KNPV Video

Weight pull, Protection, Agility, Flyball... you name it!

Postby DemoDick » February 26th, 2008, 6:08 pm

Very cool video from KNPV 2005.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4m9R8Uh2 ... re=related

Not bad...for herders. :wink:

Demo Dick
"My first priority will be to reinstate the assault weapons ban PERMANENTLY as soon as I take office...I intend to work with Congress on a national no carry law, 1 gun a month purchase limits, and bans on all semi-automatic guns."-Barack Obama
"When in doubt, whip it out."-Nuge
DemoDick
They Like to Fondle My Gun

Postby pocketpit » February 26th, 2008, 6:16 pm

I've seen that video before but I can never tire of watching hard hitting dogs do take downs :mrgreen:
pocketpit
Supremely Bully

Postby pitbullmamaliz » February 26th, 2008, 6:23 pm

:rock:
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby katiek0417 » February 26th, 2008, 7:30 pm

I'm always amazed to watch the full videos of KNPV trials. People don't realize what these dogs are able to do: swim, retrieve (of things like buttons and shell casings from bullets)...

This is a nice list of the PH1 Level Exercises:

http://home.planet.nl/~teune020/engelsph1.htm

Part 1 of the morning programme

Exercise A. Heeling on a leash (5 points).

Handler and leashed dog follow a diabolo diagram which is plotted by cones. (This is the only exercise where the dog is on a leash during an exercise).

Exercise B. Heeling without a leash, right/left (5 points).

Handler and dog follow a diabolo diagram which is plotted by cones. At the first diagonal side the dog is instructed from the left to the right side. At the second diagonal side the dog is instructed back to the left side.

Exercise C. Heeling next to a bicycle (5 points).

Whilst cycling the handler and dog follow a diabolo diagram which is plotted by cones.

The dog is not allowed to walk in front / behind or too far away from its handler during any of the heeling exercises.

Exercise D. Down Stay (5 points).

The handler instructs his dog to stay down at a spot appointed by the judge/ inspector/ ( keurmeester NL and at a signal given by the inspector leaves the dog to stay down for three minutes.

Exercise E. Refusal of presented and thrown food (5 points).

The handler instructs his dog to stay down at a spot appointed by the judge and at a signal given by the judge leaves the dog to stay down.

Subsequently the decoy arrives with the food and tests twice wether the dog will accept the food from him.

He then walks backwards and throws the third piece of food towards the dog (not on top of the dog) from a distance of two to three meters.

Exercise F. Refusal of found food (5 points).

Ample food is scattered over the area on which the heeling, staying down and jumping takes place.

Exercise G. To be silent (5 points).

The handler and his dog are positioned at a spot appointed by the inspector. A short argument will be enacted by a few people followed by a gun shot. The dog should stay silent, it should not bark nor yelp.

Exercise H. Free jump over an obstacle (5 points).
The handler instructs his dog to jump over an obstacle which is 1 meter high. The dog should go back and forth over the obstacle as instructed, without actually touching the obstacle.

Exercise I. Jump over a wall (5 points).

Jump over a 1.75m high straight wall with a slope.

Exercise J. Jump over a ditch (5 points).

Jump over a 2.25 wide ditch, back and forth as instructed by the handler.

Exercise K. Searching and retrieving three small articles (3 x 5 points)

In a 14 sq meter field, covered in short grass, three small objects (house keys, ring, coin etc) are hidden. The dog has seven minutes to retrieve these objects and bring them to its handler. Three minutes for all 15 points, thereafter points are deducted.

Part 2 of the morning programme

Exercise A. Swimming across a canal (10 points)

The dog should swim across a canal (minimum width 15 meters) as instructed by its handler. The dog should wait on the other side of the canal and should swim back to its handler when instructed to do so.

Exercise B. Retrieving a large object out of the water (10 points)

As instructed by its handler the dog should retrieve an object, which floats approximately seven meters from shore, from the water and bring it ashore to its handler.

Part 3.

During a match or trail, inspection these exercises are carried out in the mornings.

Exercise A. Guarding the article (2 x 5 points)

The handler positions his dog at a spot appointed by the inspector near an object that the dog has to guard. At a signal given by the judge the handler leaves the dog to stay down for three minutes. Subsequently the Decoy passes the dog at a two meter distance. After he has passed the dog by 10 meters he turns around, walks towards the dog and the object and tries to pick up the object. The dog should not allow to let the object be picked up or taken away. The way to achieve this is for the dog to bite as soon as the decoy has approached it within 2 meters.

