Yorkie Killed During Attack By 2 Pit Bulls

Pits in the news and info on Breed Specific Legislation.

Postby LaylaMommy » March 9th, 2009, 12:37 pm

I hate when they put incidents on the news. It will do nothing but fuel the fire.

http://wjz.com/local/yorkie.pitbull.2.953229.html
Yorkie Killed During Attack By 2 Pit Bulls
Reporting
Tim Williams
PIKESVILLE, Md. (WJZ) ―

A Baltimore County family is coping with the death of their small dog after two pit bulls attacked it last week.

It happened at a Pikesville apartment complex.

As Tim Williams reports, an investigation is underway into why the pit bulls were on the premises at all.

Jonathan Linder brandished the leash he had in his hands during the attack. Nicks on that leash are a reminder of the traumatic events.

Linder held the leash as he walked his mother's beloved Yorkshire terrier-Maltese mix named Lady.

"Outta nowhere, two pit bulls came out of this area and ran up on me real fast," said Linder. "Out of shock, I picked Lady up, my mom's dog, and cuffed her."

It was 1:30 a.m. Tuesday, the daily routine. There was snow on the ground, so Linder opted to walk Lady instead of his mother.

They took the walk just outside of the apartment's front.

That's when the two dogs, now in the custody of Animal Control, charged out of the darkness and began their attack.

Linder punched one of them.

"As I was reaching my hand back from hitting her, the male dog took Lady (from) up under my arm and started shaking her real fast and hard," said Linder.

In an affidavit, Linder describes how the pit bulls' owner came racing to the scene from his fourth floor apartment after letting the dogs roam free.

He also says he could tell Lady was dead immediately after the fight.

Lady's owner Elise Walker has nightmares about the attack.

"Be responsible. Be responsible for your pets. You know you have an aggressive animal, you should be aware of your pets," said Walker.

"We're going to court. We want everybody to know that if you have these type of dogs, if they're prohibited, don't have them," said Linder.

In fact, just days after the attack, management circulated a list of restricted breeds to tenants. It reminded them that while it's a pet-friendly community, no dog should should be off-leash or left unattended.

At the top of the restricted breeds is the American Pit Bull Terrier.

Animal Control will determine the fate of the pit bulls. Meanwhile, their owner has been given 30 days to move from his apartment.

(© MMIX, CBS Broadcasting Inc. All Rights Reserved.)
Jenny - Follow me on Twitter! http://www.twitter.com/jenniferm1702

A Dog is the only thing on this earth, that Loves You more than he Loves Himself...

Proud Mommy of Jake the Super Special Rottie, Layla the bouncing Pit Bull, and Bella the Wonder-Kid!
LaylaMommy
Just Whelped

Postby Moe » March 11th, 2009, 6:13 pm

Ugh... :( Why do people have to be so irresponsible... :cry:
You laugh because I'm different...........
I laugh cause I just farted!
Moe
The Dog Whisperererer

Return to Pit Bull news and BSL