Weird dreams.

Everything that doesn't fit anywhere else!

Postby SpiritFngrz » March 2nd, 2006, 11:48 am

OMG for the past week I have had the most bizarre dreams- for a week straight. Every night they are very vivid and I remember them when I wake up.

What are your weird/funny dreams?

A couple times I have dreamt that Paris Hilton is my best friend :?

One time I dreamt I knew John Kerry. I saw him at the grocery store and he bought me a pack of gum.

Another time I was shopping with Bill Cosby and he bought me a wedding present!??!

So bizarre :|
SpiritFngrz
I live here

Postby msvette2u » March 2nd, 2006, 12:06 pm

Does Paris buy you stuff?? We may be onto something here... LOL
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
msvette2u
I live here

Postby SpiritFngrz » March 2nd, 2006, 12:07 pm

wouldn't that be nice? I know right, so so weird. It's kind of entertaining because dreams like that make me laugh
SpiritFngrz
I live here

Postby Insomnia » March 2nd, 2006, 12:41 pm

speaking of weird dreams......I was reading the book 'Liber Null & Psychonaut' by Pete Caroll......man, that was a weird week. It's a book about magick....basically, I was attempting to astral travel, practicing gnosticsm and sigil casting and all that crazy stuff. Boy, the dreams were seriously messed up and vivid, I was seeing my dead relatives and I could seriously fly anywhere, but I couldn't control it. I can't say I was successful in astral travel, but I was seriously like almost there, it scared the crap outta me and I had to stop reading that kinda stuff for a while.

I was always skeptical about that kinda stuff, but after that one week experience, I'm a believer. I started noticing magical events in my daily life......however, it scared the crap outta me, the dreams...
Insomnia
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby Emi » March 2nd, 2006, 12:45 pm

I dream that I pull out my own teeth .. :| :noWay:
Emi
Full of Bully

Postby Malli » March 2nd, 2006, 1:06 pm

omg, the weirdest dreams!

I've had LOTS this week, mine were all kinda of super bad though... and some of them were continuations of dreams I'd had weeks ago...

Malli
Malli
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby cheekymunkee » March 2nd, 2006, 1:56 pm

Insomnia wrote:speaking of weird dreams......I was reading the book 'Liber Null & Psychonaut' by Pete Caroll......man, that was a weird week. It's a book about magick....basically, I was attempting to astral travel, practicing gnosticsm and sigil casting and all that crazy stuff. Boy, the dreams were seriously messed up and vivid, I was seeing my dead relatives and I could seriously fly anywhere, but I couldn't control it. I can't say I was successful in astral travel, but I was seriously like almost there, it scared the crap outta me and I had to stop reading that kinda stuff for a while.

I was always skeptical about that kinda stuff, but after that one week experience, I'm a believer. I started noticing magical events in my daily life......however, it scared the crap outta me, the dreams...

What were you on & can you send me some? :wink:

I dreamed once that I had lost Munkee & no one would help me look for him. About a month later or so ( hard to tell in the dream how long it was) I was at some dumpy motel talking to the Kinks in the parking lot & he walks up. He's dirty & skinny but otherwise just fine. It was in a different city too, don't know how he got there. :|

I very seldom remember dreams, it is rare I get enough sleep to actually have dreams.
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby Blitzkrieg Staffords » March 2nd, 2006, 3:03 pm

SpiritFngrz wrote:OMG for the past week I have had the most bizarre dreams- for a week straight. Every night they are very vivid and I remember them when I wake up.

What are your weird/funny dreams?

A couple times I have dreamt that Paris Hilton is my best friend :?

One time I dreamt I knew John Kerry. I saw him at the grocery store and he bought me a pack of gum.

Another time I was shopping with Bill Cosby and he bought me a wedding present!??!

So bizarre :|

Your brain is telling you that you watch too much tv. :lol3:
Blitzkrieg Staffords
Just Whelped

Postby SisMorphine » March 2nd, 2006, 3:10 pm

I had a dream in high school that Mick Jagger took me out to dinner. When I woke up it was still so real that I ran to my mothers room to tell her about the night I had. But once I woke her up I realized it was just a dream and felt like an idiot.
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Postby Purple » March 2nd, 2006, 8:21 pm

My dreams are usually scifi fantasy, in bright colors....I have had a few in black and white, like the one where I was walking thru a wasteland, there was smoke coming up from the ground, there were animal skulls littering the ground, the trees were leafless and black, the grass was tall, sparse and black, and as I was standing there, looking around, a voice whispered in my ear, "this is hell". I smelled a nasty odor (my husband or dog probably farted), and I woke up....the dream was with me all day, it was so vivid.
I can usually pull myself from my dreams, I can tell myself that this is only a dream and "watch" it, but this one I just let myself into it...very wierd. I am satan's child, I am sure of it now... :twisted:
Purple
I live here

Postby JCleve86 » March 2nd, 2006, 8:35 pm

I went through a WIERD phase of dreams in early junior high...there was a lot of stress in my life, and I've blocked most of them...