Exercise B. Searching for an object (5 x 5 points)

The dog has to search for a trunk (measuring 45cm x 30cm x 15cm), which has been hidden by the judge shortly before the exercise, in an area measuring 150m x 75m. When it has found the trunk, the dog should bark continuously until his handler joins him and follows him. The dog has seven minutes to retrieve the trunk, however, if it has not found the trunk within three minutes points are deducted.

Exercise C. Searching for a person (5 x 5 points)

The dog has to search for a person, who has been hidden by the judge shortly before the exercise, in an area measuring 150m x 75m. When it has found the person, the dog should guard the person and bark continuously until his handler joins him and follows him.

After approximately 10 barks, the person will attempt (by shouting) to stop the dog from guarding him. The dog should not fall silent, it may however bite in response to the shouting. The dog should therefore continue to bark until his handler joins him and follows him. The dog has seven minutes to find the person, however, if it has not found the person within three minutes points are deducted.

Exercise D. Transport of a prisoner (3 x 5 points)

The dog and its handler should transport the decoy on foot over a distance of 70 meters.

After 20 meters the decoy drops a set of keys which the dog should pick up and give to its handler. After a further 20 meters the decoy will enact walking under the inluence of alcohol for 20 meters. He will then continue walking the last ten meters as normal.

Part 3.

During a trail, match or inspection these exercises are carried out in the mornings.

Exercise E. Stopping a person who defends himself with a stick (7 x 5 points)

During this exercise the dog should halt the assistant. The handler registers with the judge at the track. When the decoy walks into view at the end of the track and raises his stick, the handler calls out ‘halt, police!’ twice. The decoy will at the same time increase his speed by starting to run. Then the command follows for the dog to stop the decoy.

When the dog is approximately 25 meters away from the starting line the judge will fire a gun shot. This shot is also a sign for the handler to follow his dog. Following the gun shot the will fire a gun shot.

This shot is also a sign for the handler to follow his dog.

Following the gun shot the decoy will disappear from the view (either on the left or right side of the field) of both the dog and the handler.

When the dog has approached the assistant at approximately 25 meters, the decoy will turn around quickly and will try to stop the dog from attacking by reacting against the dog and by giving threatening commands and to hit it with the stick.

Exercise F. Refusing to obey commands given by a stranger (4 x 5 points)

When the dog has let go, the decoy will give some further threatening command, the dog is allowed to bite but does not have to bite.

Exercise G. Transport followed by stopping the fleeing person (6 x 5 points)

After this, the handler will transport the decoy with the dog over a distance of approximately 25 meters.

The decoy will then turn around and run away from the handler and the dog.

The dog should stop the decoy immediately.

If the dog does this correctly the decoy will flee for another 5 to 7 meters, otherwise he will continue to run away.

When the decoy stands still the handler will instruct the dog to let go, pick him up and lead him away (without a leash) for 25 meters.

Exercise J. To stop a person who shoots a gun (7 x 5 points)

When the decoy comes into view he will fire a gun shot in the direction of the handler and the dog.

The handler will shout ‘halt, police!’ twice and will instruct his dog.

When the dog is 25 meters away from the start line the decoy will disappear from the view (either on the left or right side of the field) of both the dog and the handler.

When the dog has approached the decoy at approximately 25 meters, the decoy will fire another shot in the dog’s direction.

If the dog stops the decoy correctly he will walk on for another 5 to 7 meters to see if the dog has grabbed him properly.

After 5 to 7 meters the decoy will turn around.

The handler, who has followed his dog and is now at a distance of 30 meters will instruct the dog to let go.

Exercise K. Testing the dog regarding the throwing of objects at the dog (4 x 5 points)

At the judge signal the decoy will pick up an object to throw (a thin rubber hose, 15 to 25cm lengthwise, 3cm widthwise). The dog should respond immediately by attacking the decoy.

The decoy will then throw the object horizontally on top of the dog’s back.

This is repeated twice after which the decoy stops the assault and holds still.

The handler will instruct his dog to let go and will walk towards his dog who is now guarding the assistant.

Exercise L. Transport followed by defending the handler (6 x 5points)

As soon as the handler gets to the dog he will put the decoy on the transport.

After 25 meters the decoy will attack the handler.

The dog should respond to this immediately by attacking the decoy and defending its handler.

After a short wrestle the decoy will cease the attack, the handler will stand 2 meters away from him and will instruct the dog to let go.

He will then stand behind an judge so that the dog’s guarding methods can be observed once more.

Exercise M. Recalling the dog during a chase (3 x 5 points)

During this exercise the dog should start of as normal and bring the decoy to halt.

The handler will remaining standing or will walk towards,

but not past the first cone, which is positioned 10 meters away.

When the dog has past the last cone (which 60 meters away) the handler should call the dog.

The dog should cease the chase immediately and should return to its handler straight away.

