Weslaco, TX CPS Talking to Family of Dog Attack Victim

Pits in the news and info on Breed Specific Legislation.

Postby cheekymunkee » June 24th, 2008, 9:55 pm

CPS Talking to Family of Dog Attack Victim
Friday , June 20, 2008 Posted: 06:07 PM

Agency investigated boy's mother last year

WESLACO - Investigators with Child Protective Services are talking to relatives of a 5-year-old boy killed in a dog attack.

Pablo Hernandez was killed by a pit bull on Wednesday night. It happened at the home of his aunt, uncle, and grandmother.

CPS workers tell us they step in any time there's a death involving a child. But NEWSCHANNEL 5 learned this isn't the first time CPS has been called in to investigate.

The agency investigated the 5-year-old's mother last July. Then she moved away.

We learned the boy's grandmother actually had custody of him and his siblings. The children have been living with her and their aunt and uncle for the last year.

The Hidalgo County Sheriff's Office is also investigating the incident. So far, no charges have been filed.

It's still not known what kind of action, if any, CPS will take.

http://www.newschannel5.tv/2008/6/20/99 ... ack-Victim

Jodi Preis
Bless the Bullys
Education...Awareness...Advocacy
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby cheekymunkee » June 24th, 2008, 10:00 pm

Deputies: No Signs of Negligence in Fatal Pit Bull Attack

Friday , June 20, 2008 Posted: 01:17 PM

Victim's uncle said dog was for protection

WESLACO - Criminal charges may not be filed in a deadly pit bull attack in Weslaco.

At this point, sheriff's deputies haven't found any signs of negligence. They say there's no evidence 5-year-old Pablo Hernandez's aunt and uncle did anything wrong. The case could be ruled an accident.

If that happens, no one will be face criminal charges for the boy's death.

Hernandez was killed Wednesday night. The young boy had been staying with a relative, while his parents were away.

The 5-year-old's uncle tells NEWSCHANNEL 5 he owned the dog and kept if for protection, because he felt there wasn't enough police presence or street lights where they lived.

The boy's mother has been away in Washington and his dad is in Mexico. They're expected to return to the Valley soon.

The pit bull that attacked Hernandez is currently in the Palm Valley Humane Society. He'll be quarantined for 10 days. After that, authorities will decide if it will be put to sleep

http://www.newschannel5.tv/2008/6/20/99 ... ull-Attack

Jodi Preis
Bless the Bullys
Education...Awareness...Advocacy
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Return to Pit Bull news and BSL