Saskatchewan, Canada community adopts rules on aggressive

Pits in the news and info on Breed Specific Legislation.

Postby cheekymunkee » June 20th, 2008, 3:45 pm

Sask. community adopts rules on aggressive dogs after mauling that injured girl, 5

8 hours ago

DELISLE, Sask. — A Saskatchewan community has adopted a new animal control bylaw in the wake of a dog mauling that seriously injured a five-year-old girl last January.

Mark Dubkowksi, the chief administrator in Delisle, Sask., says the bylaw aims to strike a balance between the rights of dog owners and protection of the public.

Under the bylaw, dog owners can be compelled to put up signs warning of an aggressive dog, and can also be forced to put up a dog run on private property to house an aggressive dog.

Owners can also be compelled to repair fences, gates or faulty locks or latches.

The girl was attacked by a Rottweiler cross in a neighbour's yard after she and her brother let themselves into the back yard.

The community refused to consider a ban on certain breeds of dogs.

http://canadianpress.google.com/article ... dW6CjmmzAQ

Jodi Preis
Bless the Bullys
Education...Awareness...Advocacy
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby Malli » June 20th, 2008, 8:26 pm

The community refused to consider a ban on certain breeds of dogs.

:clap:
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day, tomorrow doesn't look good either.
E-I-E-I-O!

Return to Pit Bull news and BSL