Omaha, NE Carly Spring Talks About the Pit Bull Attack

Pits in the news and info on Breed Specific Legislation.

Postby cheekymunkee » June 28th, 2008, 1:35 am

Carly Spring Talks About the Pit Bull Attack

Posted: June 26, 2008 08:58 PM CDT

Updated: June 26, 2008 10:11 PM CDT

Nabil Molai

OMAHA (KPTM) - Four people are recovering on Thursday after Wednesday's pit bull attack. Carly Spring and her 17-month-old son were released Wednesday night from the hospital with minor injuries.

It was a walk they've taken over and over again. Enjoying the weather pulling the kids in this red wagon. But on Wednesday afternoon, a pit bull changed that.

Carly Spring says they saw a pit bull on a leash across the street, they stopped walking just in case.

Carly says, "The dog just shooped his head out and no problem getting out of his leash, no struggle." Still Carly says they're weren't too worried. "The dog didn't even run at us, it just walked up to us."

That's when the pit bull attacked. Carly says, "The dog just came up and grabbed a hold of Cade's chest and took the whole wagon down, and I jumped in the middle and got attacked."

It bit Carly in the hand and little Cade on his sides. But the dog didn't stop there. It then turned on the fifteen-month-old girl, Charlotte Blevins and her mother Wendy.

"When the dog was attacking Charlotte, Wendy attacked the dog to get him off Charlotte." Carly says, "She just jumped on the dog and started wrestling him."

It took minutes, but to Carly it felt like hours to get the dog off of Charlotte.

"It was just carnage and blood, it was just horrible, just horrible. I still don't believe that it's possible that it happened," Carly says.

Carly and Cade are doing better. Right now they say their focus is on 15-month-old Charlotte Blevins who's still in the hospital.

They fell pit bulls should be illegal to own and that there needs to be more laws to prevent something like this from happening again.

http://www.kptm.com/Global/story.asp?S=8562972

Jodi Preis
Bless the Bullys
Education...Awareness...Advocacy
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Return to Pit Bull news and BSL