Christine & Mick

Here is where we can discuss canine cancers and treatment options to create a support system for those dealing with the disease.

Postby pocketpit » March 19th, 2008, 7:40 pm

:groupHug: Big hugs from my family to you and Mick.
pocketpit
Supremely Bully

Postby cheekymunkee » March 19th, 2008, 7:53 pm

Poor Mick sure has had a rough time lately. :cry:
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby amazincc » March 19th, 2008, 8:03 pm

Yup... but today he had FUN!!! I haven't seen him that happy and silly in a long time, so I don't regret my decision to take the dogs swimming instead... quality before quantity, right? :wink:
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby madremissy » March 19th, 2008, 8:32 pm

On March 19 2008, 7:03 PM, amazincc wrote:Yup... but today he had FUN!!! I haven't seen him that happy and silly in a long time, so I don't regret my decision to take the dogs swimming instead... quality before quantity, right? :wink:

Good for yall. Did you get any pictures, but I understand if he wanted his privacy today. :giggle:
madremissy
I have a basketball and I'm not afraid to use it.

Postby amazincc » March 19th, 2008, 8:37 pm

Noooo... I WAS on my way to the appointment... and got the estimate over the phone... so, we just did a huge U-Turn and went to the lake. No camera... sorry.

But Mick is snoring right now, and wagging his tail while he's sleeping... he had the BEST time, seriously... lol
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby madremissy » March 19th, 2008, 8:39 pm

He is dreaming about his wonderful day he had :heartbeat:
madremissy

Postby airwalk » March 19th, 2008, 10:56 pm

Yay, sounds like a wonderful decision for both of you. Sometimes you have to remember to stop and smell the ... well I was going to say roses...but maybe just the pee spots along the way.
airwalk
I live here

Postby gayrghts » March 20th, 2008, 12:57 am

On March 19 2008, 7:37 PM, amazincc wrote:Noooo... I WAS on my way to the appointment... and got the estimate over the phone... so, we just did a huge U-Turn and went to the lake. No camera... sorry.

But Mick is snoring right now, and wagging his tail while he's sleeping... he had the BEST time, seriously... lol

I'm glad you went and had fun.... sometimes fun and stress relief is just as important if not more important than tests....
Heather

A dog teaches a (kid) boy fidelity, perseverance, and to turn around three times before lying down.
- Robert Benchley
gayrghts
I live here

Postby amazincc » March 20th, 2008, 1:34 am

Yeah, I'm glad we went... :wink:
This is what I know - IF it's a tumor, there is surgery and/or radiation... which I won't do. If it's a build-up of fluid I will have it drained if Mick has trouble breathing.
Chemo therapy is my one real and feasible option at this point and that's where the money is going... so, maybe I'm in a little denial, but I had a VERY HAPPY boy on my hands today.
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby CinderDee » March 20th, 2008, 1:47 am

I'm so glad you guys had a good day! :hug3:
Dee
CinderDee
I'm The Bug Whisperer

Postby hugapitbull » March 20th, 2008, 5:38 am

Christine, Mick is such a strong boy, he'll pull through this road bump. We all know you make decisions based on what is good for him and you'll make the best one this time too.

Playtime at the lake sounds like the perfect getaway for both of you. How lucky you were to find a place where he is free to have fun.

Healing vibes and happy thoughts coming your way from me and Troub.
Shanna & Spirit Trouble
We beat osteosarcoma - 27 months 20 days cancer free
'Spirit' Trouble departed for the Bridge 3/16/2011 a victim of aging
Visit - http://k9cancer.org

Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain--and most fools do. ~Dale Carnegie
hugapitbull
The Better Half

Postby blabsforbullies » March 20th, 2008, 8:33 pm

(we have been out of town, so I am just catching up :sad2: ....) As always, Mick's best interests are ALWAYS, ALWAYS left best in your hands. :groupHug:

We are thinking of you and sending you our absolute best!!! :hug3: :heartbeat: :highfive:
We have a Mastiff... does that count??? :)
http://www.teamblabador.com

Akisa & Team Blabador
blabsforbullies
Giver of the Wubba

Postby hey21jude » March 22nd, 2008, 9:43 pm

Just thought I'd pop in and send some good vibes your way!!! Got all fingers and paws crossed for good news! I'm so glad you and Mick had a playday at the lake! I can just picture him snoring away and wagging his tail, dreaming of chasing various critters...so cute! Please give him a big kiss for me! *muah*
Save the Pit Bull... Save the World.
hey21jude
Confident Young Bully

Postby amazincc » March 24th, 2008, 7:41 pm

Well, here's a picture of "the mass"... it hasn't gotten bigger, it hasn't gotten smaller. It's just "there" and Mick doesn't seem to be too bothered by it. I can feel it (I know it's hard to see it in a pic)... it doesn't seem to hurt him when I touch it though. :|

And, yes, I will stop fondling the dog now. :oops:

amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby madremissy » March 24th, 2008, 7:45 pm

You have an appointment tomorrow don't you? Sending good thoughts.
madremissy

Postby amazincc » March 24th, 2008, 7:47 pm

We do. Going to zap "the mass" for all it's worth!
Thanks, Missy! :wink:
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby airwalk » March 24th, 2008, 8:17 pm

Okay, time to start storing up all the calming thoughts....everyone start sending them Mick's way.

Ya know one day it would be interesting to see what all those thoughts look like as they zip through cyber space from all of us to you!

Be a good boy Mick
airwalk
I live here

Postby blabsforbullies » March 24th, 2008, 8:58 pm

On March 24 2008, 7:17 PM, airwalk wrote:Okay, time to start storing up all the calming thoughts....everyone start sending them Mick's way.

Ok.... got 'em coming from CT for sure!!! :goodthoughts:
We have a Mastiff... does that count??? :)
http://www.teamblabador.com

Akisa & Team Blabador
blabsforbullies
Giver of the Wubba

Postby pitbullmamaliz » March 24th, 2008, 9:05 pm

Okay, I know I'm supposed to be looking at the lump, but I can't help but stare at his chest that looks so similar to Inara's - white hair, pink skin, short velvety-soft fur...I love scritching the short hairs on her chest, so please scritch Mick's chest for me as well!
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby amazincc » March 24th, 2008, 9:09 pm

On March 24 2008, 9:05 PM, pitbullmamaliz wrote:Okay, I know I'm supposed to be looking at the lump, but I can't help but stare at his chest that looks so similar to Inara's - white hair, pink skin, short velvety-soft fur...I love scritching the short hairs on her chest, so please scritch Mick's chest for me as well!

I will... when he falls asleep. He was very exasperated w/me today for poking and prodding him earlier... :rolleyes2: :backRoll:

Thanks for the good thoughts, everyone! :wink:
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

PreviousNext

Return to Canine Cancer