The Mick and Christine Show!

Here is where we can discuss canine cancers and treatment options to create a support system for those dealing with the disease.

Postby amazincc » January 5th, 2008, 10:11 am

On January 03 2008, 3:41 PM, iluvk9 wrote:Well, let's not forget the time Christine scared the bejebbers out of me. :greenWave: She send me some weirdo TV thing, that had me looking like I was on the evening news.

Right, Christine?? 8)

Right, Joyce... :oops: :wink:
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby iluvk9 » January 5th, 2008, 10:15 am

For crying out loud, Christine! Will all the other stuff in this thread, that is the one thing you post about? Let go, Chickie.....I did! Now I can laugh about it. 8)
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby pitbullmamaliz » January 5th, 2008, 10:20 am

What was this video thing??? I wanna see it!
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby iluvk9 » January 5th, 2008, 10:21 am

On January 05 2008, pitbullmamaliz wrote:What was this video thing??? I wanna see it!

Yes.
No.
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby amazincc » January 5th, 2008, 10:23 am

On January 05 2008, 9:15 AM, iluvk9 wrote:For crying out loud, Christine! Will all the other stuff in this thread, that is the one thing you post about? Let go, Chickie.....I did! Now I can laugh about it. 8)

'Kay... Image
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby amazincc » January 5th, 2008, 10:30 am

And we can't forget our Turtle Puppies... :wink:

amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby amazincc » January 5th, 2008, 10:33 am

Or my very favorite... The Palm Leaf! :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat:

amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby Beth » January 5th, 2008, 10:35 am

On January 05 2008, 9:30 AM, amazincc wrote:And we can't forget our Turtle Puppies... :wink:

Awwwe...I never saw the turtle puppies pics. How sweet!
Mom to
Blaze 3/17/93 - 3/30/07
Onyx b 3/7/99
Duchess b 3/12/02 r 9/18/02
Rifle b 12/1/02 r 8/8/03
Diamond b 5/3/05 a 8/3/05
Luka r 5/16/07
Dixie b 10/20/06 a 4/1/08
Beth
Enlightened Bully

Postby iluvk9 » January 5th, 2008, 2:00 pm

I think the palm leaf and the balancing stuff on his nose are always in my top 10 of The Mickmeister. :loveU:
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby airwalk » January 5th, 2008, 10:03 pm

I don't know..does Mick take a bad picture? I'm thinking ... no
airwalk
I live here

Postby madremissy » January 5th, 2008, 11:24 pm

On January 05 2008, 9:03 PM, airwalk wrote:I don't know..does Mick take a bad picture? I'm thinking ... no

Ditto, How could he with that face! :)
madremissy
I have a basketball and I'm not afraid to use it.

Postby TheRedQueen » January 6th, 2008, 11:04 am

The palm leaf...my fav. :D
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby Jessica » January 6th, 2008, 11:20 am

He brought her a palm leaf this morning too... even though he really didn't feel good. He was frantic outside when he couldn't find one right away, and we had to walk around the house about 10 times before he picked one up that he liked. :)
Jessica
Jessica
Just Whelped

Postby iluvk9 » January 6th, 2008, 12:25 pm

On January 06 2008, Jessica wrote:He brought her a palm leaf this morning too... even though he really didn't feel good. He was frantic outside when he couldn't find one right away, and we had to walk around the house about 10 times before he picked one up that he liked. :)

LMAO Oh, Mick! You must have the Labradork gene in you!
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby Beth » January 6th, 2008, 12:36 pm

On January 06 2008, 10:20 AM, Jessica wrote:He brought her a palm leaf this morning too... even though he really didn't feel good. He was frantic outside when he couldn't find one right away, and we had to walk around the house about 10 times before he picked one up that he liked. :)

That is just way too sweet! What a guy, Mick!
Mom to
Blaze 3/17/93 - 3/30/07
Onyx b 3/7/99
Duchess b 3/12/02 r 9/18/02
Rifle b 12/1/02 r 8/8/03
Diamond b 5/3/05 a 8/3/05
Luka r 5/16/07
Dixie b 10/20/06 a 4/1/08
Beth
Enlightened Bully

Postby CinderDee » January 6th, 2008, 8:34 pm

How sweet.... :)
Dee
CinderDee
I'm The Bug Whisperer

Postby turtle » January 9th, 2008, 11:10 am

I'm not on much these days and I just saw the threads about Mick. I am so sorry Christine, cancer sucks. I'll be thinking of you and Mick and will hope for him to go into remission.

