MILWAUKEE boy is recovering from a skull fracture and brain

Pits in the news and info on Breed Specific Legislation.

Postby cheekymunkee » June 5th, 2008, 11:21 pm

A 17-year-old Milwaukee boy is recovering from a skull fracture and brain swelling after running from rottweiler

MILWAUKEE -- A 17-year-old Milwaukee teen is recovering at Children's Hospital after a run-in with a rottweiler, but he was never attacked or bitten.

Kennedy Dugger Junior was walking near the 42-hundred block of North 40th when a rottweiler tied to a tree broke loose. Dugger and his friend began to run.

"He was looking back at the dog running, he hit the tree, and then fell on the concrete," said Dequon Roquemore, who was not injured during the incident.

Dugger's father says he suffered a skull fracture and brain swelling when his face hit the tree and he was knocked unconscious onto the street. When the dog caught up to the boy, she began to lick him.

"She just knew he was hurt. That's why. All the kids play with the dog," said the dog's owner Melveretta Bradford.

Dugger Sr. says his son has been awake and talking. Doctors will continue to assess the boy's brain swelling and progress. His father says he may return home by the weekend.

"He's talking and wants to come home. But I told him to get his rest. He'll recover faster that way," Dugger Sr. said.

Police say they have issued a citation since the rottweiler was loose and not behind a fence. Dugger Sr. says he believes the whole incident was a freak accident.

http://www.cbs58.com/index.php?aid=3058
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Return to Pit Bull news and BSL