$5,000 Reward Offered in Sexual Attack of Pit-Bull Puppy

Pits in the news and info on Breed Specific Legislation.

Postby cheekymunkee » January 16th, 2007, 6:53 pm

I don't know how they get pit bull from looking at the pics. :|

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,243998,00.html

A $5,000 reward is being offered in the search for a suspect Tuesday in a sexual assault of a 10-month-old pit-bull puppy in New Jersey.

Police discovered the dog, apparently sodomized by a local resident, Tuesday and notified the Associated Humane Societies of Newark.

The animal was hospitalized for internal bleeding after the attack, the AHS told FOXNews.com.

"The dog was so traumatized, she didn’t even want to get up," said Rosanne Trezza, executive director of the AHS. "She wouldn’t walk, she just laid down."

AHS has posted a reward fund of $2,500 and the N.J. Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals has met the $2,500, totaling $5,000 for the arrest and bestiality conviction of the perpetrator.

According to Trezza, two women witnessed a man having intercourse with the dog but refused to get involved.

"I'd like to get the dog a home, it’s a stray, and no one has come forward," Trezza said. "I wouldn’t want it to go back to that area. The dog needs a chance to be put on a different road in life."

The AHS welcomes donations toward the dog's medical care, and anyone with information about the crime should call Trezza at 973-824-7080.

There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby iluvk9 » January 16th, 2007, 7:29 pm

Another sick human among us. :(

I hope the two "witnesses", who didn't get involved, sleep real well at night....The VERY least they could have done is call 911.
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby Marinepits » January 16th, 2007, 7:54 pm

Sounds to me like the perpetrator is another serial killer in the making. :nono:
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby msvette2u » January 16th, 2007, 9:21 pm

:cry: :cry: :cry:
msvette2u
I live here

Postby katiek0417 » January 17th, 2007, 2:28 pm

How appalling.... how does someone do that? And how do people sit by and watch? :cry:
katiek0417
pointy ear hoarder

Postby luvmypitties » January 17th, 2007, 3:37 pm

That is so sad!! What is his world coming to?
Tina
Our thoughts and prayers are with Mick and Christine! We love you both!

RIP my precious Noah! You are greatly missed and still so loved!!! 7-12-06-- 2-21-07
RIP Abby! I always loved you!
luvmypitties
I live here

Postby mnp13 » January 17th, 2007, 4:17 pm

I keep thinking about this... how could ANYONE see this and ignore it??

But look at all the people who have watched dogs get beaten to death and just urned their backs?

A couple of years ago a guy chased an American Bulldog through a town and beat it to death with a baseball bat. He was caught on tape in a laundry mat dragging the dog back out into the street. The poor dog had gone in there to get away from the attacker. I guess the police were eventually called, but not fast enough. The dog lived, but the owners put it down due to the injuries he sustained.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Return to Pit Bull news and BSL