Man killed by pit bull near Houston

Pits in the news and info on Breed Specific Legislation.

Postby cheekymunkee » October 29th, 2006, 1:44 pm

http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?secti ... id=4706214

A young woman tells Eyewitness News she and the victim were visiting the dog's owner, who was apparently looking for a good home for the dog. The dog jumped up on the woman and the victim lunged at the dog. That's when the dog attacked the man.

The animal bit the man's throat, puncturing his jugular. He died in the front yard of the home he was visiting.

The dog's ownership is a little unclear. Neighbors say the men who lived in the home had pit bulls, but they never had any problems in the past.

An officer called to the scene stunned the agitated dog with his Taser. The dog was taken into custody by animal control officers.

A man living in the home was questioned by authorities and released. It's unknown what charges may be filed, if any. The victim's identity has not been released.
(Copyright © 2006, KTRK-TV)
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby pitbullmamaliz » October 29th, 2006, 9:57 pm

The poor dog probably jumped on the woman to give her kisses. Dumb man.
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby msvette2u » October 29th, 2006, 10:44 pm

Someone could have held his jugular shut...or put a finger in the hole. He could have himself...everyone must have panicked...
msvette2u
I live here

Postby 04100824 » October 30th, 2006, 8:52 am

GRRRR!

This story has me super peeved.

Yeaterday, we went to my in-laws' house so Doug could replace a switch for them, and ther FIRST THING my MIL says to me is, "Oh, did you hear about that PIT BULL that attacked that poor man who was trying to adopt him? They were in a shelter and the guy just wanted to adopt him and the dog jumped up and bit his throat and killed him! The poeple in the shelter said that the dog had never done that before!"

Really?

So I was asking questions and pointing out what all the media doesn't always get into or look up, and was hoping that maybe I wouldn't actually see an article on here today, and guess what? Here's the story, but completely different.

Where were these people? Why did that guy lunge the dog? Was he worried about an attack in the first place? Why is ownership unclear? Why do they say "The animal" bit the man? Was it a pit bull? Mix? Was it altered? Why can't they figure out who owned it?

Why does my MIL always have to have something to make drama over and cry about? :nono:

Grrr.

This whole thing just makes me mad, especially after seeing someone already slant it against my dog. She's met my dog! She likes my dog! She's just convinced that one day he will eat my face for some reason. :|

</rant>
Confident Young Bully

Postby cheekymunkee » October 30th, 2006, 11:30 am

On October 29 2006, 9:44 PM, msvette2u wrote:Someone could have held his jugular shut...or put a finger in the hole. He could have himself...everyone must have panicked...

I know right? A LOT of this story does not make sense, it could have been an accident. :|
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby msvette2u » October 30th, 2006, 11:35 am

On October 30 2006, cheekymunkee wrote:
On October 29 2006, 9:44 PM, msvette2u wrote:Someone could have held his jugular shut...or put a finger in the hole. He could have himself...everyone must have panicked...

I know right? A LOT of this story does not make sense, it could have been an accident. :|

Yes I asked hubby who is a medic, and he agreed, someone could have stopped the bleeding long enough for them to call 911. It was probably ONE tooth that went in the jugular, I can't imagine all 4 did. What a weird way to go, you know?? Very quick...
I wonder too why the guy lunged at the dog but even so it wasn't a good reaction on the dogs' part was it, to react with a bite?? I wonder if the dog was aggressing on the woman which is why the guy went to grab him?
msvette2u
I live here

Return to Pit Bull news and BSL