

madremissy wrote:After 30 years I don't know if I would miss this little buggers either :wink:

I don't even want to SEE teenagers....

Malli wrote:I can dream of retirement.

Well, my advice is to not wish your life away, and enjoy the ride. Then when you have a few years remaining you sort of work from the end and backwards to where you are. But the last year....trust me EVERY day is closer to a new life.

I am moving to Meansville to be with my Twin and so I can be with Mckinlee-Joyce. :)
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby Pit♥bull » June 24th, 2011, 12:07 pm

iluvk9 wrote:
I am moving to Meansville to be with my Twin and so I can be with Mckinlee-Joyce. :)
I thought you said you were moving to Texas. :|
Pit♥bull
Supremely Bully

Postby TheRedQueen » June 28th, 2011, 11:00 pm

My dad's research assistant has been out of work for two weeks. He was out walking his dog (puggle) and they were attacked by a "pit bull". The dog was almost killed, and the guy was seriously hurt when he tried to save his dog. Everyone is recovering now.

My mom's comment (she's awful!)..."well, why was he walking bait around he neighborhood?"
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen

Postby mnp13 » June 29th, 2011, 1:56 am

that's so... wrong

lmao
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby Malli » June 29th, 2011, 2:41 am

omg. I hope that the guy that has been out of work for 2 weeks didn't have to pay for his own and his dog's medical care? :(

side note : your mom is hilarious :)
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day, tomorrow doesn't look good either.
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby TheRedQueen » June 29th, 2011, 8:50 am

Malli wrote:omg. I hope that the guy that has been out of work for 2 weeks didn't have to pay for his own and his dog's medical care? :(

side note : your mom is hilarious :)

I don't know about all of it...my dad hasn't seen him to ask more.

and two...yeah, my mom's a trip

TheRedQueen

Postby amalie79 » July 10th, 2011, 9:30 am

My 70lb lab is literally afraid of a fly. Literally. She was so upset by its buzzing in the bathroom that she jumped into the shower with me.

Then she killed it and scurried away from the body.
"In these bodies, we will live; in these bodies we will die.
Where you invest your love, you invest your life." --Marcus Mumford

--Amalie
amalie79
Loyally Bully

Postby iluvk9 » July 10th, 2011, 10:03 am

amalie79 wrote:My 70lb lab is literally afraid of a fly. Literally. She was so upset by its buzzing in the bathroom that she jumped into the shower with me.

Then she killed it and scurried away from the body.

OMG, I thought it was only Truman who FLIPS OUT if a gnat is flying near him!!! He tucks his tail under and runs like hell in circles.
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby amalie79 » July 10th, 2011, 10:11 am

It was a really loud horsefly and River HATES buzzing or beeping sounds (we had a couple of, erm, incidents with the smoke detector and alarm clock). She usually just sleeps on the bathmat until I kick her off of it so I can dry off. If I'd known she was going to do this, I could have skipped her bath yesterday. :neutral:

Must be a black labradork thing.
"In these bodies, we will live; in these bodies we will die.
Where you invest your love, you invest your life." --Marcus Mumford

--Amalie
amalie79
Loyally Bully

Postby airwalk » July 11th, 2011, 9:06 pm

Please, please, please...can the fireworks end, I don't think I can go too many more nights on 4-5 hours of sleep with Scooter defending his castle from all whistles, bangs and pops.
airwalk
I live here

Postby iluvk9 » July 12th, 2011, 6:37 am

airwalk wrote:Please, please, please...can the fireworks end, I don't think I can go too many more nights on 4-5 hours of sleep with Scooter defending his castle from all whistles, bangs and pops.

Poor Scoots!!! I have to put the a/c on in my bedroom and corral all the dogs in there because of the noise. Darlene shakes like she is coming out of her skin, Harley hides in the closet and Truman...well, I don't think he notices.

Oh, and fireworks are illegal in NY, but it sounds like Vietnam all through July.
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby TheRedQueen » July 12th, 2011, 9:08 am

Does someone have ideas on how to get my rabbit to stop climbing the stairs to eat the cat food? The dogs I have trained...the bun...not so much

TheRedQueen

Postby Malli » July 12th, 2011, 1:52 pm

small barrier at the thop of a step?
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby TheRedQueen » July 12th, 2011, 2:07 pm

Malli wrote:small barrier at the thop of a step?

Tried that...propped something up half way up the steps, he tried to hop over it, and surfed down the steps last night... :bs:

TheRedQueen

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic