My Dog Votes Announces 1st National Political Survey

Pits in the news and info on Breed Specific Legislation.

Postby Mahlon » October 31st, 2006, 9:59 am

of Dog Owners Results

**please cross post this press release, and forward to your local "hometown" newspapers

http://www.transworldnews.com/NewsStory.aspx?storyid=10386&ret=Default.aspx

Survey Confirms Dog Owners May Be Key To Outcome Of Local Elections
October 30, 2006 10/30/2006 3:28 AM GMT (TransWorldNews)

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE Contact: Barbara Haywood

Phone: 201-396-0974

Email: info@mydogvotes.com

MY DOG VOTESâ„¢ ANNOUNCES RESULTS OF

FIRST NATIONWIDE POLITICAL OPINION SURVEY OF DOG OWNERS

Dog Owners May Be Key To Outcome Of Local Elections

New York, NY - October 30, 2006 My Dog Votesâ„¢ Brand T-Shirts, the company with a mission of Saving Dogs & Democracyâ„¢, announced today the results of the first nationwide political survey of dog owners. The My Dog Votesâ„¢ Voter Opinion Survey pulsed the political opinions, levels of civic engagement, and probed voting trends of dog owners, who comprise nearly half of all U.S. households.

A key finding of the My Dog Votes™ Voter Opinion survey showed that a whopping 98.6% of the dog owners said a candidate’s position or track record on dog-related laws and policy would influence their vote in a local or state election. Dog ownership cuts across political, social and economic barriers.

The My Dog Votesâ„¢ Voter Opinion Survey, administered late last year with results complied in early March, sought to validate the hypothesis that dog owners are a viable, cultural political constituency in local or state elections, and measure the political impact of local legislation, policy and issues that negatively effect dog ownership, as well as provide insight to key factors that motivate voter participation by dog owners.

Conducted online, the My Dog Votes™ Voter Opinion Survey sampled the opinions of over 1000 dog owners. Dog owners answered 118 questions on topics such as homeowner’s insurance discrimination, breed bans, weight and size restrictions, pet limit laws, public space bans, and mandatory microchipping laws.

The survey respondents, primarily women between the ages of 25 – 54, represented an almost even split of political party affiliations, with 34.5% identifying as Democrats, 31.6% Republican, 15.3% Independent, and 2% Libertarian. The remaining dog owners included 1.7% Green Party, 14.3% who identified no party affiliation at all, and 2.3% answered “Other.â€
Mahlon
Just Whelped

Return to Pit Bull news and BSL