Pit bull conflict ends in man's death

Pits in the news and info on Breed Specific Legislation.

Postby Romanwild » March 13th, 2006, 8:39 am

I would love to know more about this one. :rolleyes2: Why couldn't he own a lab?

http://www.southeasttexaslive.com/site/news.cfm?newsid=16287986&BRD=2287&PAG=461&dept_id=512589&rfi=6
03/12/2006
Pit bull conflict ends in man's death
By ROLANDO GARCIA , The Enterprise

A Hardin County man was shot to death outside his trailer Saturday morning during a confrontation over his pit bull.

The shooting occurred around 10:30 a.m. at Bubba's Trailer Park on the 9800 block of Village Creek Road near Silsbee, said Chief Sheriff Deputy Kenny Davenport.

Justin Craig Slider, 19, was rushed to Christus St. Elizabeth Hospital in Beaumont where he was pronounced dead on arrival.

The confrontation began when Lonnie Brown, the owner of the trailer park, approached Slider's trailer to talk about the pit bull, Davenport said.

The dog, which was on a chain, lunged at him. Brown, 65, shot the dog with his handgun after he was bitten a few times, Davenport said.

Then, Slider came out of the trailer and the two got into a physical altercation.

During the fight, Slider, who did not have a weapon, was shot in the head and stomach.

Brown had a gunshot wound to his left hand. He was also taken to the hospital and was treated for his injuries. At press time, Davenport said Brown is still in the hospital.

Slider hailed from the Texarkana area and had only lived at the trailer park for a few weeks, Davenport said.

Investigators are still collecting evidence and witness statements and have not decided whether to file criminal charges.

rgarcia@beaumontenterprise.com

(409) 833-3311 ext. 414
Romanwild
I live here

Postby SisMorphine » March 13th, 2006, 8:48 am

Ummm . . . so he shot the dog who was chained and unable to get him (you know, unless he walked into the range of the chain . . . idiot), shot the kid who had no weapon, and shot himself in the hand?!

Effing idiot!!

I'll bet he tormented the dog just so he'd bite him.
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Postby Marinepits » March 13th, 2006, 9:31 am

"Bubba's Trailer Park" ?
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby cheekymunkee » March 13th, 2006, 2:14 pm

I know that area a little bit & "Bubba" is right. :rolleyes2:
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby pitbullmamaliz » March 13th, 2006, 6:09 pm

Marinepits wrote:"Bubba's Trailer Park" ?

That's EXACTLY what I was gonna say too!
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby Jenn » March 13th, 2006, 10:41 pm

Doesn't surprise me either.. :rolleyes2:
Jenn
undecided

Return to Pit Bull news and BSL