I know what it's like to have a dog that hates the vet and has a bad time outside of their home... My previous pit bull was much like your Mick. She only trusted us, and did not like strangers. She was abused by a boarding kennel where I had to leave her for 2 wks when my father died, and she was never the same after that. I kept her safe for 6 more yrs until she got sick with what we were told was probably a brain tumor. It's a hard thing to have a pit bull that does not have the typical temperament of loving everyone...

Best of luck and good thoughts sent. I hope you can get him feeling better and have some more time with him. Cancer breaks your heart but you love him and will do your best for him. I am so very sorry, and hope Mick does well with his treatments.

(And those are great pics with him and the turtles! I am a turtle fan too, and my old dog used to steal cantaloupe from the box turtles, I wish I had a pic of that. Turtle-puppies, that's great!)

On January 05 2008, 9:30 AM, amazincc wrote:And we can't forget our Turtle Puppies... :wink:

-------------------------------------------------------

I may be slow but I get there - a turtle's motto
turtle
Loyally Bully

Postby luvmypitties » January 9th, 2008, 11:54 am

Mick is too good looking! I agree I dont think he could ever take a bad picture...EVER! They are all so great!
Tina
Our thoughts and prayers are with Mick and Christine! We love you both!

RIP my precious Noah! You are greatly missed and still so loved!!! 7-12-06-- 2-21-07
RIP Abby! I always loved you!
luvmypitties
I live here

Postby Jessica » January 11th, 2008, 8:24 am

On January 09 2008, 10:10 AM, gf turtle wrote:I'm not on much these days and I just saw the threads about Mick. I am so sorry Christine, cancer sucks. I'll be thinking of you and Mick and will hope for him to go into remission.

I know what it's like to have a dog that hates the vet and has a bad time outside of their home... My previous pit bull was much like your Mick. She only trusted us, and did not like strangers. She was abused by a boarding kennel where I had to leave her for 2 wks when my father died, and she was never the same after that. I kept her safe for 6 more yrs until she got sick with what we were told was probably a brain tumor. It's a hard thing to have a pit bull that does not have the typical temperament of loving everyone...

Best of luck and good thoughts sent. I hope you can get him feeling better and have some more time with him. Cancer breaks your heart but you love him and will do your best for him. I am so very sorry, and hope Mick does well with his treatments.

(And those are great pics with him and the turtles! I am a turtle fan too, and my old dog used to steal cantaloupe from the box turtles, I wish I had a pic of that. Turtle-puppies, that's great!)

Mickeys worst experiences with people were at vet offices, because we used to think they knew what they were doing. He was slammed between the door and the wall by one vet technician one time while another one pulled his leash through the crack in the door, because he tried to follow my Mom. They had told us that it would be easier on Mickey if my Mom wasn't around during his exam and shots and that he would be easier to manage. He ended up with a bloody lip and nose and peed and pooped all over the wall. We saw the whole thing and it was horrible. We never went back to that vet, but Mickey just can't trust anyone in a vet office now. He has gotten much better with other people because my Mom practices with him every day, but at the vet he forgets everything he has learned.
Jessica
Jessica
Just Whelped

Postby lellis34 » January 11th, 2008, 11:42 am

I'm just wondering, call me crazy, do you think the vet or a tech might make a house call? Could some of the things he needs be done at home? Just a thought.
Ming Ming: “celery is great after a good pee”
Tuck: “you can say that again”
Ming Ming: “celery is great after a good pee”
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vW-ZxcPE33w
lellis34
Bull Meister

PreviousNext

Return to Canine Cancer