Ice now Sarge makes a FULL recovery

Pits in the news and info on Breed Specific Legislation.

Postby LMM » February 5th, 2009, 2:13 pm

It’s been almost 3 months since a 3-year-old pitbull named Ice was found near death, chained and imprisoned in an attic in a Berkeley, WV home. He’d been starved to skin and bones, mouth duct-taped and chained closed, he had open sores on his body and he’d been beaten often and repeatedly. He weighed only 42 lbs. Animal control officers called it one of the worst cases of animal abuse they’d ever seen. There was no doubt that the abuse had been ongoing for some time.

Ice’s owners, Randall Siford, Jr. and Breshannon Devereux, were arrested and charges with felony animal cruelty which carries a maximum five-year sentence in West Virginia.

Siford and Devereux have yet to face the music for the horrific cruelties they meted out to that defenseless and innocent dog. Siford’s case has been forwarded to circuit court while Devereaux is scheduled to appear before a magistrate judge later this month.

As for Ice, he is doing wonderful and has recovered pretty much completely from the abuse he endured. He now weighs a healthy 67 lbs and is happy, spunky and healthy. And best of all, he has a new name, Sarge, a new home and a family that just loves and adores him. A month ago Rusty and Cindy Scaljon adopted him. He will always bear some physical scars but hopefully with much TLC and some time, he will bear no emotional scars.

“He’s a perfect, happy dog now. You wouldn’t even know that he was in the type of condition he was when we first saw him. It’s just amazing to see how well he’s done,” said Becky Jencks with Martinsburg City Hospital.

Humane officers say no matter the outcome of the case, Ice will never be returned to his previous owners.

What a wonderfully happy ending for this sweet boy. I have been following this since it happened in November and for some reason it was just one of those stories that hit me so hard, just imagining the suffering that poor dog went through at the hands of those monsters. Even being sentenced to the max will not even begin to come close to anything that amounts to justice for what Randall Siford, Jr. and Breshannon Devereux did!

There is a video in this link that shows his full recovery. What a gorgeous boy he is! I am SO happy he is safe and in a loving home. He totally deserves it.

http://fortheloveofthedogblog.com/Vid/A ... _Abuse.wmv
LMM
I'll Kick Your Ass

Postby Pit♥bull » February 5th, 2009, 2:59 pm

Enjoy that happy forever home Sarge.... Ya see, not everyone is bad
:goodthoughts:
Pit♥bull
Supremely Bully

Postby iluvk9 » February 5th, 2009, 8:30 pm

Good for Sarge!! :)
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!