Obedience Video

Weight pull, Protection, Agility, Flyball... you name it!

Postby DemoDick » May 23rd, 2007, 12:36 am

Michelle and I worked dogs in obedience today and I made a video of Connor to get some practice with Movie Maker. I missed the coolest part of all due to battery failure but we'll get it tomorrow.

Note-Connor is wearing a muzzle that's too small and he can't open his mouth. He's VERY surpressed and "loose" in it and becomes much more animated and precise when it comes off.

Also, there's no bitework. Just obedience.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GvyWqdjrBX0

Demo Dick
"My first priority will be to reinstate the assault weapons ban PERMANENTLY as soon as I take office...I intend to work with Congress on a national no carry law, 1 gun a month purchase limits, and bans on all semi-automatic guns."-Barack Obama
"When in doubt, whip it out."-Nuge
DemoDick
They Like to Fondle My Gun

Postby InBearsMemory » May 23rd, 2007, 8:34 am

That was cool! I don't have sound here at work, but that was really awesome just watching it. I loved the recall in and out of the vehicle. I might have to try that sometime with Loki.
I love the credits, guy with mustache, lol.
Withdrawn a step away, just to find my self.
The door is closed again, the only one left.
This storm that’s broken me my only friend.
InBearsMemory
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby SisMorphine » May 23rd, 2007, 8:38 am

I'm disappointed that there was no crotch bite :twisted:

Love ya, Michelle!!
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Postby mnp13 » May 23rd, 2007, 10:07 am

yeah, thanks. Come out and visit and you can have one. And while we're at it, you can help me work on Riggs' out.

:twisted:
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby luvmypitties » May 23rd, 2007, 11:28 am

I would love to feel tha absolute power behind these dogs. I took a bite from a shepherd or malinois cant remember which that was a military police dog and that almost knocked me off my feet.
Tina
Our thoughts and prayers are with Mick and Christine! We love you both!

RIP my precious Noah! You are greatly missed and still so loved!!! 7-12-06-- 2-21-07
RIP Abby! I always loved you!
luvmypitties
I live here

Postby Big_Ant » May 23rd, 2007, 11:41 am

On 05/23/2007 8:28 AM, luvmypitties wrote:I would love to feel tha absolute power behind these dogs. I took a bite from a shepherd or malinois cant remember which that was a military police dog and that almost knocked me off my feet.

You'd be surprised at how few dogs there are that hit hard.

Not speaking just APBT either. All breeds.

A lot of dogs will run to at the decoy, but they sort of stop at the bite, so it's sort of like they jump, and once they get the bite, they just drop to the ground.

The worst (from my discussions with decoys) is when a dog does the RUN/BITE through the decoy. It's much more impactful.

I seen a German Rott that took out 3 different decoys. They didn't go down, but it was pretty impacting. And then I worked a friend's German Rott who was much larger, and have the structure to be 10x the dog that the other one was, and he was a softy. Bite, and a few tugs, but that's about it.

- Anthony
Big_Ant
Enlightened Bully

Postby luvmypitties » May 23rd, 2007, 11:55 am

I am not sure if the dog I took a bite from was a softy or what but I could feel the power of that bite. I couldnt imagine taking it from something bigger or more powerful but I think it would be a great experience!
Tina

RIP my precious Noah! You are greatly missed and still so loved!!! 7-12-06-- 2-21-07
luvmypitties
I live here

Postby lellis34 » May 23rd, 2007, 12:21 pm

That's awesome. I'm just doing basic stuff with King, but I'd love for him to be that good one day.
Ming Ming: “celery is great after a good pee”
Tuck: “you can say that again”
Ming Ming: “celery is great after a good pee”
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vW-ZxcPE33w
lellis34
Bull Meister

Postby mnp13 » May 23rd, 2007, 12:48 pm

A lot of the hit depends on how the dog was trained. If a dog has been jammed badly then it will hesitate before it comes in, so it will bite but won't "throw" itself into it. Dogs also slow down on entry if they have been esquived (sp? when the decoy makes them miss) so that they target better to not miss.

There are hardest hitting contests at many protection / bite sport tournaments. The dogs that just plow in with abandon are the ones that put on the best show!

The biggest dog I have ever done decoy work for was Roger, a 110 pound Rottie. He didn't hit the hardest though. I'd say that honor goes to Yipee, who is about 30 pounds lighter but hits like a hammer... and threw me around pretty good, but that's a different story.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby Big_Ant » May 23rd, 2007, 12:59 pm

On 05/23/2007 9:48 AM, mnp13 wrote:I'd say that honor goes to Yipee, who is about 30 pounds lighter but hits like a hammer... and threw me around pretty good, but that's a different story.

Is that the one where you ended up on the ground face first and unable to get up? LMAO
Big_Ant
Enlightened Bully

Postby mnp13 » May 23rd, 2007, 1:07 pm

Yup, that would be the one.

He took me down 4 or 5 times, that last one was the last one. I did stay up twice though.

