Montreal, QC, Canada and BSL/SPCA

Pits in the news and info on Breed Specific Legislation.

Postby call2arms » June 12th, 2011, 11:25 pm

Montreal has seen a lot of action (good and awful) lately, and after a very controversial documentary about one of our local city-contracted pounds (boroughs choose which shelter/pound they wish to contract), changes had to be made (look up Berger Blanc in Montreal and you'll see how Quebec is ridiculous concerning animal treatments)...

Following that documentary many boroughs have discontinued their contract with Berger Blanc and their only choice is pretty much the SPCA. Boroughs which choose to stay with Berger Blanc are very badly viewed by the population. Taking advantage of this wind of change, the Montreal SPCA has now chosen not to service any boroughs with breed-specific laws or pit bull bans. Yay for a step forward when many boroughs are tempted to change their rules.

Now this sort of suck because any pit bulls seized or ending up at Berger Blanc will have a pretty horrible future (or death), but on the other side it's great for lost/found pit bulls of the other parts of town who can get a slightly more fair chance at adoption/being held so that their owners can find them.
“Your birth is a mistake you'll spend your whole life trying to correct.” Chuck Palahniuk

I love pus but I hate people.

I can say words like undifferentiated gonads now!
call2arms
Boys Stink

Return to Pit Bull news and BSL