Can I get your opinion on this ordinance?

Pits in the news and info on Breed Specific Legislation.

Postby odnarb » May 12th, 2009, 9:17 pm

http://www.cityofspiritlake.org/pdfs/do ... inance.pdf

Well, obviously it sucks! But, this IS a step up, as this town used to have an outright ban on the breed. I do not live in this town, but it is near me.

My question is, would you feel comfortable, as a non-resident, bringing your dog muzzled to an event here? This town has some cool dog friendly events, and in a town that hasn't seen many Pit Bulls at all as they have been banned for years (and aren't even that popular here in the first place), it might be nice for people to see friendly Pit Bulls out in public.

As a side note, Grant is likely to start making headlines soon in this town's paper. We are planning on starting a "Reading to Dogs" program at the library. It will actually be a "Read to Grant" program, as he is the only dog involved. The town my library is in shares a paper with this town. Since we are the place that spawned Dewey the Library Cat, the local media is going to eat this alive. Dewey was constantly front page news, and I'm sure Grant will be as well.
Aimee
Grant the Library Dog
Harry the Hellhound
http://www.odnarb.com
odnarb
Loyally Bully

Postby amazincc » May 12th, 2009, 10:37 pm

odnarb wrote:
My question is, would you feel comfortable, as a non-resident, bringing your dog muzzled to an event here? This town has some cool dog friendly events, and in a town that hasn't seen many Pit Bulls at all as they have been banned for years (and aren't even that popular here in the first place), it might be nice for people to see friendly Pit Bulls out in public.

Personally... it would REALLY bother me to have to muzzle my dog. Especially a friendly one. :rolleyes2:

BSL sucks. :bs:
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby odnarb » May 12th, 2009, 10:49 pm

amazincc wrote:
odnarb wrote:

Personally... it would REALLY bother me to have to muzzle my dog. Especially a friendly one. :rolleyes2:

BSL sucks. :bs:

I'm picturing him wearing both the muzzle and his "pet me I'm friendly" vest.
Aimee
Grant the Library Dog
Harry the Hellhound
http://www.odnarb.com
odnarb
Loyally Bully

Postby amazincc » May 12th, 2009, 10:55 pm

odnarb wrote:
I'm picturing him wearing both the muzzle and his "pet me I'm friendly" vest.

lol
You know the odds are not in favor of the petting, right? :bite:

I hope you guys have fun, regardless - and make sure to take pics! :)
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby Malli » May 13th, 2009, 3:55 am

I'd have issues muzzling my dog.

I think people see the muzzle and thats it, judgement made. For Pete's sake, lots of people even think Halti's and Gentle Leaders are muzzles :rolleyes2:

But, if you think that it will help and it won't kill Grant's "spirit" or what have you to wear it, then a dog wearing a muzzle with a wagging tail would probably make a point to those who want to listen.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day, tomorrow doesn't look good either.
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby Jenn » May 13th, 2009, 9:09 am

Agreed with Malli
I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure....
Jenn
undecided

Return to Pit Bull news and BSL