SB0139 - SB0143 Tennessee

Pits in the news and info on Breed Specific Legislation.

Postby cheekymunkee » February 2nd, 2007, 12:32 pm

The bills in their entirely can be found by clicking on the links below and then bill number in the top of each page, i.e., *SB0139 by *Jackson. (HB0106 by *Shepard.)

SB0139 Increases punishment for the offense of owning a dog running at large and provides staggered punishments for such offense depending upon the amount of damage or injury to another caused by the dog at large.

SB0140 Enhances the punishment for the offense of dog running at large if the dog was trained to fight, attack or kill, had a prior history of biting people, or the owner knew of the dangerous nature of the dog.

SB0141 Increases from Class C to Class A misdemeanor the punishment for the offense of being present as a spectator at an animal fight

SB0142 Creates Class E felony offense of failing to take all available means to terminate a dog attack on another and a Class A misdemeanor offense of failing to take all available means to terminate a justified dog attack on another once the threat no longer exists

SB0143 Imposes liability upon owner of a dog that causes injury to another regardless of whether the dog had any past propensity for viciousness or whether the owner had knowledge of the dog's viciousness.

Jodi Preis
Bless the Bullys Pit Bull Rescue & Education
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Return to Pit Bull news and BSL