In my own defense, I was in a bitesuit that was so big I could barely move. He would have taken me down anyway, but fighting the suit and the dog gets really old really fast.
Michelle

mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby ellie@ny » May 23rd, 2007, 2:27 pm

Nice work! :)
Can I ask why is he wearing the muzzle?
Ellie
----------------------------------------
"Winners aren't born...they're made.And they're made just like anything else...through hard work.That's the price we'll have to pay to achive that goal."
ellie@ny
Full of Bully

Postby mnp13 » May 23rd, 2007, 2:47 pm

On May 23 2007, 14:27, ellie@ny wrote:Nice work! :)
Can I ask why is he wearing the muzzle?

PSA requires that the dog be muzzled at the beginning of the obedience portion of the routine so he has to be used to wearing one.
Michelle

mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby katiek0417 » May 23rd, 2007, 3:56 pm

One thing I've been learning is how to get a dog to come in fast and hard. Many people train frontal attack after frontal attack. Greg has his dogs do escape bite after escape bite. This is how he trains his dogs...it keeps them from "gathering" as they come into the bite...and makes them stay fast (so they can keep up)...

This is how he trained Asja...and I've had decoys tell me that she's one of the hardest hitting b*tches they've seen (and she's only 56 lbs)...
"Rumor has it, compulsion is evil."

Katrina
Sacha CGC - Dumb Lab
Nisha CGC, PDC, PSA TC, PSA 1 - Crazy Malinois
Drusilla SLUT- Pet
Nemo - Dual-Purpose Narcotics
Cy TC, PSA 1, PSA 2, 2009 PSA Level 3 National Champion
Axo - Psycho Puppy
Rocky - RIP My Baby Boy
katiek0417
pointy ear hoarder

Postby luvmypitties » May 23rd, 2007, 3:57 pm

I need to take a trip up there I would love to see all this stuff!
Tina

luvmypitties
I live here

Postby Big_Ant » May 23rd, 2007, 4:03 pm

On 05/23/2007 12:56 PM, katiek0417 wrote:One thing I've been learning is how to get a dog to come in fast and hard. Many people train frontal attack after frontal attack. Greg has his dogs do escape bite after escape bite. This is how he trains his dogs...it keeps them from "gathering" as they come into the bite...and makes them stay fast (so they can keep up)...

This is how he trained Asja...and I've had decoys tell me that she's one of the hardest hitting b*tches they've seen (and she's only 56 lbs)...

I'd love to see some training videos on this if he has any.

I do similar, and do multiple attack directions and situations, but Greg is much more experienced, AND A DECOY (I just play one on AntTV).

- Anthony
Big_Ant
Enlightened Bully

Postby katiek0417 » May 23rd, 2007, 5:02 pm

On May 23 2007, 2:57 PM, luvmypitties wrote:I need to take a trip up there I would love to see all this stuff!

Anytime...you are more than welcome!!!

Next weekend is our trial....

Katrina
Sacha CGC - Dumb Lab
Drusilla SLUT- Pet
Axo - Psycho Puppy
Rocky - RIP My Baby Boy
katiek0417
pointy ear hoarder

Postby luvmypitties » May 23rd, 2007, 5:14 pm

I currently work weekends til like 11 at night sometimes. I am looking for a new job as I have no time to do anything else but work and well Roscoe is needing some attention. Once I find a new job and have a set schedule I will definetly PM you or something and see if I can come up there. You arent too far from me so it wont be bad. Thanks for the invitation!
Tina

luvmypitties
I live here

Postby katiek0417 » May 23rd, 2007, 5:26 pm

On May 23 2007, 3:03 PM, Big_Ant wrote:
On 05/23/2007 12:56 PM, katiek0417 wrote:One thing I've been learning is how to get a dog to come in fast and hard. Many people train frontal attack after frontal attack. Greg has his dogs do escape bite after escape bite. This is how he trains his dogs...it keeps them from "gathering" as they come into the bite...and makes them stay fast (so they can keep up)...

I'd love to see some training videos on this if he has any.

I do similar, and do multiple attack directions and situations, but Greg is much more experienced, AND A DECOY (I just play one on AntTV).

- Anthony

I don't know if there are any videos...just some clips we've gotten of our dogs...He definitely trained asja with escape bites, and says we'll do the same with Nisha so that she will come fast and hard....

I've spoken to several trainers who like to train the frontal attack for beginning dogs. The escape bite develops a full, clean bite b/c there is no stress on the dog. And because they're "fading back" they have to keep coming in fast to be able to get a good grip...

Personally, I'd rather have Nisha coming in like Asja than any other dog...I've seen her take down even experienced decoys. She's the type of dog that when she hits, you can hear it across the field...

Tina, whenever you are settled with work, give me a call....it would be fun to have you come up and train with us, sometime...also, are you going to start training with Rick at some point?

Katrina
Sacha CGC - Dumb Lab
Drusilla SLUT- Pet
Axo - Psycho Puppy
Rocky - RIP My Baby Boy
katiek0417
pointy ear hoarder

Postby Big_Ant » May 23rd, 2007, 5:40 pm

Makes Sense Katrina, and I seen the video of Asja hitting in that one trial and it was hard!!!

Oh! I found someone to get me the list of the Sch Commands in Japanese for Mr. Rider Boy. I'm not sure they translate perfectly since the person who got them for me was not a dog person, so the use of adjective/verb might be a little off, but what can you do? Google only had symbols, and none that were specifically from dog/sch people. Just standard word translation.

- Anthony
Big_Ant
Enlightened Bully

Next

Return to Sports