Kiwi Carpet Cleaning

Everything that doesn't fit anywhere else!

Postby cheekymunkee » March 9th, 2006, 2:02 pm

Any one use them? They have a 50% off sale going on right now & my carpets really need to be cleaned. I really don't feel like doing it. If you have used them or know someone who has, let me know!
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby cheekymunkee » March 11th, 2006, 12:09 am

Screw it! At 50% off they still wanted $186!!! I decided to break down & buy a steam cleaner

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby Romanwild » March 11th, 2006, 10:41 am

I want one of my own too! Have fun!
Romanwild
I live here

Postby Purple » March 11th, 2006, 10:52 am

I'm a big fan of the rug doctor, the ones you can get at the grocery stores.......back when I actually had carpeting!!!!
Purple
I live here

Postby cheekymunkee » March 11th, 2006, 1:31 pm

I have used Rug Doctor quite a bit. The only problem I have with them is the 24 hour thing. I don't like being on a time limit. Also, the last time I rented one as I was turning it in a lady came back with hers & explained that her carpet had just been ruined. Whoever used it ahead of her had run bleach through it & as she started to use it her carpet got bleached. I don't know how that happened, I guess it wasn't completely empty or something. You'd think she would have been able to smell it. :|

Charles, the one I bought is a Bissell Powersteamer Powerbrush. It was around $90 at Walmart. It has gotten some pretty good reviews. It doesn't heat the water but my tap water gets pretty hot. I also have a cannister one but it attatches to the kitchen sink, my house is too big for it but I l loved the fact that I didn't have to fill it or empty it quite as often. It also wasn't that powerful.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby bullymommy » March 13th, 2006, 5:08 am

i got that bissel debby and i LOVE it!!! the next one i get though is going to be their new one that heats the water for you!!!! but like you my tap gets pretty hot!
bullymommy
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby SisMorphine » March 13th, 2006, 10:36 am

I may have to go buy the Bissel.

I only have two carpets in my house, but with 1 resident dog, 2 semi-resident dogs (here during the day every weekday) and numerous boarders coming in and out I've been cleaning the rugs constantly! I've been borrowing my mom's rug cleaner but the thing is a beast and she lives 30 minutes away so it's a pain in the butt.

I'll definitely go to WalMart and check that out.
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Postby Emi » March 13th, 2006, 11:15 am

I got a dirt devil one , it works good ... but i'd like to buy a bigger one , it's a smaller one ..
Emi
Full of Bully

Postby Purple » March 14th, 2006, 8:48 am

That is a downfall of rug doctors, you never know what was cleaned before you get to use it......anyway, all ceramic and pergo here..... :)
Purple
I live here

Return to Off-Topic