BSL in OHIO

Pits in the news and info on Breed Specific Legislation.

Postby Prestons Dad » December 6th, 2009, 10:54 pm

I am calling all Ohio pit bull owners as there is a very important bill that is dying soon pertaining to our wonderful four legged companions. Ohio House Bill 79 was introduced by State Representative Sears that will, if passed, remove the Breed Specific language in our state law that states---

"Vicious dog" means a dog that, without provocation and subject to division (A)(4)(b) of this section, meets any of the following:

(iii) Belongs to a breed that is commonly known as a pit bull dog. The ownership, keeping, or harboring of such a breed of dog shall be prima-facie evidence of the ownership, keeping, or harboring of a vicious dog.

We are the only state in the U.S that has Breed Specific language in our state law and this allows people of political power and local dog wardens to discriminate against us and our beloved family pets. We must call/write/email our State Representatives and make them change this law and it starts with pressuring the passing of Ohio H.B. 79.

If you are an Ohio resident or know someone who is that has a "pit bull", please email me immediately. Our pets lives depend on us to protect them from harms way...both physically and legislatively.

This is a very serious situation we have in Ohio, and we cannot afford to lie down any longer and procrastinate. We all know, BSL spreads like wild fire, I fear that I will again have to move to keep my boy as

Sincerely,

Jeff Theman
River Fire Films, LLC

riverfirefilms@gmail.com
Prestons Dad
Just Whelped

Return to Pit Bull news and BSL