Exercise H. Stopping a suspect who flees on a bicycle (6 x 5 points)

The handler registers with the judge in the same way as during the exercise with the stick.

The decoy will walk into view of both the dog and its handler.

The handler will shout ‘halt, police!’ once, the decoy will get on his bicycle and will cycle away in view of the handler.

The handler will shout ‘halt, police!’ once more and will instruct his dog.

When the dog is 25 meters away from the start line the decoy will disappear from view (either on the left or right side of the field) of both the dog and the handler.

When the dog has approached the decoy at approximately 5 to 7 meters, the decoy will increase his speed.

If the dog stops the decoy correctly he will cycle for another 5 to 7 meters to see if the dog has grabbed him properly.

After this the deco will get off his bicycle.

The handler, who has followed his dog and who is now approximately 30 meters away, will instruct his dog to let go.

Exercise I. Stopping the fleeing suspect (4 x 5 points)

At the judge signal the decoy will flee away from the handler.

A dog that bites properly will halt the fleeing suspect after 5 to 7 meters.

The decoy will then stand still and the handler will instruct his dog to let go.

He will then walk towards the dog, who is now guarding the decoy, and will walk the dog, without a leash, 25 meters away from the suspect.

Exercise N. Arresting a fleeing, but temporarily still standing suspect (feigned attack) (5 x5 points)

The handler registers with the judge at the track.

When the decoy walks into view at the end of the track and raises his stick, the handler calls out ‘halt, police!’ twice.

The decoy will immediately start running after which the dog is given the command to halt the decoy. When the dog is 25 meters away from the start line the decoy will disappear from view (either on the left or right side of the field) of both the dog and the handler.

When the dog has approached the decoy at approximately 40 meters, the decoy will turn around quickly and will stop fleeing.

The decoy will stand still, cross his arms and face the approaching dog.

When the dog has approached it should not bite the decoy, or else the exercise will be terminated and the dog won’t receive any points.

The dog should instead guard the decoy straight away.

At the judge signal the handler will walk the dog until they are two meters behind the decoy.

He will then signal the decoy to commence the transport.

During transport the handler and the dog will remain at a distance of two meters behind the decoy. Having walked for 25 meters the judge will instruct the handler to halt the transport.

The handler will distance himself from the decoy and will walk the dog, without a leash, for a further 25 meters.

"Rumor has it, compulsion is evil."

Katrina
Sacha CGC - Dumb Lab
Nisha CGC, PDC, PSA TC, PSA 1 - Crazy Malinois
Drusilla SLUT- Pet
Nemo - Dual-Purpose Narcotics
Cy TC, PSA 1, PSA 2, 2009 PSA Level 3 National Champion
Axo - Psycho Puppy
Rocky - RIP My Baby Boy
katiek0417
pointy ear hoarder

Postby DemoDick » February 26th, 2008, 7:33 pm

The area search for small objects is my favorite exercise, after the long send.

Demo Dick
"My first priority will be to reinstate the assault weapons ban PERMANENTLY as soon as I take office...I intend to work with Congress on a national no carry law, 1 gun a month purchase limits, and bans on all semi-automatic guns."-Barack Obama
"When in doubt, whip it out."-Nuge
DemoDick
They Like to Fondle My Gun

Postby katiek0417 » February 26th, 2008, 8:58 pm

I like the object guard...but the swimming the canal is also very cool!!!

Katrina
Sacha CGC - Dumb Lab
Drusilla SLUT- Pet
Axo - Psycho Puppy
Rocky - RIP My Baby Boy
katiek0417
pointy ear hoarder

Postby amazincc » February 26th, 2008, 9:01 pm

I am fascinated by ALL of it...
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby katiek0417 » February 26th, 2008, 9:30 pm

On February 26 2008, 8:01 PM, amazincc wrote:I am fascinated by ALL of it...

There is NOTHING in the US quite like KNPV!!!

Katrina
Sacha CGC - Dumb Lab
Drusilla SLUT- Pet
Axo - Psycho Puppy
Rocky - RIP My Baby Boy
katiek0417
pointy ear hoarder

Postby mnp13 » February 26th, 2008, 11:45 pm

One of the exercises is missing.

Exercise O. Dog completes and mails your tax return.

8)
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby katiek0417 » February 27th, 2008, 8:28 am

On February 26 2008, 10:45 PM, mnp13 wrote:One of the exercises is missing.

Exercise O. Dog completes and mails your tax return.

8)

I'd, personally, like one that makes my coffee in the morning!

Katrina
Sacha CGC - Dumb Lab
Drusilla SLUT- Pet
Axo - Psycho Puppy
Rocky - RIP My Baby Boy
katiek0417
pointy ear hoarder

Return to Sports