I had one where I was watching my brand new baby cousin, carrying him to my third story apartment. He shrunk to the size of about a credit card and in one version, I dropped him and stepped on him. In another, I dropped him and he landed on his head and broke his neck, but somehow I managed to fix him good as new before my aunt/his mom picked him up. :|

In another millisecond dream, one of our neighbors threw my cat against the apartment building and she smushed onto the wall. :shock:

In a few others, Chucky was trying to kill my family, specifically my mom, and in another we were being stalked by killer ducks (we used to live right next to a pond where lots of ducks lived). In still another, the X-Men killed my entire family except for one of my aunts.

I wouldn't be too worried about YOUR dreams. lol
JCleve86
Confident Young Bully

Postby Purple » March 2nd, 2006, 8:54 pm

Wow, I dreamed about this huge snake that lived under our patio....I am not going to even get into what happened here.....
Purple
I live here

Postby JCleve86 » March 2nd, 2006, 9:12 pm

lol

My brother reminded me of one that I told him about when we were young where the family dog (that we didn't own?) went out with my brother and I one night. We decided to steal a car, and the dog drove. Than we got pulled over and the dog goes "Oh SH*T!"

That one was slightly less disturbing.

I would love a psychologist to analyze all of our dreams here. Especially the snake under the deck... :noWay:
JCleve86
Confident Young Bully

Postby Insomnia » March 3rd, 2006, 10:41 am

cheekymunkee wrote:
Insomnia wrote:speaking of weird dreams......I was reading the book 'Liber Null & Psychonaut' by Pete Caroll......man, that was a weird week. It's a book about magick....basically, I was attempting to astral travel, practicing gnosticsm and sigil casting and all that crazy stuff. Boy, the dreams were seriously messed up and vivid, I was seeing my dead relatives and I could seriously fly anywhere, but I couldn't control it. I can't say I was successful in astral travel, but I was seriously like almost there, it scared the crap outta me and I had to stop reading that kinda stuff for a while.

What were you on & can you send me some? :wink:

I dreamed once that I had lost Munkee & no one would help me look for him. About a month later or so ( hard to tell in the dream how long it was) I was at some dumpy motel talking to the Kinks in the parking lot & he walks up. He's dirty & skinny but otherwise just fine. It was in a different city too, don't know how he got there. :|

I very seldom remember dreams, it is rare I get enough sleep to actually have dreams.

:P

Try eating a few slices of cheese right before going to bed.

Let us know of the result! :D
Insomnia
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby Purple » March 3rd, 2006, 11:21 am

cheese makes me poop......
Purple
I live here

Postby SpiritFngrz » March 3rd, 2006, 12:52 pm

no cheese is supposed to bind you up!! :P :!:

Lys...we must have weird fantasies about celebrities.

Other dreams I have had that don't involve celebrities, involve animals.
One time I dreamt we were stuck in the house and a lion was trying to get inside (I must have just watched Jumanji)

I once dreamt that I had a baby. I put it to bed (its bed was on the stove) then it turned into a rabbit and hopped away.

Has anyone had a dream where they wanted to scream but no sound came out? When I was a kid I used to dream that I would hear a noise in the basement, and go investigate it, only there were no lights, I was in the dark, and unable to scream or run. I hate those ones.
SpiritFngrz
I live here

Postby JCleve86 » March 3rd, 2006, 2:18 pm

Yep I used to have those ALL the time. If my pop-psychology is right, it indicates a feeling of lack of control in one's life?

I also to this day have chase dreams (someone or something is chasing me) and all of a sudden I have the ability to fly. Usually's it's more like a RUUUUUN LEAP and sail, than land and do it over type of thing. Very wierd, but so fun. I'm also able to wake myself up from dreams and/or "watch" them (lucid dreaming, kind of), and usually for these ones I make sure I stay asleep...they are so fun!

I used to have those endless falling dreams too, and then you wake up to a jolt, like you actually DID just fall...it's such a freaky feeling...anybody else have that?
JCleve86
Confident Young Bully

Postby SpiritFngrz » March 3rd, 2006, 2:22 pm

absolutely, i hate falling ones
SpiritFngrz
I live here

Postby cheekymunkee » March 3rd, 2006, 2:25 pm

I used to have those endless falling dreams too, and then you wake up to a jolt, like you actually DID just fall...it's such a freaky feeling...anybody else have that?

All the time. I used to have a recurring dream of my mom & I being in a huge department store, all of a sudden she is gone. The place is packed & I see her heading out the door so I go out to the sidewalk, the sidewalk is FULL of people, I can see her moving through the crowd & I am yelling for her & she keeps walking. Then all of a sudden everyone is gone & I am all alone. :|

I had a really cool dream last night ( I actually got 8 hours sleep) but I cannot remember it. I woke up & thought about eriting it down but went back to sleep & forgot it.
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby Insomnia » March 3rd, 2006, 6:29 pm

Usually's it's more like a RUUUUUN LEAP and sail, than land and do it over type of thing. Very wierd, but so fun.

Wow, I dream I can fly all the time!! Exactly like you described, run, leap and sail!! The dream seem so real so it's really fun! Is there an explanation for this?

I use to have dreams of falling too, but not for the past 10 years, I've been flying ever since the falling dreams stopped.
Insomnia
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Next

Return to Off-Topic