its been a rough week

Everything that doesn't fit anywhere else!

Postby Maryellen » February 21st, 2006, 7:45 pm

i am not usually one to complain, but i feel though that today i have to. a week ago today i took my dad to the hospital.. he has been in ever since. for those that dont know my dad, which is probably all of you, he has a history of heart problems. a triple bypass 25 years ago, a double bypass 15 years ago, 3 years ago a pacemaker/defibilator put in, and another heart surgery...

well thursday they did an angioplasty to try to clear his one artery that is working partially. they cant put a stint in or blow out the vein as its too damaged..

today they tried going into his stomach to take a stomach vein and attach it to his heart.. that failed.his heart and veins are so damaged that the doctor stopped the surgery as it was too risky and he didnt want my dad to die on the operating table.. the dr gave me and my momthe bad news today while we were there waiting..

so now, nothing can be done for him.. he has one artery that is partially working, that will eventually close.. once that happens he will die... i am a total basket case right now.. i cant deal with this.. so i wont be on the forum that much.. i will pop in occasionally until he comes home next week, then i will be taking it from there.. it really sucks when your folks get old and sic.k. my mom has cancer, so i am trying to hold up the family by myself.. :(
Maryellen
I live here

Postby Purple » February 21st, 2006, 7:50 pm

You'll be in my thoughts, MaryEllen.
Purple
I live here

Postby cheekymunkee » February 21st, 2006, 7:51 pm

Awww Maryellen, I am so sorry about this. :hug3: You have my number if you need to talk. My dad passed away from cancer 14 years ago, my mom of an aortic aneurysm 11 years. It's tough. It's hard. i am here if you need me.
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby msvette2u » February 21st, 2006, 8:20 pm

:groupHug: I'm so sorry you're having to go through this...we'll be here for you, ME.
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
msvette2u
I live here

Postby DemoDick » February 21st, 2006, 8:24 pm

I'm very sorry to hear this.

Demo Dick
"My first priority will be to reinstate the assault weapons ban PERMANENTLY as soon as I take office...I intend to work with Congress on a national no carry law, 1 gun a month purchase limits, and bans on all semi-automatic guns."-Barack Obama
"When in doubt, whip it out."-Nuge
DemoDick
They Like to Fondle My Gun

Postby pocketpit » February 21st, 2006, 8:38 pm

:groupHug:
pocketpit
Supremely Bully

Postby luvmyangels » February 21st, 2006, 8:44 pm

I am so sorry to hear what is going on. I wish you and your family all the best. You will be in our prayers.
I am "The Rat Queen".

Have a great day!! :)

Mary Ann & The Furry Bunch:
Cookie & Knuckles
Rabbit: Butterscotch
The Rattie Bunch: Girls: Noodle & Raisin Boys: Gus, Melvin, Oliver, & Toby
luvmyangels
I live here

Postby Romanwild » February 21st, 2006, 8:51 pm

My mom is 82 and my dad is 76 and I think about it everyday. Please give me a call if you want to talk.

You're in my thoughts.
Romanwild
I live here

Postby Jesseca » February 21st, 2006, 8:56 pm

Oh Maryellen I'm so sorry. Please let me know if I can help in any way. :itsOK: My parents are only in their 50s and I stress about it now.
Jesseca
Devoutly Bully

Postby Sue » February 21st, 2006, 8:58 pm

My thoughts are with you and your family :groupHug:
Sue
Bull Meister

Postby bullymommy » February 21st, 2006, 9:16 pm

ME i am so sorry to hear that you are going thru a rough time with your parents!!! my parents are still young only 65 and 58 but i do think about the future and i cant imagine how i will be reacting if i am ever in the postition that you are in with your family!!! my thoughts and well wishes go to you and yours!!!! :hug3:
bullymommy
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby Judy » February 21st, 2006, 10:22 pm

Sorry to hear that, Maryellen. Your family will be in my prayers.
Judy
Loyally Bully

Postby Maryellen » February 21st, 2006, 10:27 pm

thank you everyone for your kind words.. i just called the CCU unit and they are still trying to wake my dad up from his surgery today... i am now more worried, as they havent been able to wake him up... they want to start taking him off the ventilator but they need him awake to wean him off of it.. so now i am more of a basket case then ever.... it means ALOT to me that you are all giving me words of encouragement, and i greatly and deeply appreciate it..
Maryellen
I live here

Postby cheekymunkee » February 21st, 2006, 10:50 pm

Try to stay calm Maryellen. Just take things as they come, that's about all you can really do.
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby concreterose » February 21st, 2006, 11:10 pm

Maryellen, you and your parents are in my prayers tonight. Hang in there, I know it must be terribly hard for you to deal with this.
concreterose
Loyally Bully

Postby GreddyGirl » February 22nd, 2006, 12:33 am

You are in our thoughts ME.
GreddyGirl
Confident Young Bully

Postby mnp13 » February 22nd, 2006, 1:07 am

I'm sorry I didn't see this sooner....

I hope things go smoothly so he makes it out of the hospital soon.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby turtle » February 22nd, 2006, 1:17 am

Oh Maryellen I am so sorry to read this. You and your parents will be in my thoughts and I hope things improve for your dad.
-------------------------------------------------------

I may be slow but I get there - a turtle's motto
turtle
Loyally Bully

Postby CinderDee » February 22nd, 2006, 1:34 am

ME, I'm so sorry to hear this. :( Is it possible to use a vein from his leg?

You and your parents are in my thoughts. *hugs*
Dee
CinderDee
I'm The Bug Whisperer

Postby panda » February 22nd, 2006, 1:54 am

:groupHug: lots and lots of hugs to you, Maryellen, as you deal with this painful situation with your folks.

My most positive thoughts and prayers are with you and your parents and am hoping he wakes up soon.

Christa
Dead Dog Walking Pit Bull Rescue
http://deaddogwalkingpitbullrescue.org/
panda
Loyally Bully

Next

Return to Off-Topic